Oh my God deserves way more appreciation

8 minutes ago, marunic said:

This song top-down is brilliant; the changes, the guitars, Axl's vocals, bass

I agree. I feel this song is underrated in some way and I would like to see how it would have ended in a actual album. Also, I hope this song is featured in a new GNR album if there is one in the making.

It deserves a better mix. I've never been a huge fan of OMG but listening just now, I liked it more then ever before. I also enjoy the newer version.

The mix on the official release has surprising parallels with UYI in that the girth of the hard rock power is sacrificed in the mix to leave room for 'sound effects' and Axl Rose-isms. The guitars and bass are limited in frequency along with a lot of the instruments. I really like the guitar part in the verses and while I'd go for the guitar being mixed somewhat as it is, Id like a bit more presence.

On the final mix of CD, to my ears, they revert back to something a bit more like a SFTD sound. Hmm, even including 2 lead guitars.

• Like 1

cool tune. always liked it and the movie was so shitty it was nice to at least hear the song in the credits. I didn't know at the time guns did a song for the movie. I almost consider it a part of the album. would have been cool if there were more tunes in that style on the album.

Agree with the comments about the mix, it is pretty shit. The guitar tones and like a swarm of bees fighting a packet of razor blades in a tin can. And the vocal treatment is not good, but it has venom and is a perfect slice of paranoid Axl at his batshit best. CD could have done with a few more like this, but with better mixes and production.

I remember when it finally came out on Apple Music in the US and thought for sure it would come to Canada, unfortunately years have passed and it still not available on Canada Apple Music. I did buy the End of days soundtrack when it first got released 

Funnily enough I put this on my iPhone last night to listen to it today as it’s not on Apple Music etc.

I have always liked this tune and effectively bought the soundtrack on release just for that song (so about £15 for one song!!!!)!!

The other versions that have shown up over the years have somehow passed me by - despite endless trawling to find something to listen to. You folk who have them - count yourselves very fortunate!! 😭

Whats different about the other two  versions????