"Going Down" rights sold to another band?

On 8/20/2018 at 2:26 PM, Stoymatic said:

What makes everyone hate My World so much? Is it because it sounds nothing like any other GnR song? It's basically an outro to a double album.

What could have made My World a better song? Or even a full length track?

21 hours ago, Stoymatic said:

Completely agree. It truly is different than anything else GnR at that time. I also do not understand all of the hate. Artists make changes to whatever it is that they do. That is what My World was a sample of. The band was experimenting with a different type of sound, and it sounded different than any other song they had made. Artistic progression usually results in better music over the course of time. There have been so many bands that have had continued success after making the transition to a different sound, and GnR would not have been an exception.

On 8/20/2018 at 5:11 PM, baldek said:

I like My World. After all these years, and looking back, it's funny how it sort of bonds with OMG and Silkworms type of sound, thus proving that Axl really was into experimenting and getting serious with industrial.

I believe he trully was gravitating towards that kind of sound and Chinese Democracy, suffering from its creator's swing of musical influences, eventually became the vehicle that picked up passengers from different nationalities, got them all together without really trying to make any sense of it and hoped for the best - you get rockers, ballads, epics, industrial, guitar solos, questionable beats and a whole lot of other stuff that's going on in there.

I dig it. All of it.

I gonna point this out to see if anyone else agrees.....Everyone refers to My World as an "Industrial Experimentation" in music for Axl....But....has anyone else ever noticed how similar that song sounds to a lot of the Insane Clown Posse's work from the Mid-90s to Mid-00s or so?? Axl's vocals in My World could totally pass for Violent J, especially in more recent years....I'll also share this song below...cause this may blow your mind if you are a "young-un" and don't know this.....

Slash left GnR around, what '95 or '96, basically due to creative differences with Axl/the offered contract not as a "partner"/wanting to play classic rock style...etc.....Well, this particular song was released in August of 1997, and yes....that is Slash playing the guitar track on this song....but you wouldn't know it if you just heard the riff alone...Don't believe me, look at the Album's credits. So I just wonder if Slash really might have considered going with a more "industrial" sound for some songs possibly, if he and Axl could have put their difference aside....

On August 21, 2018 at 6:33 PM, Nice Boy said:

i feel kinda sorry for Axl that the 2 songs people consistently say are the worst on UYI are both ones which he pretty much created himself

My World is him pissing around with synths on mushrooms, and Shotgun Blues is him on guitar attempting to do a British Punk song

And everyone just cringes when they hear these efforts

At the same time, Estranged and NR, also two of his numbers are considered among the best.

On 8/22/2018 at 2:03 PM, papashaun said:

. So I just wonder if Slash really might have considered going with a more "industrial" sound for some songs possibly, if he and Axl could have put their difference aside....

I know we truly despise the scumbag Alfred, but didn't he mention something along those lines in his 1st AFD Show interview? Axl was leaning more AFD and Slash wanted to test the waters with a different sounds?

Who knows how reliable any of the info he said was, but I am sure at least a few things were true.

On 22/08/2018 at 7:03 PM, papashaun said:

I gonna point this out to see if anyone else agrees.....Everyone refers to My World as an "Industrial Experimentation" in music for Axl....But....has anyone else ever noticed how similar that song sounds to a lot of the Insane Clown Posse's work from the Mid-90s to Mid-00s or so?? Axl's vocals in My World could totally pass for Violent J, especially in more recent years....I'll also share this song below...cause this may blow your mind if you are a "young-un" and don't know this.....

Slash left GnR around, what '95 or '96, basically due to creative differences with Axl/the offered contract not as a "partner"/wanting to play classic rock style...etc.....Well, this particular song was released in August of 1997, and yes....that is Slash playing the guitar track on this song....but you wouldn't know it if you just heard the riff alone...Don't believe me, look at the Album's credits. So I just wonder if Slash really might have considered going with a more "industrial" sound for some songs possibly, if he and Axl could have put their difference aside....

This is kind of like when Slash said he left because Axl wanted to make "industrial sounding crap", then immediately after leaving Guns he made an industrial track with Michael Jackson (which rocks btw). I thought that was pretty funny.

Going Down is a great song, one of my favorites of the demos that leaked. I guess now that Tommy's not in the band, it wouldn't make sense to release it with Tommy's vocals, but imagine this song with Duff on vocals...That would rock!

I'm not sure if Slash or Duff would be ok to work on songs that were already written by other artists though. So it's not hard to believe that they might save it for a boxset or might be selling the rights of the songs they feel that are weaker to other bands. 

Edited by Propaganda