"Going Down" rights sold to another band?

Axl Rose Fan Club (a brazilian fansite) has stated that the rights for the song "Going Down" (leaked in 2013) were sold to a band named Friendly Indians. According to them, the vocalist of this band is Tommy Stinson's bass tech. For this reason, ARFC claims that GNR would never work in this song again.

Is it true?

32 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Wouldn't be surprised. Axl and Arkeen sold the rights of Crash Diet to another band way back in the early 90s.

Yep, Asphalt Ballet....who started out as an early 90s clash of hair metal/hard rock, then tried to go more alternative for the album Crash Diet was included on....The album tanked, and the band basically broke up...But, you can hear some Axl vocals on the background of the chorus. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, papashaun said:

Yep, Asphalt Ballet....who started out as an early 90s clash of hair metal/hard rock, then tried to go more alternative for the album Crash Diet was included on....The album tanked, and the band basically broke up...But, you can hear some Axl vocals on the background of the chorus. 

Wow and here I was thinking that was a cover song.  Had no idea they “owned” the rights.  Learn something new every day!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, papashaun said:

Holy shit, no way. Where can I hear this?

Axl should sell all his songs so we can hear them

And I really like Going Down. Totally fine with Tommy on lead and the version we have

Must have been in the last few years then, as IIRC, throughout the 11-14 tours the band wanted Tommy to do it instead of Motivation but he thought it was too hard to sing. I doubt they'd want him to do it if they'd punted the rights to someone else.

Which also concerns me that if they were asking him to do it, then the rumors of Axl recording lead vocals must be false.

Hopefully not though.

Edited by Dean

7 hours ago, papashaun said:

Axl recorded with'em? 

Asphalt Ballet is such a cool band name...anyway...their version of Crash Diet was, in my opinion, better than the GN'R demo. I don't Guns ever quite took the song seriously (Izzy supposedly loved it though and wanted on UYI) and even Axl dismissed it as something that was a cool Wes idea but nothing more.

You can clearly hear Axl layered in the background of the chorus. Nice of him to lend his pipes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, appetite4illusions said:

Asphalt Ballet is such a cool band name...anyway...their version of Crash Diet was, in my opinion, better than the GN'R demo. I don't Guns ever quite took the song seriously (Izzy supposedly loved it though and wanted on UYI) and even Axl dismissed it as something that was a cool Wes idea but nothing more.

You can clearly hear Axl layered in the background of the chorus. Nice of him to lend his pipes.

I don’t think that’s Axl. He isn’t credited (only for co-writing the track with West Arkeen, Del James and Danny Clarke who was in this band) in the booklet either. I think the singer of Asphalt Ballet, Tommy Dean, is the one you hear doing some overdubs. 

Going Down sounds like a Village Gorilla Head out-take that just happens to have Axl on backing vocals anyway. Was it ever really going to be on an album anyway or was it just on the set list as an option for a Tommy spot while Axl rested his voice inbetween songs?

• Like 1