What is Axl up to these days?

9 minutes ago, downzy said:

A reprise of the "Madison Incident" is something we'd like to avoid at all costs.  

If he goes against a female fan like that ever again, in this moment we are living, it would cost him all the effort he's invested in rebuilding his reputation since 2016.

• Like 1

I got a book of crosswords at the station. The cryptic ones. Impossible. Maybe Axl is working on a cryptic crossword. 

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Nah, he's been saying that since he realized there are people who get his autograph just to sell it on Ebay :lol:

I’ve got a range of Biros. Only used once but still. 

4 hours ago, ramsey said:

Hardly mistreatment. If you're following any rocker around, forcing his staff/family into conversation to coerce your way into an autograph or picture...being ignored or met with skepticism due to the widespread and real eBay issue...? Don't be surprised. Dude is on an insane schedule. Let him live and tour in peace so we can all enjoy 👍

There's a couple who are acquaintances of mine. They go up to any celebrity, wrestler, or anyone famous and get a picture with them. They managed to get one with Axl. I had heard through mutual friends that celebrities knows this couple by name and tries to  avoid them whenever possible nowadays. 

• Confused 1

As for autographs mentioned above, you can sign hundreds a day but the one you didn't sign is the one that's being talked about for ages. Comes with the territory and hardly qualifies as mistreatment of fans. At airports there's usually extremely annoying people hanging around just waiting to ruin the day of anyone remotely famous with stupid provocation, recording every step you take on their cell phone or rubbing hundreds of cheap and unrelated guitar pickguards in your face for them to sell on Ebay. Those people are not fans and it's hard to tell when you're on the go and your mind is in a general annoyed and avoidance mode.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Those people are not fans and it's hard to tell when you're on the go and your mind is in a general annoyed and avoidance mode.

For the sake of common sense, education and good manners, if you do not have proof that the people waiting for you are fans or "ebayers", just shut the fuck up and keep walking.

Saying such mean words to people who are waiting for you is being an asshole.

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

For the sake of common sense, education and good manners, if you do not have proof that the people waiting for you are fans or "ebayers", just shut the fuck up and keep walking.

Saying such mean words to people who are waiting for you is being an asshole.

At the same time, you got to understand that for them this is a job. I'm sure that it gets on their nerves when they have bad days. I know that my acquaintances are not "Ebayers", but they probably do annoy the heck out of the celebrities who don't want to be bothered sometimes. 

Working for a financial news company and being in NYC, I've  seen celebrities.  Once I walked side by side with Angelina Jolie at the office. Another time I was walking to the Port Authority Bus Terminal and I saw Rod Stewart taking a break and smoking a cigarette by himself at Rockefeller Center. Neither times did I ask for an autograph nor pictures. I kinda figured that they just wanted to do their thing and leave them be. The only time that I got a picture with a celebrity was with Jon Bon Jovi. He  was at my job for a charity event. Since the charity event was also a meet and greet for employees with Jon, there was a photographer there.

Speaking of Jon Bon Jovi, there's a video out there of him at a wedding. A woman was doing Living on a Prayer  for karaoke at the wedding. She pulls Jon by the arm to come up and sing with her. You can tell by his facial expression that he was annoyed and didn't want to sing. He did so anyway, but it was obvious that he just didn't want to do it. 

I think people need to be more cognizant as to how celebrities may or may not want to be bothered sometimes. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I think people need to be more cognizant as to how celebrities may or may not want to be bothered sometimes. 

This got nothing to do with what I'm discussing.

I'm not saying celebrities don't have a right to their privacy or that people (fans) are not annoying, but what is the need to spit such comments towards people?
If you don't want to sign stuff, just don't!... Keep walking and cover yourself behind your sunglasses. Ignore everybody and move on.

By saying that shit, you are misjudging the majority of your fans and making them feel bad for being fans. But OH, no, when you are trying to sell them a 1000 bucks box (full of dog shit), suddenly you remember they are fans, right? At that moment, they are not sucky ebayers, right?

Such arrogance by some celebrities can only come back as a boomerang and hit them hard on their faces.

19 hours ago, killuridols said:

"Beta, I have already met you twice in Lisbon, first time was at the shopping mall and second time at the hotel, do you remember me? I attended the Barcelona show a month ago (golden vip) and I was at the airport the day of your departure. Axl got out of the car (you were inside) and he said: 'Ebayers suck'.

I just wanted to tell you that I was there and I am a real fan, not an autograph merchant. I was deeply hurt by that. Kisses for you."

Reading this story, it seems unclear whether Axl said "ebayers suck" as an insult ("you're an ebayer and you suck") or whether it was a general statement to let fans know why he wasn't signing autographs. It could be the latter and the fan took it the wrong way as a personal insult.

19 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Reading this story, it seems unclear whether Axl said "ebayers suck" as an insult ("you're an ebayer and you suck") or whether it was a general statement to let fans know why he wasn't signing autographs. It could be the latter and the fan took it the wrong way as a personal insult.

What I understand from it is that Axl got out of the car, told everybody who were there "eBayers suck" and left without signing anyone. I think she took it as a general comment but since she is a real fan, she felt it was unfair to be called that because she is no autograph merchant, as her last line says.

This is why I think what he does is mistreatment of the fans in saying those things, you can never be 100% sure who is an ebayer and who is not, so for the sake of being educated, polite and with minimum respect to your fans, just don't say those things. If you're not in the mood for signing stuff, don't do it, but shut the fuck up!

Well whatever did or didn't happen I will say why would anyone buy an autograph and/or autographed item?  I mean unless you actually get the item signed in person or get a personalized autograph what's the point?  I've met a few celebs (Magic Johnson in his prime....Jon Bon Jovi....) and never asked or wanted an autograph.  Just shook hands and verbally/literally patted them on back and went on my way.  Both were great by the way. 

16 hours ago, killuridols said:

What I understand from it is that Axl got out of the car, told everybody who were there "eBayers suck" and left without signing anyone. I think she took it as a general comment but since she is a real fan, she felt it was unfair to be called that because she is no autograph merchant, as her last line says.

This is why I think what he does is mistreatment of the fans in saying those things, you can never be 100% sure who is an ebayer and who is not, so for the sake of being educated, polite and with minimum respect to your fans, just don't say those things. If you're not in the mood for signing stuff, don't do it, but shut the fuck up!

Or was this around the time he announced he wouldn't be signing autographs due to ebayers and he was just reiterating once again that ebayers suck so they knew why?

I believe he even posted the no autographs on his twitter.

I dont get whats so offensive about singing an autograph that contributes to someones livelihood as opposed to one thats just for a keep sake? Its almost as if the artists sees being profited-from as something that is beneath them. But of course those same artists profit from the fans for their own livelihood. So I guess they are above their fans in the cast system as demarcated by who can profit of others and who cant?

As if making an income by selling cheap trinkets and GNAIR passports is legit and making a living by selling singed posters isn't?

• GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, soon said:

I dont get whats so offensive about singing an autograph that contributes to someones livelihood as opposed to one thats just for a keep sake? Its almost as if the artists sees being profited-from as something that is beneath them. But of course those same artists profit from the fans for their own livelihood. So I guess they are above their fans in the cast system as demarcated by who can profit of others and who cant?

As if making an income by selling cheap trinkets and GNAIR passports is legit and making a living by selling singed posters isn't?

I've never cared about having anyone's autograph (and I've never asked for one). But I guess autographs are seen as something "personal" between the artist and the fan that is given for free. Now when artists charge for meet and greets where they sign autographs (like Metallica in the list I posted above), things change.

20 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I've never cared about having anyone's autograph (and I've never asked for one). But I guess autographs are seen as something "personal" between the artist and the fan that is given for free. Now when artists charge for meet and greets where they sign autographs (like Metallica in the list I posted above), things change.

Im not into autographs either, although I did get John Scofield to sign an album once and he was a jerk about it. I think for some artists the "personal" connection could be meaningful but George Lucas disrespects Ebayers and tries to school them on pulling themselves up by there boot straps. On a number of occasions he's told autograph seekers to "get a job." Apparently he doesnt understand that it is there job. He seems to feel that he's enabling "beggars." It strikes me as very elitists and punitive even.