Chinese Democracy 2- Did anyone ever hear what the tracklist was?

32 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Not a tracklist per se, but all the CD 2/3 song titles confirmed as real:

1 Oh My God
2 Silkworms
3 Going Down
4 Jackie Chan
5 Atlas Shrugged
6 The General
7 Soul Monster / Leave Me Alone / Elvis Presley and The Monster Of Soul
8 Thyme
9 Seven
10 Quick Song
11 Down By The Ocean
12 Berlin / Oklahoma
13 Zodiac
14 Ides Of March
15 Beta's Barn
16 Cuban Skies
17 Monstrosity
18 Light My Fire
19 Tonto
20 Forgotten
21 Broken

Axl mentioned 'Daddy Can The Devil Do Mommy and Me?', but said it was a solo piece, so most likely never considered a part of the CD sessions. 

Don't forget "MotorMouth" :lol:

21 hours ago, GNR 1991 said:

Actually, Beavan is credited with “Initial Production on Bucket solos If the World and Madagascar”. They were later edited, re-amped and re-engineered by Caram.

That’s kind of what CD III was though, mostly Costanzo digital editing, maybe Scraped was recorded with Constanzo. Also a lot of re-recording was done, but it’s hard to say where. 

I make a distinction between song writing and final recording. So it’s combo of both which decides which category it goes into. I feel like Scraped and Sorry are pure CD III in terms of recording but Sorry songwriting wise is early. 

I think somehow Costanzos skills got Shacklers, if the world, Scraped, Sorry. Hence CD III. But maybe RTB got the Twat and Catcher stuff ready. Beavan got Fincks early stuff down pretty well. 

Edited by wasted

10 hours ago, Stoymatic said:

An album with Slash and Duff will outsell one without them every time. Casual fans see "Guns n Roses are back together" and they think all the players are back. Axl can sell on his name alone, but the name "Axl" can't and will never outsell a "reunited GnR"

Speaking of Axl and a solo record...It would have been soooo nice if he could've just used his own name to release records and we would have had plenty more music from him. There would not have been all these corporate types lying and deceiving, trying to get the old band back together which in turn delayed the CD release....Oh what could have been....

The problem is that sales have been declining steadily, so an Axl solo album in 2000 would destroy a reunited GNR album today. Average rock albums sold 4 mil in the early 00s. Today Rock or Bust prob scraped 500k?

I think the key to GNR’s next album is production. We know they write great songs and Axl has a way of getting stuff from everyone to create new interesting songs. But betond sales they need to get that Physical Graphiti production back, something that out reals everything else. In a way it needs to be almost live but recorded. 

It will be solely judged on the record not on decent sales. It has to be as good as the old stuff, maybe better. 

On 13/08/2018 at 2:58 PM, donny said:

scraped probably replaced atlas as it was a shorter song

A few days before release, Lies they Tell came after Shacklers and Prostitute was mid order, Catcher was last and SOD was called Stardust. Not sure who had the wheel of the pirate ship that day. 

Just a couple of questions......From my understanding, Axl still owns the rights to the GnR name, but didn't he sell the rights to the back catalog some years ago??

Secondly, if there is new material, and there are some disputes/negotiations with the current record label as to release....Is there a current contract in place, that says GnR must provide another record to the label, or is there any kind of deal in place at all??? If not, what's stopping Axl from starting an independent label, such as Metallica did, to release new material on "his" or the band's own terms?? I can see if he sold the back catalog, why that would not be possible, but what would prevent future releases, which could also involve any live material as well?

3 minutes ago, donny said:

i dont. his backing vocals on that song are horrendous. he sounds like a smurf. imagine that on lead. 

I thought his backing vocals were class. He's singing an octave higher to compliment Tommy, I'd imagine he'd have sang it in a similar style to Tommy if he ever did record lead vocals.

7 minutes ago, Dean said:

I thought his backing vocals were class. He's singing an octave higher to compliment Tommy, I'd imagine he'd have sang it in a similar style to Tommy if he ever did record lead vocals.

if he sang it like the "this i love" remix it would sound great

19 hours ago, papashaun said:

Just a couple of questions......From my understanding, Axl still owns the rights to the GnR name, but didn't he sell the rights to the back catalog some years ago??

Secondly, if there is new material, and there are some disputes/negotiations with the current record label as to release....Is there a current contract in place, that says GnR must provide another record to the label, or is there any kind of deal in place at all??? If not, what's stopping Axl from starting an independent label, such as Metallica did, to release new material on "his" or the band's own terms?? I can see if he sold the back catalog, why that would not be possible, but what would prevent future releases, which could also involve any live material as well?

Lars and James got their masters from Elektra, and GNR probably have a wait to acquire it because of renegotiations with record labels over the years. Interscope didn't do Axl any favors. 

I think for Axl, putting new music out only to have people stream it for free and a handful of fans are buying it plays into why he's reluctant to have anything new out, but we're also going "covers EP" just to have something new out there. . I also think they're all unsure how things will get in the studio with new music, but we don't know if they've been working on new music in secret (on off days, in soundchecks, or in their home studios), either. 

Axl showing up at Billy Joel concerts, someone who hasn't had a new album since the early 90s, is probably telling Axl not to worry about it, you'll sell arenas and stadiums out off of what you have, but I don't think GNR's home base of LA has the love for GNR that NYC has for Billy to keep playing Staples Center every month. 

• Like 1

I have seen it.

It was from a little before CD was released. Catcher was on there which of course was shuffled onto CD. There were many unheard tracks, most names listed in this thread. There were a few covers, and also reworked CD tracks listed too. More tracks were listed than what can fit on a CD, but not really enough for a double so they were tracks obviously up for consideration, and likely extras for downloadable content or bonus tracks or whatever.

The greatest tease from 2011, from a fellow in Manchester.

Every time I've posted it at other forums, it gets deleted... Maybe something to it, though the ship has sailed and we have all the remixes...

photovhz.jpg

Edited by kever20

8 hours ago, kever20 said:

The greatest tease from 2011, from a fellow in Manchester.

Every time I've posted it at other forums, it gets deleted... Maybe something to it, though the ship has sailed and we have all the remixes...

photovhz.jpg

Where have you posted it and it got removed? I'm just curious. That's really odd and we've head a million discussions on it here, so I'm curious who would attempt to censor it. 

5 hours ago, ZODIAC said:

I always thought this Screenshot was from MSL... Anybody remebers the cuban skies, etc incident? 

You're right as far as I can remember. 

10 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

How good can those songs like Atlas Shrugged really be if they were left off CD when Axl went through the tracklist and decided to keep songs like Scraped instead of them?

Saving the best until last. It's no good (supposedly) having a trilogy of albums that progressively get worse because you spaffed all the good tracks on the first go

5 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

Saving the best until last. It's no good (supposedly) having a trilogy of albums that progressively get worse because you spaffed all the good tracks on the first go

But as we've established that's not the reason he pulled it, it was pulled because of the runtime of the CD, there were too many songs. So out of all songs on CD he ended up taking off Atlas and keep Scraped and Rhiad, lol.

10 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

But as we've established that's not the reason he pulled it, it was pulled because of the runtime of the CD, there were too many songs. So out of all songs on CD he ended up taking off Atlas and keep Scraped and Rhiad, lol.

Not a fan of Scraped (bits of it are OK) but Rhiad is probably my favourite song of CD!!!

7 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Exactly, so (in theory) each album should top the one that came before it. 

For the record, Scraped and Riad are better than Street of Dreams and Madagascar (the two weakest tracks).

On 8/14/2018 at 12:03 AM, GNR 1991 said:

Have not seen you on the forum in years. Welcome back. You were considered an insider back in the CD era and if I’m not mistaken helped fans with Hammerstein pre-sales and confirmed Shacklers for Rock Band 2 before anyone else.

Good to have you back!

On 8/14/2018 at 12:01 AM, Lies They Tell said:

Cause CD didn't have enough ballads?

I get your point, but I also understand why they wanted to include some faster tempo songs on the album.

Congratulations! you hit the nail on the head! 

Everybody is whining about that the lefover songs couldn`t be any good because they didnt make it to Chinese. That s not how an album works! It has to have a certain flow and maybe they didnt fit for whatever reasons - doesnt mean anything about quality.