bUCKETHEAD lAND

How many versions of Oh My God and Silkworms is there?

I currently got:

Oh My God [End of Days Soundtrack]

Oh My God [2018 Leak With Bumblefoot's Guitar]

Silkworms [2001 (The one we've always had)]

Silkworms [2018 Leak With Bumblefoot's Guitar]

Am I missing any versions?

• Like 2

You can delete the channel with Bumblefoot's guitar, double the other channel and make DIY non-remix versions of the new leaks of Silkworms and Oh My God

Edited by ApacheChief42

Just now, ApacheChief42 said:

You can delete the channel with Bumblefoot's guitar and make DIY non-remix versions of Silkworms and Oh My God

Isn't the version with the guitar the End of Days soundtrack but with the added guitar?

There's the live versions of Silkworms at both the HOB and Rock In Rio (both pro-shot) and then the Bumblefoot studio recording. 

For Oh My God there's the official release from the End of Days soundtrack, the two live versions from the HOB and Rock In Rio (both pro-shot), and then the Bumblefoot studio recording.

There is also a version with Buckethead on it out there in the inner circle 

Edited by lukepowell1988
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, History2010 said:

There's the live versions of Silkworms at both the HOB and Rock In Rio (both pro-shot) and then the Bumblefoot studio recording. 

For Oh My God there's the official release from the End of Days soundtrack, the two live versions from the HOB and Rock In Rio (both pro-shot), and then the Bumblefoot studio recording.

correct. everything else is fanmade/fake.

edit: there's also a short edit of OMG from EoD sampler, if you want to count edits.

Edited by zombux
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, bUCKETHEAD lAND said:

Isn't the version with the guitar the End of Days soundtrack but with the added guitar?

To my ears it is different but maybe I'm wrong. Definitely much worse mixed and has different guitar parts. 

Edited by Jw224

3 minutes ago, bUCKETHEAD lAND said:

Is this one of the live versions?

Please do not post links to download :)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bUCKETHEAD lAND said:

Is this one of the live versions?

that is the leak from earlier this year of a studio version with Bumblefoot on it. 

1 minute ago, bUCKETHEAD lAND said:

Understood. Am I allowed to post link that can play the song directly?

youtube links only, sorry but due to recent events we have to be very diligent about downloads.

there are many fakes of both OMG and Silkworms. usually made from the live versions, but also the recent leaks have been manipulated to seem like another versions, but they are not.

don't fall for it ;) the only real deal are the ones listed above by @History2010 or me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bUCKETHEAD lAND said:

I currently got:

Oh My God [End of Days Soundtrack]

Oh My God [2018 Leak With Bumblefoot's Guitar]

Silkworms [2001 (The one we've always had)]

Silkworms [2018 Leak With Bumblefoot's Guitar]

Am I missing any versions?

Erm...thought the first leak of Silkworms was the one from a few weeks back? (BBF channel)

1 minute ago, CAFC Nick said:

Erm...thought the first leak of Silkworms was the one from a few weeks back? (BBF channel)

it was. the 2001 version they are talking about is likely the Evader version or another fan-made mix. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, History2010 said:

it was. the 2001 version they are talking about is likely the Evader version or another fan-made mix. 

Thanks for clearing up!

• Like 1

Is anyone even positive that it's Ron and not BH on the OMG leak? BH plays a strikingly similar furious flood of notes type solo on the live versions where BF's is on the leaks.

31 minutes ago, Stro said:

Is anyone even positive that it's Ron and not BH on the OMG leak? BH plays a strikingly similar furious flood of notes type solo on the live versions where BF's is on the leaks.

the background of the leaks (as I understand it) that came from that session (Silkworms, Oh My God, Going Down) is that the audio in the right channel was sent to Ron in 2006 to work on, presumably with a bunch of other tracks. Ron lays down his recordings on the left channel and somehow the files end up in the hands of other people and are leaked online over the span of 5 years (2013-2018. 

Edited by History2010

2 minutes ago, History2010 said:

the background of the leaks that came from that session (Silkworms, Oh My God, Going Down) is that the audio in the right channel was sent to Ron in 2006 to work on, presumably with a bunch of other tracks. Ron lays down his recordings on the left channel and somehow the files end up in the hands of other people and it is leaked online over the span of 4 years. 

I've always found this odd. Is that a normal thing that is done? Just adding the guitar to the left channel, I mean. I guess they were just gonna use the guitar he recorded when mixing the song later on? 

• Like 1

Supposedly there's a Studio version of Oh My God with Buckethead as lead guitarist from around 2001-2002, but it was never confirmed to be true and to be honest there were never signs of it existence.

2 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I've always found this odd. Is that a normal thing that is done? Just adding the guitar to the left channel, I mean. I guess they were just gonna use the guitar he recorded when mixing the song later on? 

I'm really not sure tbh, but all 3 of the leaks from that batch are formatted that way so maybe that's just how GNR/Ron did things. 

3 hours ago, Jw224 said:

That is my assumption, that they sent him just like a very rough mix and asked him to send them the guitar on one channel

I don't get it though because they could have easily just had him put it on a flash drive or upload it and send it to them with the whole project file like on ProTools or Logic or something even 10 years ago internet speed was not terrible.  I am guessing maybe this was just to give GNR a rough idea about the type of guitar parts Ron had in mind for these songs

6 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

2 Oh My Gods: EoD, BBF single channel

1 Silkworms: BBF single channel

/thread