What is Axl up to these days?

7 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

The point is Axl made it known over a year ago he wasn't going to be signing autographs due to ebayers. 

You expected him to pinpoint out 1 person in a likely group of 100's or 1000's and sign an autograph. 

The point is you are arguing something completely different than I am and on top of that, your information is incorrect.

Axl usually says many grandiose things later he doesn't live up to them. He never stood by what he said in 2016. There is PLENTY of proof around (from pictures to videos) of Axl signing stuff and taking photos with fans.

The notion of 100!!! 😂 or 1000!!! :lol: eBayers around Axl and only one real fan that you are presenting here shows me that you are pretty clueless with what you are defending. You have obviously not been following the tour and its sideshow.

Coming out of a long show where you just want to leave and being bombarded where things are being shoved in your face to sign by mostly people trying to profit is ridiculous. He doesn't have to sign anything. These artists are familiar with the ebayers and what many of them look like. I'm not gonna sit here and explain how easy it would be to recognize some of them but asking them a question or two sometimes makes it easy or the fact they are recording you signing or taking a picture of you signing as proof of signature is another.They've called some out before even. I believe theres even videos around of Axl calling some out or where he is believed to be.  He likely saw them there and decided to just not sign.

Once again you don't know what you are talking about. You assume so much it is almost fun to see you making up scenarios that never happened.

To begin with, there were never HUNDREDS of fans shoving stuff on Axl's face all the time. He is not the Justin Bieber you think he is 😂. The only place where there was a considerate amount of fans was last year in Bologna and most of them were really real fans who waited at the hotel entrance for hours. And all the contrary to what you are saying (because you are not well informed), he did sign stuff and took photos with many of them.

Most fans have cellphone cameras and are constantly filming everything, so what you are saying is not a trusted method to distinguish a real fan from an eBayer.

Not to mention that Europe is the continent where he signed the most autographs and took most photos with fans. Do you really believe an eBayer has the money to be hitting every European city GN'R played so they can get Axl's autograph to sell? 😂 

Nope, there is no way he is "familiar" with eBayers faces. If you'd stop to think, being an eBayer for autographs is not something hundred or thousands of people can do. First, you have to live in a big metropolis and second, that metropolis has to be a place visited by or a residence for lots of celebrities and famous people, otherwise, your business would be a failure and the probabilities of making a living out of it would be really low.

You act like this one person was the only person there and that there wasn't a bunch of people as per usual.

Either way he said he wasnt signing them prior to this. Fans were put on notice and he apologized. 

No, you act like Axl Rose is pestered by thousands of eBayers everytime he gets out of a car. Most people who come close to him are FANS and the eBayers are just a handful on a lucky day.

Either way he said he wasn't signing them but then he went out and signed much more than he warned against.

Either way in 2014 he said he had three albums full of new music ready to come out and so far I'm just listening to the crickets in a lonely night 😂

15 hours ago, killuridols said:

The point is you are arguing something completely different than I am and on top of that, your information is incorrect.

Axl usually says many grandiose things later he doesn't live up to them. He never stood by what he said in 2016. There is PLENTY of proof around (from pictures to videos) of Axl signing stuff and taking photos with fans.

The notion of 100!!! 😂 or 1000!!! :lol: eBayers around Axl and only one real fan that you are presenting here shows me that you are pretty clueless with what you are defending. You have obviously not been following the tour and its sideshow.

Once again you don't know what you are talking about. You assume so much it is almost fun to see you making up scenarios that never happened.

To begin with, there were never HUNDREDS of fans shoving stuff on Axl's face all the time. He is not the Justin Bieber you think he is 😂. The only place where there was a considerate amount of fans was last year in Bologna and most of them were really real fans who waited at the hotel entrance for hours. And all the contrary to what you are saying (because you are not well informed), he did sign stuff and took photos with many of them.

Most fans have cellphone cameras and are constantly filming everything, so what you are saying is not a trusted method to distinguish a real fan from an eBayer.

Not to mention that Europe is the continent where he signed the most autographs and took most photos with fans. Do you really believe an eBayer has the money to be hitting every European city GN'R played so they can get Axl's autograph to sell? 😂 

Nope, there is no way he is "familiar" with eBayers faces. If you'd stop to think, being an eBayer for autographs is not something hundred or thousands of people can do. First, you have to live in a big metropolis and second, that metropolis has to be a place visited by or a residence for lots of celebrities and famous people, otherwise, your business would be a failure and the probabilities of making a living out of it would be really low.

No, you act like Axl Rose is pestered by thousands of eBayers everytime he gets out of a car. Most people who come close to him are FANS and the eBayers are just a handful on a lucky day.

Either way he said he wasn't signing them but then he went out and signed much more than he warned against.

Either way in 2014 he said he had three albums full of new music ready to come out and so far I'm just listening to the crickets in a lonely night 😂

Don't put words in my mouth I didn't say.

There are a lot of people waiting outside places like that. I've seen it. I also used the example of about twenty people getting an autograph in the few moments he may be signing it may be less even. Out of those 20 which isn't 100's or 1000's of ebayers it's likely many of them are just gonna sale the stuff on ebay.

In fact I stood next to a couple pushy ebayers to get a lithograph. They compared prices they could get for it online.

I've never been one to ask for autographs from famous people.

Every Country has ebayers.

Who cares if he says many grandiose things. He isn't obligated to sign any autographs on any given day. It's not disrespect in my eyes. You seem to dislike anything he does or says anyway.

I don't know why I responded to you sometimes it's hard to conversate with you anyway on some things. Other times you make good points. 

I closed my comment off in a respectful manner yet you chose to continue saying I don't know what I'm talking about or claiming the same thing I already said as if I didn't say it. Now you put words in my mouth about 1000's of ebayers. Get it straight please. I said there could he 100's or 1000's of people not ebayers. 

So once again. I said he has signed some at times and others not. I hope this time that is clear for you.

This will be the last comment from me on this matter. You can continue to talk with yourself and twist words and disagree with what I say all you want. I have no time for people who twist words and know it all.Perhaps we'll have better luck on another subject. We don't  agree on this one and you don't seem to like those who disagree just as I don't like my words being twisted. Touche

Edited by BOSSY78
Autocorrect sucks

On a side note, I’m very surprised TB hasn’t actually exploited the “signed” merch idea. 

I mean, $1000 for a box set with nothing of note, you’d have to be looking at a small mortgage for a guns n aliens signed bandanna? 😜

• Like 1

Just now, Tadsy said:

On a side note, I’m very surprised TB hasn’t actually exploited the “signed” merch idea. 

I mean, $1000 for a box set with nothing of note, you’d have to be looking at a small mortgage for a guns n aliens signed bandanna? 😜

Buckethead has put individual recordings in some of the limited editions from his albums. That was pretty cool.

• Like 1

On August 14, 2018 at 2:21 PM, killuridols said:

Yeah, he has worked a lot with transmedia, storytelling, fandoms and fan fiction.

Here is his website, if you go to the Archives section, you will find all of his articles since he started writing a blog, back in 2006 (if I'm not mistaken)

http://henryjenkins.org/

My thesis is about how one of the major digital platforms of the world is basically an artifact built by different social groups who give it a symbolic meaning and how this artifact is potentially a conflictive arena where there's a ongoing battle between different forms of power (the platform and its users). The tensions in this arena of conflict are mostly political, social, cultural and economical.

:lol:

I think he was in Iceland with Beta, Vanesa and her family for some extended vacations after the tour.

They all went back two days ago.

Your thesis sounds really interesting! A useful and engaging thesis? Ive never seen anything like it before :lol:. How far into the work are you?

Id glossed over a front sheet of something by Jenkins before my initial response and he is definitely someone Id like to read more from - Thanks for this link!

Sounds like a nice vacation. Do they all live together at Axls house, too?

6 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

Now you put words in my mouth about 1000's of ebayers. Get it straight please. I said there could he 100's or 1000's of people not ebayers. 

No, madam. I don't need to twist anyone words because you twist and contradict yourself all on your own :lol:

You said that I was expecting (me? why?) for Axl to pinpoint out 1 person (I guess you mean the real fan) in a likely group of 100's or 1000's (yes, you really hyperbolize that way) to sign the autograph.

And later on you say this: "Coming out of a long show where you just want to leave and being bombarded where things are being shoved in your face to sign by mostly people trying to profit is ridiculous."

It is pretty clear that in your imaginary, most of the people who come close to Axl for autographs are eBayers and not real fans and you consider that since it is really hard for Axl to pick the one real fan among a horde of eBayers, then he shouldn't sign anyone.

6 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

Out of those 20 which isn't 100's or 1000's of ebayers it's likely many of them are just gonna sale the stuff on ebay

This is just another of your assumptions based on prejudice. You don't have proof of any of this.

3 hours ago, Lio said:

Oh, thanks for educating me. I truly had no idea most eBay signature hunters were black. I can't see what their race is on eBay. Of all the people I've seen waiting outside hotels or by venues, I haven't seen any black people either. But maybe Europe isn't that much into autograph hunters? Not sure.

The guy buying up lithos in Gothenburg with 5000 SEK was not black though. Pretty sure he wasn't poor either. But I know you feel safer with just generalizing things, so whatever floats your boat.

The autograph hunter and the Litho buyer are two different entities. The lithograph person is usually a real fan who is seeking for profit out of their investment  in expensive memorabilia.

How do you think a litho buyer could make a living out of a few shows they can attend to? Lithographs are not like autographs. They are on a higher scale in all senses. In order to get them, first you need to pay a ticket (unless the shop is outside the venue) and then you have to invest quite some money to buy them.

The autograph hunter is not a fan of anyone in particular, they just seek for an autograph of any celebrity they can run into. In order to run into a considerate amount of celebrities you need to live in a Metropoli where those celebrities can be found. 

I was not making a generalization because since the beginning of this discussion my point has been about the autographs, not the lithographs. You brought up that subject and now you are mixing it with the autograph hunters in a poor attempt to counterattack me.

31 minutes ago, soon said:

Your thesis sounds really interesting! A useful and engaging thesis? Ive never seen anything like it before :lol:. How far into the work are you?

Id glossed over a front sheet of something by Jenkins before my initial response and he is definitely someone Id like to read more from - Thanks for this link!

Sounds like a nice vacation. Do they all live together at Axls house, too?

Lol, I don't know.... I am supposed to contribute to Academia with new knowledge but it's not easy to produce new knowledge. The good thing is this object of study has not been under decades of observation so the chances of coming up with new stuff are a little bit higher.

I am still in a research period where I have to back up my fucking hypothesis with proof of what I am saying and place it in a theoretical frame that satisfies the curricula of the university, which is another drag sometimes :drool:.... I'm going slow because I also have a job and a life to take care of....

No, I think only Beta lives with Axl in a separate house inside the mansion. Vanesa and her husband live in a different house, they have one child and are now expecting a second one. Fernando also lives in a different place with his wife and child.

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Lol, I don't know.... I am supposed to contribute to Academia with new knowledge but it's not easy to produce new knowledge. The good thing is this object of study has not been under decades of observation so the chances of coming up with new stuff are a little bit higher.

I am still in a research period where I have to back up my fucking hypothesis with proof of what I am saying and place it in a theoretical frame that satisfies the curricula of the university, which is another drag sometimes :drool:.... I'm going slow because I also have a job and a life to take care of....

No, I think only Beta lives with Axl in a separate house inside the mansion. Vanesa and her husband live in a different house, they have one child and are now expecting a second one. Fernando also lives in a different place with his wife and child.

It certainly does improve the chances of producing new thought! It really does sound like an exciting area to study - even if you are in the boring stages. Hope the next stage arrives soon!

I suspect that a lot of people working on thesis' contribute more to message boards than academia, so dont worry about that :lol: j/k. One of a handful of people I know who finished a Masters in 2 years did the following: They recorded 11 flute improvisations and then dissected them. She was proud to finish in that time period, but I gotta admit that it made perfect sense to me :lol:

One day those babies will manage Guns N' Roses

51 minutes ago, soon said:

I suspect that a lot of people working on thesis' contribute more to message boards than academia, so dont worry about that :lol: j/k. One of a handful of people I know who finished a Masters in 2 years did the following: They recorded 11 flute improvisations and then dissected them. She was proud to finish in that time period, but I gotta admit that it made perfect sense to me :lol:

One day those babies will manage Guns N' Roses

Being here helps me exercise my writing in English and improve my English in general, as it is required that I am able to research material in other language that is not just Spanish.

LOL Vanesa's first daughter seems like someone who will follow Axl's steps. Sometimes I imagine what they are going to be like in 15 years and what's gonna be of this band and myself :nervous:

• GNFNR 1