Oh my God deserves way more appreciation

Im a fan of the song. Vocals are ace and its a rocking tune. I was hoping it was going to be on CD when it was released but nothing. 

Was hyped for an industrial gnr because I was really digging nin, tool and that movement at the time. 

5 hours ago, Mr Mini Mite said:

It's been, i don't know, 15 years since i've listened to it for the first time and i still feel the same about it. Never liked the "industrial" axl.... That includes riahd, silkworms, scraped and shacklers.

Rhiad is my favourite song off CD!!! 😆

• Confused 1

This was always one of my favorite NuGuns songs, and it was part of why I was willing to support the new band. Had Axl kept pushing forward with this different, unique (to GNR) sound, he might've ended up making something really special and that didn't have to live in the shadow of the old Guns sound. 

2 hours ago, Propaganda said:

The "aaaaaah haaaa haaaaa" and the solo ruin the song

Fair enough! For me, if I feel like listening to a CD track, Rhiad is the go-to one. I was listening to one of the early leaks today and it’s funny how much less detail there is such as layered effects and guitars. Plus it has some great vocals - the part where he hits a high note sing ‘all my frustrations’ is impressive.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Fair enough! For me, if I feel like listening to a CD track, Rhiad is the go-to one. I was listening to one of the early leaks today and it’s funny how much less detail there is such as layered effects and guitars. Plus it has some great vocals - the part where he hits a high note sing ‘all my frustrations’ is impressive.

My go to songs are Oh My God, Chinese Democracy (Antiquiet) and There Was a Time (2001)

When this song came out it was near impossible to hear it ,Radio wasn't playing it ,Internet was in its infancy  streaming sites were illegal and dire especially where I lived and a lot of record stores didn't have the end of days soundtrack  ,however everyone thought GnR were gonna release a new album that year pretty quickly off the back of it that was the word coming from their PR machine, crazy that it took nearly 9 years later before CD came out. Was never a big fan of that industrial sound it never suited GnR and it was like they were following a trend that wasn't going anywhere.

On August 16, 2018 at 3:25 PM, Propaganda said:

My go to songs are Oh My God, Chinese Democracy (Antiquiet) and There Was a Time (2001)

Myself I love Maddy, TWAT (early versions) and '99 IRS. I feel like those best represent Axl's earliest visions for the project that were completed. If there was a studio version of the 2001 Chinese D with the keyboard melodies I'd love that.