Appetite for Distortion - Ep. 80 - Richie Faulkner, Judas Priest

Much like Guns N' Roses, Judas Priest is an iconic band that has had some notable lineup changes. London-based guitarist Richie Faulkner had big guitar to fill when KK Downing retired, but has thrived...

With Priest, Faulker released the new album "Firepower" earlier this year and are about to embark on a massive tour with fellow legends Deep Purple. We ask Richie YOUR fan-submitted questions, his thoughts on the name of this podcast, and his favorite GNR & Priest records and much more!

https://www.spreaker.com/show/appetite-for-distortion

https://stitcher.com/podcast/appetite-for-distortion

• Like 3

I'm just not a Priest guy so I'll probably end up skipping this one. I did listen to the whole Brett / Alt Nation episode though. I got where he was coming from on some things and disagreed with other points. Loved the overall episode though. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm just not a Priest guy so I'll probably end up skipping this one. I did listen to the whole Brett / Alt Nation episode though. I got where he was coming from on some things and disagreed with other points. Loved the overall episode though. 

Richie did make a funny comment about the show name and does talk about his brief run-in with Slash. I do address the GNR fan FB page being taken down, that was even before I heard about a major Metallica FB fan site removed with no warning also. Continuing our copyright/harassment discussion and if this ties in.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2018 at 3:12 PM, RussTCB said:

I never was either for the longest time until I started digging into their 70's early 80's stuff.  I actually got into some of Halford's solo stuff like Fight and Halford before Priest. Definitely one of the greatest voices of all time IMO. 

• Like 1