What is Axl up to these days?

With Slash touring behind his new album and Brian going back to AC/DC, I wonder what's the meantime/next project for Axl? Perhaps he's just taking some rest now, but maybe all the touring and playing with old band members also inspired him? Do you think he's working on some new music? I just hope he doesn't fall into an aftermath abyss of sorts with more downtime and fewer public performances to do now. Hey Axl if you read this I hope all is well! I would love to hear some new music from you!

• Like 1

lol, millionaire celebrities don't need protection. it reminds of when the world cup ended and someone in the brazil staff said "it's really hard to be neymar" - the guy who earns ~5 dollars a minute.

axl has retired from music as an art form and is probably doing nothing, or counting the millions he made as an entertainer.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

No offense to anyone, but the amount of sarcasm here is really depressing. I'm not a fan of how TB handles things and all either, but that doesn't take away from my appreciation of the music and my respect for the art. Think for a second you were him and reading this - with hardcore fans like this I wouldn't be too inspired to release anything new either and rather stick to the casuals as well. As much as I admire the music, I wouldn't want to walk in his shoes for only a mile. And I applaude him that he keeps going after all he's been through on the creative side and whatever else we might have no clue about. Maybe it's just a stupid naive feeling but something tells me it's about time to show some love again and be bigger than the shit one could often rightfully complain about. We can hate and bash all we want, but what would that charge the overall energy with? Nothing. At the end of the day I think we must be louder than TB, in like supportive, faithful, loyal and also direct, honest and clear. And perhaps a little more respectful? Again, no offense, just some thoughts crossing my mind tonight.

The only reason we joke so much about him is because of the lack of new music. And we dont really do it in a offensive way really, we are all here fooling around because we love the "art" they've created 25 years ago and because we expect for more. While theres no sight of new "art" we talk about what he became in the last 20 years. 

Its his own fault if he became a target for so many "jokes".

• Like 3

1 minute ago, edsonandhudson said:

lol, millionaire celebrities don't need protection. it reminds of when the world cup ended and someone in the brazil staff said "it's really hard to be neymar" - the guy who earns ~5 dollars a minute.

axl has retired from music as an art form and is probably doing nothing, or counting the millions he made as an entertainer.

Personally, I think no one should be treated without respect or put on a podest, regardless their income.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Loyalty goes both ways.  Give the fans some new music and maybe they'll lay off a bit.  I supported Nu GnR seeing them 8 times and the NITL shows 4 times.  It's getting stale without new music tbh.  If I were to guess I'd say Axl is relaxing and enjoying himself.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, default_ said:

The only reason we joke so much about him is because of the lack of new music. And we dont really do it in a offensive way really, we are all here fooling around because we love the "art" they've created 25 years ago and because we expect for more. While theres no sight of new "art" we talk about what he became in the last 20 years. 

Its his own fault if he became a target for so many "jokes".

Understood, but only because I read a lot here. ;)

On the other hand, personally, I'm not too crazy about all the nostalgia and what turned a lot of people off was what ultimately made me a big fan of Axl: Chinese Democracy. The tone, the lyrics, the struggle, the madness, the ambition, the spirit? Most of that is gone from NITL, but the guy behind it is alive and kicking and I just feel like supporting him a bit more because, I don't know, it feels like the right thing to do.

If there is one more album in him and he feels like sharing it, not a day should pass without letting him know loud and clear that we really want it, instead of bitching about i.e. merchandise or setlists. And I'm no saint when it comes to that type of bitching either. But that one more album? I would love to hear it and see it happening. Being fully aware of the doubts and risks he might face about that, I think it's about time to not just demand but really support the idea. I think every fan does, but lately there's been so much negativity that the overall energy feels strangely off. A little fun is all good, but it shouldn't be on the back of a single person all the time, that's not cool even if its a rockstar it doesn't put me in the position to be mean. Critical yes, but mean is not cool.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

51 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

No offense to anyone, but the amount of sarcasm here is really depressing. 

My post "Taco Bell, Pizza, Beer, TV Shows and his pets" isn't sarcasm 

"Alfie Bones:: Jarmo, do you know the reason behind the name Dexter? Is he a fan of the show (on Showtime)? Just curious...No need to reply if the reason is deemed private/personal.

Pine Barrens:: Could be because of the guy from The Offspring, too... but I'd rather it be the TV show.

Axl: The show and my cat named after the show, she's a methodical killer."

And Melissa calling him junk food advisor.

You can tell it's all kinda jokes and sarcasm but..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, adamsapple said:

No offense to anyone, but the amount of sarcasm here is really depressing. I'm not a fan of how TB handles things and all either, but that doesn't take away from my appreciation of the music and my respect for the art. Think for a second you were him and reading this - with hardcore fans like this I wouldn't be too inspired to release anything new either and rather stick to the casuals as well. As much as I admire the music, I wouldn't want to walk in his shoes for only a mile. And I applaude him that he keeps going after all he's been through on the creative side and whatever else we might have no clue about. Maybe it's just a stupid naive feeling but something tells me it's about time to show some love again and be bigger than the shit one could often rightfully complain about. We can hate and bash all we want, but what would that charge the overall energy with? Nothing. At the end of the day I think we must be louder than TB, in like supportive, faithful, loyal and also direct, honest and clear. And perhaps a little more respectful? Again, no offense, just some thoughts crossing my mind tonight.

I admire that man so damn much, and we're all serious fans otherwise we wouldn't be here. But it's just so fuckin' frustrating for hardcore fans to continue following this band when we're given no rational reason to stay emotionally invested at all. It's much better to laugh than cry.

With the exception of unofficial leaks, there has been nothing to get excited about since 2011. Yes, 2016 was obviously a big year, but the novelty of the reunion died off pretty quickly when it became obvious there was still nothing new on the horizon. 

55 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

If there is one more album in him and he feels like sharing it, not a day should pass without letting him know loud and clear that we really want it

We've literally been doing that for the last decade.

Edited by Azifwekare
  • Like 2