New Slash interviews (The Times, Classic Rock)

Thank you @Blackstar

Great article. 

When you read that Rose' biological father was murdered and his stepfather was a violent individual...you cannot help to think why he is the way he is.

Interesting, he was trying to promote SMKC but the article was basically about GNR and his relation with Axl. I guess it will be that way, you cannot ignore the big elephant in the room.

• Like 2

Slash is nostalgic for the early years when the five members [with Izzy Stradlin, the rhythm guitarist] of Guns N’ Roses led druggy, poverty-stricken lives with no responsibility for anyone but each other. (...) “It was us against them and we were our only support system,” says Slash, looking amused at the memory. “We found a little storage unit with a sliding door that faced an alley and that was our band lodging. We were in a very different place from the LA glam bands like Poison. “We knew we were the best at what we did, even when we were doing the opening set on a Monday night at the Troubadour. We just had the chemistry, and if that happens once in your life, you’re fortunate.”

slash nostalgic?

so maybe there is still a chance for a reunion?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sidman69 said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-guns-n-roses-guitarist-slash-on-30-years-of-hell-raising-m2q9qbkmg

Anybody who can unlock this interview can't read the whole thing because they have a paywall. 

Merged this with a topic someone started on it prior. I think everything you need is in the OP of this thread :)

36 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

He did another interview for the next issue of Classic Rock and he talks more about new music:

https://www.loudersound.com/news/slash-everyone-would-like-to-make-a-new-guns-n-roses-album

“I think everybody thinks it’s a good idea, and everybody would like to do it. There’s no shortage of ideas from everybody involved, but we’ve been so busy on the road there hasn’t really been time to go in and sit down and go, ‘Okay, we’re going to make a record.’”

EDIT: I updated the the title of the thread and added this interview to the OP.

Slash is the new Fortus. Confirmed :lol:

• Haha 1

Huh, thanks to instagram we have oodles of photos of Slash and Duff just sitting around near spreads of food in their separate rooms. They haven't been busy with interviews. They cant just walk around town. Mel is so bored she is left to discuss every piece of candy that she consumes, at length.  So, I do not believe that they have been too busy to discuss an album.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, soon said:

Huh, thanks to instagram we have oodles of photos of Slash and Duff just sitting around near spreads of food in their separate rooms. They haven't been busy with interviews. They cant just walk around town. Mel is so bored she is left to discuss every piece of candy that she consumes, at length.  So, I do not believe that they have been too busy to discuss an album.

well said and unfortunately true

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, soon said:

Actually they did go around town sightseeing while in Europe (Slash and Meegan, Duff and Susan). I don't think they've just been sitting around doing nothing and snacking on catering.

• Like 1