What is Axl up to these days?

5 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

The elephant is more visible in the interview he did with Duff and just becomes more obvious in direct comparism to the china exchange interview.

Yes. I agree. He looks medicated in that interview with Duff. I don't know if he was diagnosed with some sort of mental issue (we don't know much about him, anyway) but I hope he is in a good place now.

Just now, Sisyphus said:

Nor did I say so... my ass. Stop with this self-righteous voice of reason charade, you've been doing it for over a decade. You ought to be bored of yourself by now. You don't know how much Axl makes on royalties. You're just a fanboy, so drop the pretense.

You brought up Slash and Duff as an example where we should give praise to Axl. You followed that with a statement that Slash and Duff being back in the band was something fans wanted for years implying Axl granted their wish. He did not. 

We don't know that Axl must be having a hefty income from royalties of the back catalogue of GN'R enough to sustain a decent living? Err….

Yes, those who wanted Slash and Duff back in the band (not me, btw) should praise Axl for that happening, because he did it and it happened. Sure, it was likely mostly because he wanted the larger revenues that followed with such a semi-reunion, but following that logic we can never praise commercial artists for doing anything where they benefit finacially. If so, we can never praise a band for releasing music, touring, or doing anything else we are likely to praise other bands for. 

17 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

If AC/DC reforms with Brian and Axl's second-job goes away, I wonder if he'll be tempted to reform NewGNR while Slash goes off to do his solo thing

A weekly piano jam on YouTube, singing lessons, philosophical essays, joining Led Zeppelin or doing space jazz with Buckethead - all is fine with me as long as he doesn't go back into full on hermit mode artistically.

37 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Yes. I agree. He looks medicated in that interview with Duff. I don't know if he was diagnosed with some sort of mental issue (we don't know much about him, anyway) but I hope he is in a good place now.

I don't know what I find more disgusting, the star strucked interviewer, management letting him do one of his unicorn level rare video taped interviews in a state like that or zombie Duff just sitting there smiling and laughing it all away. I have no idea if he was on or off anything or not, but aside from him being able to still switch on and get thought it somehow he was clearly not in a presentable state to videotape an interview. If GNR was my client I'd have renovated the brains of everyone involved with a bulldozer right then and there.

• Like 1

Whether it's medication or brazilian brainwashing, Axl's state of mind has been far from productive for the better part of two decades.  It's why morale can't be anything but low for both the band and the fans alike.

Wish 90's Axl had Twitter at his disposal, that would have been great entertainment compared to the bullshit he currently uses it for.

23 hours ago, adamsapple said:

No offense to anyone, but the amount of sarcasm here is really depressing. I'm not a fan of how TB handles things and all either, but that doesn't take away from my appreciation of the music and my respect for the art. Think for a second you were him and reading this - with hardcore fans like this I wouldn't be too inspired to release anything new either and rather stick to the casuals as well. As much as I admire the music, I wouldn't want to walk in his shoes for only a mile. And I applaude him that he keeps going after all he's been through on the creative side and whatever else we might have no clue about. Maybe it's just a stupid naive feeling but something tells me it's about time to show some love again and be bigger than the shit one could often rightfully complain about. We can hate and bash all we want, but what would that charge the overall energy with? Nothing. At the end of the day I think we must be louder than TB, in like supportive, faithful, loyal and also direct, honest and clear. And perhaps a little more respectful? Again, no offense, just some thoughts crossing my mind tonight.

Damn. Perfect articulation of how I feel. Thank you.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

I admire that man so damn much, and we're all serious fans otherwise we wouldn't be here. But it's just so fuckin' frustrating for hardcore fans to continue following this band when we're given no rational reason to stay emotionally invested at all. It's much better to laugh than cry.

With the exception of unofficial leaks, there has been nothing to get excited about since 2011. Yes, 2016 was obviously a big year, but the novelty of the reunion died off pretty quickly when it became obvious there was still nothing new on the horizon. 

We've literally been doing that for the last decade.

the poor attitudes, narcissistic tone and infectious negativity of this "hardcore fan site" seems like plenty of reason for axl to keep to himself lol

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, ramsey said:

the poor attitudes, narcissistic tone and infectious negativity of this "hardcore fan site" seems like plenty of reason for axl to keep to himself lol

For the record, we (the mods and Admins) don't really have a wish for Axl to return to the site. 

Having said that, the "poor attitudes" of this site are a reflection of how the fans feel they've been treated by GNR. 

The "narsissistic tone and infectious negativity" are more of an eye of the beholder situation. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

my guess is he is reading this message board out loud to a bunch of supermodels in between rounds of a 13 way (14 if you count the ferret) and getting so upset he starts throwing the girls out of the gnrair plane they are on.   lucky the plane is parked on the ground and no-one from TB has had the balls to tell him that the airport in every major city  DOESN'T actually look exactly like his back yard.

Edited by Chester 524
  • Like 1

After coming off the 4th biggest tour of all time, where he can barely go sight seeing, spends most of his time ushered by security and cooked up in hotel rooms, he's probably as far away from Guns N Roses fans as he can get, enjoying peace & quiet and going where he isn't bothered.

1 minute ago, Axl_morris said:

After coming off the 4th biggest tour of all time, where he can barely go sight seeing, spends most of his time ushered by security and cooked up in hotel rooms, he's probably as far away from Guns N Roses fans as he can get, enjoying peace & quiet and going where he isn't bothered.

could be having a few beers with tom jones like his last London trip. or a cup of tea with len cnut

• Haha 1

On 8/9/2018 at 4:19 PM, adamsapple said:

With Slash touring behind his new album and Brian going back to AC/DC, I wonder what's the meantime/next project for Axl? Perhaps he's just taking some rest now, but maybe all the touring and playing with old band members also inspired him? Do you think he's working on some new music? I just hope he doesn't fall into an aftermath abyss of sorts with more downtime and fewer public performances to do now. Hey Axl if you read this I hope all is well! I would love to hear some new music from you!

Well, Guns N' Roses are going back on the road for some shows in November. 

I say, let the man have a few weeks to recharge. He knows Slash has a commitment with the Conspirators, so let's just imagine Axl is tinkering with song lyrics, and working on some melodies on the piano. And, who knows if there's already been some new stuff recorded? Maybe we'll get a surprise in the fall. I don't believe Axl is going to allow this momentum the band's built up over the last two years to just fade away. He's fully aware of the demand for new Guns music.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

If AC/DC reforms with Brian and Axl's second-job goes away, I wonder if he'll be tempted to reform NewGNR while Slash goes off to do his solo thing

Absolutely no way.

The reunion tour was as big as it was because Slash and Duff (but especially Slash) were back in the band. A Guns N' Roses lineup without those two guys (but especially Slash) will go nowhere fast. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Absolutely no way.

The reunion tour was as big as it was because Slash and Duff (but especially Slash) were back in the band. A Guns N' Roses lineup without those two guys (but especially Slash) will go nowhere fast. 

It would be nowhere near the same level of draw