Appetite for Distortion - Ep. 79 - Brett Buchanan, AlternativeNation.net

"Many of our interviews have been turned into articles for the successful online rock news site AlternativeNation.net. While this has been, and continues to be great exposure, some listeners have argued that Alt Nation is just "click bait" and "fake news." The site's owner and founder Brett Buchanan joins us to address these issues and more.

Brett shares stories of his early wrestling coverage when he was only 11 years old, how did he managed Scott Weiland's social media on the day of his death, the experience of interviewing Matt Sorum and much much more!

Please follow/subscribe/leave a Review!"

Edited by Sosso

I will have to give this a listen, I remember talking to Brett in line for an Alice in Chains show years ago at the Hollywood Palladium, like I think around 2009 and he seemed like a cool dude

I definitely sort of saw a lot of uptick on click bait type of headlines on some of the stuff on his website in the more recent years so I haven't kept up with the site as much but it looks like you guys will be talking about just that so I will give it a listen!  I used to visit Grungereport.com all the time because it compiled all the news stories of the bands I followed

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

Ive probably groaned about Alternative Nation before, so I was somewhat dragging my feet into this one, but that didnt last long. Really cool discussion about mental health. Especially how it pertains to the rock community and how we maybe need to identify with the humanity of our Rock Gods. Really important stuff imo.

@Gambit83 my favourite folk singer launched a mental heath awareness and advocacy campaign. Her most recent album was rock, making her even more in the wheelhouse that might work for you and Bret as far as charitable things. The goals of the campaign are Canadian specific, but the message is universal.

http://itsmental.ca

http://www.ameliacurran.com

• Like 1