Live Era on Spotify - now includes locations for select tracks?

5 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I love Live Era.

It's no Rust Never Sleeps but I'll take it.

Now give me Appetite 99. And a re-recorded Chinese Democracy with Slash and Duff.

See, I like creativity, fellas and she-fellas. That's all there is to it.

Tbh what I want most now is Slash's solos and fills pasted over CD but in like...a non distracting way. Or the ability to mix and match various parts from various players and not have it sound like a mess. A few fills on Catcher from Slash, one solo from May, outro with Ron. This I Love with 2010 vocals, Slash solo, etc. New music lol. 

6 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

See, I want it from the ground up, basically.

SCOM 99 goes in some newish directions.

Or Slash and Duff as the voice of reason Axl didn't have.

CD? Perfectly good rocker played straight through no bullshit. No fruity intro.

The Blues? Imagine fucking Adler and Izzy on that track? Fire.

I don't want some bullshit intro slapped onto the front of Better which already has 2 intros. 

I mean CD would've been 100 times better if it was re-recorded in 2006 in a week like Lies.

I also want more Pitman and that's not happening either. :(

The recent leaked version of The Blues + Frank's drum roll before the outro + Axl harmonizing with the guitar before the bridge + Bucket's solo = ultimate version of the song. I don't know how Adler or Izzy would improve that song at all.

Edited by Stro

4 hours ago, Stro said:

Yeah I've always actually assumed it was a mistake and accidentally added from the wrong session and no one cared enough to notice/fix it. It definitely doesn't sound like Duff, unless he was exceptionally smashed even by his standards to completely change his voice and just scream shit. A voice that sure sounds like Robin pops up in another track on Live Era, but I can't remember it off the top of my head.

Robin finck was on the band in 1997/99, wasn't he?
What about the vocals? are they from 97 or 99? 

Edited by NeonKinight

8 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

Robin finck was on the band in 1997/99, wasn't he?
What about the vocals? are they from 97 or 99? 

No idea when the vocals were recorded, I'd say around the time of the earliest CD vocal tracks

2 hours ago, NeonKinight said:

I had a friend who said that in the canadian version of Live era, there was a note saying that the vocals were recorded in 97.
Anyone here is a canadian and has it? @downzy?

I'm sorry, by the way. 

I’m not saying it’s not there, but something I don’t remember seeing. I don’t have the cd anymore as I have the digital tracks, but will try to have a look at the LP I own that’s packed away. It’s sealed so unless it’s mentioned on the back I won’t be able to verify.