Slash Speaks! Rolling Stone Interview 08/14/2018

This is by far the most interesting interview by any GNR memver to have come out since the reunion.  It is cagey and Slash definitely knows what he does not want to answer, but there are some really cool questions presented to him that nobody else has had the balls to ask in recent times. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, soon said:

Oh, thanks. Shoot, I cant remember what Izzy's second tweet was or if it was also deleted?

I quess it was said by Izzy that : “The current GN'R tour has been a great success for the guys,” Stradlin told the Wall Street Journal. “My nonparticipation was simply not being able to reach a happy middle ground through the negotiation process. That's life. Sometimes things don't work out." "

Either way it was very stranged answer by Slash. I dont understand it.

Edited by Politania

2 minutes ago, soon said:

Oh, thanks. Shoot, I cant remember what Izzy's second tweet was or if it was also deleted?

BN-MV872_izzytw_DV_20160301105150.jpg

I think he might have been referring to the way Izzy cleared up any involvement with the band...... but I don't know.... because if he means the tweet of the 'loot', I'm not sure that was well-handled. Unless he is talking about the way Duff and Axl addressed it? :question:

I don't know.. it is sort of confusing...

4 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

It is cagey and Slash definitely knows what he does not want to answer, but there are some really cool questions presented to him that nobody else has had the balls to ask in recent times. 

Yeah, but it is Rolling Stone not the Icelandic newspaper, lol :lol:

I think they've earned their right to ask whatever they want.

42 minutes ago, soon said:

Lots of info despite his concise and at times (understandably) cagey responses! Many things that are interesting to me, but Ill pick the Izzy comment. 

Q - What can you say about the Izzy situation on this tour?
A - Uh, I’m not gonna go anywhere near that. I thought what he had to say about it, from what I saw – I didn’t read the whole thing – but the basic come away, I thought, was well handled.

Is slash saying that Izzy's tweets about "the loot" are accurate and Izzy "well handled" the situation? Or is Slash saying that he doesn't like Izzy's tweets and therefore thinks that the decision to not involve Izzy was a "well handled" decision? 

The interpretation I got was that Slash was referencing Izzy's "full statement", this one http://ultimateclassicrock.com/izzy-stradlin-guns-n-roses-statement/

I am not sure if he meant well handled as in he agreed with what Izzy said and liked how diplomatic Izzy was, or if GNR handled the situation well lol

59 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Removed the full text of the interview as the writer of the article contacted me on Twitter saying it was "messed up" that the full interview was posted here... 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, soon said:

Lots of info despite his concise and at times (understandably) cagey responses! Many things that are interesting to me, but Ill pick the Izzy comment. 

Q - What can you say about the Izzy situation on this tour?
A - Uh, I’m not gonna go anywhere near that. I thought what he had to say about it, from what I saw – I didn’t read the whole thing – but the basic come away, I thought, was well handled.

Is slash saying that Izzy's tweets about "the loot" are accurate and Izzy "well handled" the situation? Or is Slash saying that he doesn't like Izzy's tweets and therefore thinks that the decision to not involve Izzy was a "well handled" decision? 

I think he means the Wall Street Journal article. It doesn't make sense to say "I didn't read the whole thing" about a tweet.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

If it weren't for the fans archival skills, we wouldn't have Chinese Whispers.

We would remember that the Shacklers Revenge leaked made Rolling Stone until Azoff and his goons pulled rank and forced them to take it down.

Free press my fucking ass.

1 minute ago, Jw224 said:

How dare you take away his precious clicks.

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, I kinda thought it wouldn't be correct to post the whole thing here, it is their work and it's meant to be read at the website :shrugs:

We've always posted full interviews here because we've always posted the link to the original. 

As I said in my reply, I guess clicks are hard to come by for them these days, so I was happy to oblige and remove the text :)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Politania said:

I quess it was said by Izzy that he wished the luck but he isn't involved. ( sth like that).

Either way it was very stranged answer by Slash. I dont understand it.

16 minutes ago, killuridols said:

BN-MV872_izzytw_DV_20160301105150.jpg

I think he might have been referring to the way Izzy cleared up any involvement with the band...... but I don't know.... because if he means the tweet of the 'loot', I'm not sure that was well-handled. Unless he is talking about the way Duff and Axl addressed it? :question:

I don't know.. it is sort of confusing...

14 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

The interpretation I got was that Slash was referencing Izzy's "full statement", this one http://ultimateclassicrock.com/izzy-stradlin-guns-n-roses-statement/

I am not sure if he meant well handled as in he agreed with what Izzy said and liked how diplomatic Izzy was, or if GNR handled the situation well lol

I think you're all right. Slash is talking about that well wishing statement from Izzy. Thanks for info!

And still none of us understand precisely what the Slashs response means? LOL

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think he means the Wall Street Journal article. It doesn't make sense to say "I didn't read the whole thing" about a tweet.

Right, that makes more sense. Thanks! Thats a good point about reading a tweet. But he also could mean that he didnt read all of the tweets Izzy has posted

Edited by soon
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

We've always posted full interviews here because we've always posted the link to the original. 

As I said in my reply, I guess clicks are hard to come by for them these days, so I was happy to oblige and remove the text :)

I know, Im just saying that I think that's the way it works with media today. You cannot reproduce the entire work of someone else in your website, even if you are direct linking them and giving all the credit.

If I'm not mistaken, the journalists are paid a percentage for the clicks they get in their stories.

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, I kinda thought it wouldn't be correct to post the whole thing here, it is their work and it's meant to be read at the website :shrugs:

I get it and agree too, his interviews and his clicks and all that jazz, although judging by what Russ said about him calling it "messed up", if I was him I would have just politely explained why he would perferred just having the link posted.  But Twitter and polite are two words that usually never are said in the same sentence :lol:

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

I get it and agree too, his interviews and his clicks and all that jazz, although judging by what Russ said about him calling it "messed up", if I was him I would have just politely explained why he would perferred just having the link posted.  But Twitter and polite are two words that usually never are said in the same sentence :lol:

Maybe he's fed up with the eBayers that post his interviews in every forum and he has to go scolding people on Twitter on a daily basis :lol:

• Haha 2

I mean, obviously you don’t want to say anything to knock this all off course . . .
I’m not worried about fucking it up.

Of course not:P

A bit boring with all the political correctness and vague answers but good interview regardless.