Limulus and unreleased UYI proshots

1 hour ago, WAR41 said:

MSG night 3 in 1991 has both.  It would be incredible to see them.  

Agreed, but I feel like MSG is the weakest performance (save maybe Tokyo) of Locomotive. Nothing even comes close to 4th night in Inglewood or 3rd night in MSG though, in terms of overall set list. 

14 hours ago, Fashionista said:

That would take time, effort and money.
The Rolling Stones have released almost every proshot concert they ever shot on DVD and BluRay. You have literally a dozen DVDs to choose from representing any live era of that band. Even shows that are considered shoddy performances (Hyde Park '69) were released. Or look at the Grateful Dead, who ENCOURAGE bootlegging, trading, and even released fan bootlegs in cleaned up form for official release. The fact that GN'R seem to refuse to wanna offer their fans anywhere the same, which only hurts their wallets and legacy, is sad. I know I would never want to show Tokyo 92 to a new fan to show them how powerful GN'R were live in their prime. It would be sort of embarrassing, actually. But that's all they're willing to give us. That and a half re recorded live record. Meanwhile, hundreds of shows from 85 to the present sit somewhere, rotting away

I don’t know what The Dead are worth monetarily, but it really was a genius plan. Encourage sharing of music, then when everyone’s heard it, you sell them a shirt.

2 hours ago, Waemoth said:

Agreed, but I feel like MSG is the weakest performance (save maybe Tokyo) of Locomotive. Nothing even comes close to 4th night in Inglewood or 3rd night in MSG though, in terms of overall set list. 

Interesting.  In that case I guess I’ve never heard the audience recorded version.  I’ll have to check it out (somehow).

Just now, WAR41 said:

Interesting.  In that case I guess I’ve never heard the audience recorded version.  I’ll have to check it out (somehow).

What version do you mean? 

There are five; Shoreline Amphiteatre 1991-07-19, Great Western Forum 1991-07-30, Great Western Forum 1991-08-03, MSG 1991-12-13 and Tokyo 1992-02-20.

13 minutes ago, Waemoth said:

What version do you mean? 

There are five; Shoreline Amphiteatre 1991-07-19, Great Western Forum 1991-07-30, Great Western Forum 1991-08-03, MSG 1991-12-13 and Tokyo 1992-02-20.

I’ve listened to the MSG and that concert is amazing. But, I’ve also heard the Inglewood show (longest until forum 2017) and all the performances that night are incredible. That Locomotive is godly, and paired with one of my favorite UYI 1 songs (Dead Horse) the two encores blew my fucking socks off.

13 minutes ago, Ninjapie24 said:

I’ve listened to the MSG and that concert is amazing. But, I’ve also heard the Inglewood show (longest until forum 2017) and all the performances that night are incredible. That Locomotive is godly, and paired with one of my favorite UYI 1 songs (Dead Horse) the two encores blew my fucking socks off.

Yeah, whole 1991 was amazing, July and August in particular. Axl sounds incredible in almost every song, and the band simply sounded tighter with Izzy.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I could be wrong but I don't think I've ever this MSG Night 3 being discussed! 

Sounds like it's definitely worth looking into though, for sure. 

Same here. I'm not even going to try looking through youtube anymore...

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I could be wrong but I don't think I've ever this MSG Night 3 being discussed! 

Sounds like it's definitely worth looking into though, for sure. 

2 hours ago, DTV88 said:

Same here. I'm not even going to try looking through youtube anymore...

It's definitely one of my favourites from the UYI tour, pretty sure I have it on an old hard drive. I'll upload it if you guys can't find it. 

edit: found it on the external hard drive, listening to Breakdown now. Great performance, and the back-up singers are a nice addition in the chorus. If anyone wants it just PM me, or quote this and ask. :)

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Thanks 1

Can a brother get a PM with a link to where some 91 SBD or Aud A gigs are?

I have the usual suspects, riot show, nobles vile, that stuff. Much appreciated! 

Would anyone be into posting a hard drive around to each other and copy the contents to your own? I’ve done this on other forums and it works well. 

Have a sign up list, then decide who receives it and in what order based on the cheapest postage costs between each person posting to the next. 

On 8/17/2018 at 2:50 PM, zombux said:

correct, GoE was only played TWICE in history, during two February 1993 shows. and only one of those is circulating as audience audio recording.

similarly rare as Bad Apples, just we were so lucky that we got those as a freaking soundboard from RIR2 :)

Yep, granted the announcer talks all through the song 😑 really I wanna hear back off bitch from Toronto 91 in soundboard along with garden of Eden and some of the rarer Axl songs and intros like One and the Eric Carmen song, can't remember which one it was

While speaking of garden of Eden earlier, anyone think that it could be played today? I think Axls voice wpild fit it today