Guns N' Roses rehearsal 2002 VMA

7 minutes ago, zombux said:

hard to tell. there was the SCOM from Big Daddy, which was released in July, that definitely has Robin on it (altough I've never seen any proper credits).

then on Aug 1 Robin left, leaving the band only with Paul Huge as a full-time guitarist. Axl probably tried to play guitar a bit during that time.

then after Robin left, there was the "OMG era", which resulted in release of OMG, supposedly without Robin's previously recorded parts. they had Dave Navarro as a guest on lead guitars there, in addition to Paul Huge, Axl, Gary Sunshine.

then, around Christmas, Axl invited Buckethead, and for some months the guitars lineup was Paul and Buckethead.

only later in 2000 (Fragility Tour ended in July 2000, but probably it took some more time after that), Robin rejoined the band and the three-guitar thing was born.

That hence the SKA/Reggae Parts...it's robin's. 

22 minutes ago, zombux said:

hard to tell. there was the SCOM from Big Daddy, which was released in July, that definitely has Robin on it (altough I've never seen any proper credits).

then on Aug 1 Robin left, leaving the band only with Paul Huge as a full-time guitarist. Axl probably tried to play guitar a bit during that time.

then after Robin left, there was the "OMG era", which resulted in release of OMG, supposedly without Robin's previously recorded parts. they had Dave Navarro as a guest on lead guitars there, in addition to Paul Huge, Axl, Gary Sunshine.

then, around Christmas, Axl invited Buckethead, and for some months the guitars lineup was Paul and Buckethead.

only later in 2000 (Fragility Tour ended in July 2000, but probably it took some more time after that), Robin rejoined the band and the three-guitar thing was born.

Yeah, I think Robin returned to Guns late in 2000 around October. According to Axl, the band played live together in rehearsals for the first time in December 2000, weeks before the HoB date.

46 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

Yeah, I think Robin returned to Guns late in 2000 around October. According to Axl, the band played live together in rehearsals for the first time in December 2000, weeks before the HoB date.

October 2000 at latest, there were already some newspaper reports about him in the band in October. so something between late July and early October, probably :) 

5 hours ago, zombux said:

October 2000 at latest, there were already some newspaper reports about him in the band in October. so something between late July and early October, probably :) 

The band announced the rock in rio end of october  including the lineup with Robin...

So its october or before

13 hours ago, DTV88 said:

So, if I understand this correctly, this kid:

1) Claims to work on behalf of Team Brazil, a professional management team responsible for Axl Rose and Guns N Roses.

2) Utilizes said power to pull videos from YouTube (and other sites) that Guns N' Roses record company, UMG, have previously flagged to ensure they (UMG) receive profits from running ads on these videos; thus costing UMG, and presumably GnR, actual $.

3) Does this because he is upset at other fans who actually want to watch & hear GnR performances and unreleased songs that he and a small few others have access to.

4) Directly threatens another man's children.

5) ------------

6) Has previously impersonated Izzy Stradlin' (I remember this all too well...:lol:)

7) Created a fake Tommy Stinson Facebook page (yet claimed he wasn't impersonating Tommy:facepalm: after getting called out publicly)

And Team Brazil is not denying that this kid is working with their authorization a full week after receiving this information?

Correct for the most part except below:

13 hours ago, donny said:

point 4 and 5 are not correct. the mans children and the address of mother are 2 different people/incidents.

both of course should never have happened. 

From what I understand, point 5 could have been changed to "Was involved with someone who...." and it'd be more accurate.

The overall point is totally on, though. Yes, this person does/did all of these things up to and including threatening the children of another user. Yes, Team Brazil is aware of the entire situation for over a week now and yes, they have yet to deny that he is working with their authorization. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

16 hours ago, The Macaroni Incident? said:

Walker Alford lives a sad existence.

Keep him in your prayers.

Aaannndddd now Tommy Stinson himself just called out our lunatic friend.  

I think this is past the point of laughter, anger, etc.  This guy is in need of professional help.  It seems like the only person who has any influence over this guy is Mofo.

MOFO, this is getting serious.  If you aren’t the bi-polar narcissist I believe you to be please get this guy help if he’s your friend. There no chance this ends well.  Stop your crusade against the GNR internet community and save his life.  PLEASE. 

• Like 1

Even without having all the details and just looking over the case this guy scares the living shit out of me. I'd level up security and track him down the sooner the better. Either sort it out in a real life in person meeting to bring him back down to reality and if that doesn't help contact authorities and go all the way. Today he's threatening fans, impersonating artists and their managers, affecting what content is on YT and the next thing you know this guy gets himself a copy of Catcher In The Rye. Seriously, this is no fun and needs to be brought to full attention of the band and everyone around them.

29 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Even without having all the details and just looking over the case this guy scares the living shit out of me. I'd level up security and track him down the sooner the better. Either sort it out in a real life in person meeting to bring him back down to reality and if that doesn't help contact authorities and go all the way. Today he's threatening fans, impersonating artists and their managers, affecting what content is on YT and the next thing you know this guy gets himself a copy of Catcher In The Rye. Seriously, this is no fun and needs to be brought to full attention of the band and everyone around them.

That's the thing: they're very aware of all of this. They've had all the details for over a week now, yet choose to not even make a public statement saying they have nothing to do with this person who's threatening families and doing so while saying he's working with them. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

That's the thing: they're very aware of all of this. They've had all the details for over a week now, yet choose to not even make a public statement saying they have nothing to do with this person who's threatening families and doing so while saying he's working with them. 

At this level of crazy it might actually be better to not make a public statement just yet and in that give that guy more attention and validation. It's a bit tricky, one hand I think they need to address it asap, but security should come first and who knows what authorities might already be involved? First I thought it was just another guy with too much time and a strange sense of humor, but after reading a bit more this looks different and a lot more serious. Shitty situation for band and fans, but a simple "we're on it but can't communicate any details about ongoing investigations" sort of statement could do the trick of triggering him even futher. If this guy was affecting my people or business I would have called the cops or at least a lawyer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adamsapple said:

At this level of crazy it might actually be better to not make a public statement just yet and in that give that guy more attention and validation. It's a bit tricky, one hand I think they need to address it asap, but security should come first and who knows what authorities might already be involved? First I thought it was just another guy with too much time and a strange sense of humor, but after reading a bit more this looks different and a lot more serious. Shitty situation for band and fans, but a simple "we're on it but can't communicate any details about ongoing investigations" sort of statement could do the trick of triggering him even futher. If this guy was affecting my people or business I would have called the cops or at least a lawyer.

Yeah, I agree it's on odd situation. The first part of your is what a lot of the mods have thought too. I see both sides of it, but still wish they'd give the fan base a simple "we are not associated with that person in any way" type of statement. 

I also agree with the second part. If something like either of these threats hasld happened to me personally, I would've contacted the authorities immediately. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Whats disappointing and frustrating to me is that Team Brazil has already dealt with Karen McNeil in the past.  For those who don’t know who that is, Karen McNeil was Axl’s stalker in the late 90’s/ early 2000’s. There were restraining orders and lawsuits.  Karen was disturbed but never really came across as dangerous.  Walker comes across as dangerous in addition to disturbed.  How they are taking a laid back approach when they’ve already gone through this is baffling.  Does this guy have to show up on a doorstep of a band member for TB to take action?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

The chief difference being that was an Axl stalker, this crazy is threatening those outside the GNR camp.

The closest metaphor I can think of is Selina’s housekeeper. She eventually killed Selina. Wait. I don’t like where this metaphor is going.

Anyway, on topic. I’ve been doing triple shifts at the Golden Banana in order to raise the $10,000 in order to see Axl half ass a rehearsal. I tell my customers that each $20 they stuff in my G-String is for a noble cause.

Yes totally understand what you’re saying, but the guy has been impersonating Tommy Stinson and allegedly harassed Perla online (was that ever confirmed?). He is aggressive.  Karen was just... crazy haha.  What is TB waiting for?  Nip this in the bud BEFORE it goes too far.  He is a threat to himself and others.  This will be on TB’s and Mofo’s hands if it gets to that point.  

3 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

The chief difference being that was an Axl stalker, this crazy is threatening those outside the GNR camp.

I'd say this is even more serious than the average stalker. A stalker feels codependency and a deep affection, seeking attention, connection and validation. This guy seems to desire power and control and he appears to feel strangely protective. I don't like where this whole situation might be heading and I just hope they are on it in cooperation with authorities.

• Like 1

Whenever I think of obsessed fans, Nathan Gale comes to mind. 

In the aftermath of Dimebag and several others deaths, it became clear that this guy was unwell and unstable for some time.

He thought Dime broke up Pantera. Thought Dime stole his lyrics. Stormed the stage at a Damageplan show before getting kicked out. Had paranoid schizophrenia and his mother gave him a gun! Suspiciously hung around the venue that day asking about Dime and Vinnie, stormed the stage that night and killed several people. 

Ultimately, a lot of people could have done more but didn't.

It's difficult to say what the solution is, but people should treat these things seriously. Too often it ends in tragedy and the aftermath reveals that the writing had been on the wall. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

I have been loyal to GNR for nearly 30 years (in words: t h i r t y years), but they and/or their management was able to ruin the whole thing within very few weeks. I am very frustrated ...  and this has nothing to do to with line up or set list discussions, Axl's voice or the lack of new material. It's something deeper ... that has been destroyed.  

I have to agree.  

Like, as much shit as people give the "Mickey Mouse" voice in show threads, I never found myself uninterested in GNR because Axl may have more rasp one night than another.  Even the shows themselves - are fucking amazing.  I LOVED the shows I saw in 2016

But, it is just really a bummer seeing how little the band (or at least - management) cares about the people (us) who care about the band the most.  Pearl Jam fans have it great.  The band even looks on the forums and adds songs to setlists that people campaign for them to play online, or request for personal reasons.  You have every show on every tour they do available properly mixed for purchase.   You get the sense of how much they value their fans, and want to keep them passionate with the band.  

I know it doesn't make a dent in their wallet if they lose the interest of us because of how big this current tour is.  But I just think it would be a great sign of goodwill and good vibes to at least help GNR fans from being threatened by a kid who is saying he is acting on behalf of them.  It is the very very least they could do

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, adamsapple said:

I'd say this is even more serious than the average stalker. A stalker feels codependency and a deep affection, seeking attention, connection and validation. This guy seems to desire power and control and he appears to feel strangely protective. I don't like where this whole situation might be heading and I just hope they are on it in cooperation with authorities.

If there were any 'authorities' involved, this guy wouldnt be impersonating Stinson and chatting to people in such a laid back manner, explaining how he works for TB, a week after this whole thing went public. 

Like I said before, it seems obvious now that he is indeed working for TB, they know him and they don't give a fuck what he does to the fans. They probably encourage him to do it.

TB has always behaved like thugs... From the top of my head I recall Fermanager taking a phone away from an English fan and later having to go to the police to explain that (London, 2016).

And the countless times Beta has attacked fans online, with her harsh words and insults. Even the ACDC fans got attacked by her but nothing happened, no one lost their job because of that...... and no one will do anything about Alfred because none of us are of any importance to TB.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

If there were any 'authorities' involved, this guy wouldnt be impersonating Stinson and chatting to people in such a laid back manner, explaining how he works for TB, a week after this whole thing went public. 

Like I said before, it seems obvious now that he is indeed working for TB, they know him and they don't give a fuck what he does to the fans. They probably encourage him to do it.

TB has always behaved like thugs... From the top of my head I recall Fermanager taking a phone away from an English fan and later having to go to the police to explain that (London, 2016).

And the countless times Beta has attacked fans online, with her harsh words and insults. Even the ACDC fans got attacked by her but nothing happened, no one lost their job because of that...... and no one will do anything about Alfred because none of us are of any importance to TB.

So do you think Del isn't aware of him then, just Beta and Fernando? I mean the way Del talked he didn't seem cool with how this guy operates, threatening people etc. Maybe getting that whole story to Del would cause something to actually happen because he can talk to the band as a person they trust instead of fans from online forums. That it's not cool who Beta/Fernando employ on behalf of Guns. Who else would be able to do something about this apart from someone close to the band?

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

1 hour ago, adamsapple said:

I just hope this is the case. Well, obviously not, but I mean in terms of TB not authorising it and trying to figure out how to safely deal with it.

28 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Whenever I think of obsessed fans, Nathan Gale comes to mind. 

In the aftermath of Dimebag and several others deaths, it became clear that this guy was unwell and unstable for some time.

He thought Dime broke up Pantera. Thought Dime stole his lyrics. Stormed the stage at a Damageplan show before getting kicked out. Had paranoid schizophrenia and his mother gave him a gun! Suspiciously hung around the venue that day asking about Dime and Vinnie, stormed the stage that night and killed several people. 

Ultimately, a lot of people could have done more but didn't.

It's difficult to say what the solution is, but people should treat these things seriously. Too often it ends in tragedy and the aftermath reveals that the writing had been on the wall. 

Jesus Christ... I know we take the piss out of things around here, but past examples like this really put it in perspective. The last thing I want is to wake up to a headline that a band member or a fan has come to physical harm over this shit.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

So do you think Del isn't aware of him then, just Beta and Fernando? I mean the way Del talked he didn't seem cool with how this guy operates, threatening people etc. Maybe getting that whole story to Del would cause something to actually happen because he can talk to the band as a person they trust instead of fans from online forums. That it's not cool who Beta/Fernando employ on behalf of Guns. Who else would be able to do something about this apart from someone close to the band?

I think Del has very little saying in this kind of things. He is one (or maybe more) steps below TB... I'd say he knows jack shit of what TB does, except for touring affairs.

He might raise the story with TB but not with the band... no way... those problems are not things to be brought to the band. So if he indeed mentioned the letter to TB, I think TB might have told him to not worry, everything's under control.