What is Axl up to these days?

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

For the record, we (the mods and Admins) don't really have a wish for Axl to return to the site. 

Having said that, the "poor attitudes" of this site are a reflection of how the fans feel they've been treated by GNR. 

The "narsissistic tone and infectious negativity" are more of an eye of the beholder situation. 

Isn't the "how the fans feel they've been treated by GNR" a sense of entitlement by those fans?? If you think or feel that you've been mistreated somehow  then why are you a fan? I'm not pointing it as you. I'm just saying in general.  If I felt that way, I wouldn't even bother being a fan. I would listen to something else or do another activity.

At some point, people need to take ownership of their thoughts and feelings.  GNR doesn't owe you anything as a fan and vice versa. 

GNR is a band that I have listened for 31 years now. I'll probably enjoy them for the rest of my life. I may not always agree with things, especially with the NU-GNR era, but I never felt owed.   Maybe some people need to think about this and just enjoy them. They won't be around forever. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Isn't the "how the fans feel they've been treated by GNR" a sense of entitlement by those fans?? If you think or feel that you've been mistreated somehow  then why are you a fan? I'm not pointing it as you. I'm just saying in general.  If I felt that way, I wouldn't even bother being a fan. I would listen to something else or do another activity.

At some point, people need to take ownership of their thoughts and feelings.  GNR doesn't owe you anything as a fan and vice versa. 

GNR is a band that I have listened for 31 years now. I'll probably enjoy them for the rest of my life. I may not always agree with things, especially with the NU-GNR era, but I never felt owed.   Maybe some people need to think about this and just enjoy them. They won't be around forever. 

No one feels they're "owed" anything. Owing your fans and treating them with any level of decency are two totally different things. 

27 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Why is that?

Because it ends up being a shit show. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

For the record, we (the mods and Admins) don't really have a wish for Axl to return to the site.

No offense, but are you speaking for all the mods and @downzy with that statement? The last few times he came around the forum was hilarious and informative. If he wanted to return, you make it sound like the mods wouldn’t accommodate such a thing. Weird.

Edited by GNR 1991
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Oh gawd, here we go again. ''Axl doesn't owe you anything'' - we understand by now!!! 

I don't think certain fans gets it. Sometimes the comments are really laughable. I'm also looking at the comments for the  fan forum regarding the NY Giants. The Giants lost their first preseason game. Some of the comments are so outrageous that it can be compared to some comments here.  

2 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Or Diesel Daisy...:lol:

2 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Or Diesel Daisy...:lol:

only if mr daisy and mr cnut are asking uncle Ax to sign their newly purchased locked n loaded boxes...........which i'm sure they both have. 

27 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I wonder if Rose has to continue touring in order to afford the Locked N' Loaded boxset?

i think he might have it. scraping the money together to buy a B/W band photo for £240 may be a different matter though. if you are a true fan you would buy it for him. 

I'm a fan because i like the music...duh.

People are asking for some common courtesy instead of contempt. Stop treating the fans like the enemy. We just bank rolled them to the tune of 480m to see Axl's out of shape ass mickey his way through 30 year old songs. Don't have your "manager" go on twitter with his nose in the air talking about how laughable and clueless fans are....then want us to buy a $1000 boxset of bullshit.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Having said that, the "poor attitudes" of this site are a reflection of how the fans feel they've been treated by GNR. 

The "narsissistic tone and infectious negativity" are more of an eye of the beholder situation. 

Would be awesome if Axl did return but it needs to be done right.

Not have people stir shit with him and give him attitude so he leaves. 

Might be better to have it structured with a proper q and a.

Have a thread thats people can ask questions then the mods go through and give axl the top say 20 questions to answer. Cull all the negative bullshit and complainers and give him honest questions most people would like him to answer. 

Let him publish his answers in a locked thread. 

• Like 1