Oh my God deserves way more appreciation

On 14/08/2018 at 7:35 AM, ©GnrPersia said:

OMG has been always in my top 10.

I didn't like the audio quality at the time specially compared to other bands being in the soundtrack CD. But hey they wanted to include something new from GNR even if it's a demo!

But to me what is important is the way it got released. Probably the last time a release was handled professionally and with no delay lol

Though I know the label gave a serious deadline to Axl and he had been procrastinating till the last day and Sean Beavan had to spent in studio with Axl till morning for the final mix.

I'm actually enjoying ImSorry's version a lot.

That's what Axl is missing! Deadlines! I don't know why it's not happening...

On 2/1/2019 at 12:12 PM, papashaun said:

Interesting fact concerning End of Days: Gabriel Byrne has to be a great diverse actor.

Prior to End of Days, the movie he starred in directly before it was called "Stigmata" and he played a Priest.....The very next movie he stars in, is End of Days, and he plays Satan. 

But OMG was much better than the movie it's featured in, for sure!!

I always thought the casting of Gabriel Byrne in Stigmata was meant to evoke the casting of Jason Miller in The Exorcist.

They look a lot alike, behave in similar fashion - they just have a lot in common. I even had a friend who was pretty well convinced that they were the same actor - saying nothing for the huge gap in age between the time of the two movies.

Related imageRelated image

On 01/02/2019 at 7:50 PM, donny said:

i guess i was correct.

i can't believe Team Brazil have got a serial convict and someone that openly admits hating TB to both pull all of this monetized material off YT which costs the band large amounts of revenue.

it defies logic. 

well done Fernando Lebeis, well done.

Serial convict? Which one?! 

On 05/02/2019 at 3:10 PM, imsorry said:

there is 3 versions of omg from me:

1 gtr mix its around for over a decade i made an update mix recently more pollish.

2 a mix of 1999 and the leak 

3 a mix of the leak

i can upload it later ...

Good mixes by the way - what’s the story behind them? How were they ‘created’?

On 2/4/2019 at 9:36 PM, jimisbatman said:

Always liked OMG, definitely rivals anything on CD in my opinion.   Cant help think that other CD songs (irs, if the world, sorry) were made with a harder edge in mind like OMG, however were changed due to the musical landscape changing.  

Yep- and Buckethead joining IMHO. For all his awesome quirks, and cool playing, I argue Bucket’s involvement actually took Chinese in a more traditional direction b/c Guns was back to having a guitarist you “clear the stage” for (a la Slash). Pre-Bucket- IMHO there was something potentially very lean, and modern about having a guitarist (Robin) who was more a complementary piece. In theory would have freed Axl up to try more things- and I definitely think “OMG” is evidence of that...

On 2019-02-05 at 10:10 AM, imsorry said:

there is 3 versions of omg from me:

1 gtr mix its around for over a decade i made an update mix recently more pollish.

2 a mix of 1999 and the leak 

3 a mix of the leak

i can upload it later ...

Sounds interesting, would love to hear them.