Your favourite live DVD from AC/DC

Sosso

Your favourite live DVD  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Let There Be Rock by a country mile. One of the best concert films ever.

Let There be Rock is awesome!  Great performances!  I love how Angus gets so exhausted from running around that he needs to get oxygen!  I had to get this on Blu Ray.  Great sound and picture, for how old it is!  I would love to get an entire pro-shot concert from '80 or '81.  Not sure if any exist.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I love all of them except for No Bull, but Donington will always have a special place in my heart. That was my gateway to AC/DC. 

The sound mix on the original No Bull release was awful, but has improved significantly on the rerelease. 

Edited by Sosso

2 hours ago, Sosso said:

The sound mix on the original No Bull release was awful, but has improved significantly on the rerelease. 

I don't think I ever got the re-release. I suppose the Blu Ray is the new mix? Maybe that's a good excuse to pick that up finally...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I don't think I ever got the re-release. I suppose the Blu Ray is the new mix? Maybe that's a good excuse to pick that up finally...

They have re-released No Bull on both DVD and Blu Ray. It's my second favourite live video from them, right after Live at Donington. Great setlist, great location, great line-up. 

Edited by Sosso
  • GNFNR 1

The No Bull re-release kind of sucks in my humble opinion. The audio is better but not significantly, they botched the audio of Shoot To Thrill’s intro (there’s a jump cut in the audio, and very noticeably), and the new camera angles are enough to induce epileptic seizures. Even with the shit audio I hold the original DVD near and dear to my heart.

Live at Donington, great sound and picture! I have that one on blu-ray

Let there be rock is also cool

No bull has bad audio and Brian's voice is not at his best. But the crowd, Angus, and the show are wild. Sound improved a bit on the 2008 re-release.

Stiff Upper Lip live is also cool, but Brian has troubles reaching some high notes (I really dislike thunderstruck from that show).

Circus krone is pretty cool. Apparently the show almost got cancelled because of the huge heat due to fans not working. Half of the show is available in 1080i from a tv broadcast, don't know why they did not realease this one and Stiff Upper Lip live in blu ray.

And finally, live at river plate. I really disliked this one when it came out, because I couldn't stand AC/DC playing half step down. Malcolm Young almost has no distortion on his guitar, and Brian sounds muddy for me on some songs (on some songs like Dirty Deeds his low falsetto is awful)

On 18/8/2018 at 4:07 PM, BadRain said:

Let There be Rock is awesome!  Great performances!  I love how Angus gets so exhausted from running around that he needs to get oxygen!  I had to get this on Blu Ray.  Great sound and picture, for how old it is!  I would love to get an entire pro-shot concert from '80 or '81.  Not sure if any exist.

Tokyo 81 and Landover 81. Landover exists in really good quality, but only 2 songs were released with that quality (Plug me In DVD). Other songs from the show were broadcasted on tv in high quality. The only full video of the show has awful quality