Adler's Appetite Has New Singer

On 8/19/2018 at 6:12 PM, 31illusions said:

Huh? Not sure what you're talking about? What's the reason he's not as successful as Axl & Slash? To many reasons to list...

He's a drummer, not a singer. His constant drug abuse. It's been 28 years since he's been in GN'R. He pretty much only plays Appetite songs. Rock is not mainstream anymore... ect... ect...

You pretty much just said the same things I did.

My comments were in response to you saying his band has never been about the singer but him which I see as part of his problem in success.

It seems we both agree.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Steven still follows Constantine on Facebook so I don't think things ended badly...I think that he just wanted to get back to his Broadway roots. 

I wonder why Constantine committed to front a band to change his mind only a short time later???

Was he lost in life? Did he have some inside info on his new band that turned him off? Did he realize he doesn't want to live the rocker lifestyle? 

The world may never know....Until Adler spills the beans 

In fact, let's count the singers Adler's Appetite has had,

- Jizzy Pearl (2003, 2003–2005)

- Sean Crosby (2003)

- Sheldon Tarsha (2005–2006, 2009)

- Colby Veil (2007–2009)

- Rick Stitch (2009–2011)

- Patrick Stone (2011)

- Constantine (2018)

- This new chap (2018)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stoymatic said:

I wonder why Constantine committed to front a band to change his mind only a short time later???

Was he lost in life? Did he have some inside info on his new band that turned him off? Did he realize he doesn't want to live the rocker lifestyle? 

The world may never know....Until Adler spills the beans 

I think that Constantine can't make enough $$ with Adler's band.

I think how much one makes on Broadway depends on the show and the role but obviously starring on Broadway in a hit show has prestige and I imagine a nice fat paycheck but I don't know what show Constantine is in or if he would be a lead. I've never thought he was very good from his days on Idol so can't imagine he'd be any better on Broadway. 

For Adler's new singer I think he does a good job covering GnR. He obviously isn't Axl but is far better than Constantine. 

Does Adlers Appetite only do GnR songs?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stoymatic said:

and he would make more on Broadway? Honest question, I have no idea how much Broadway performers make.

I guess do,at least is bit more stable job, Steven many shows had, sure Broadway depend the success can be at least few months of job.

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

I guess do,at least is bit more stable job, Steven many shows had, sure Broadway depend the success can be at least few months of job.

Good point, steady work with a guaranteed income. Maybe he wanted to stay away from the headlines? Anytime Adler is mentioned, there is usually some talk about his band. They are touring right? So his name would be out there a good bit too.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stoymatic said:

Good point, steady work with a guaranteed income. Maybe he wanted to stay away from the headlines? Anytime Adler is mentioned, there is usually some talk about his band. They are touring right? So his name would be out there a good bit too.

Yes, true Steven just make shows here and there , sadly no more it, don't think himself can make money enough.

Years ago, my brother met Steven in a club in Dallas. L A Guns opened for his band.

Unfortunately, Steven didn't have a singer for some odd reason. My brother was only 18 at the time, so he was a bit shy. He learned to play drums to GNR and told Steven that.  He could also do a great Axl.

Anyway, Steven asked the crowd if anyone would sing some GNR songs, but my brother wasn't up for it then. He's since regretted it. I often think what would have happened if he had sung? The very least would have been have this wonderful memory. Steven signed his AFD cover and he got to tell him how much he inspired him to learn to play drums.

I wish Steven all the best because we all know he would love to be back full time with GNR.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, It’s So Easy said:

I want Steven to succeed. Hope everything goes well with his new singer.

Yeah, he should be in a normal band, this whole ADLER thing is a train wreck since the beginning.

Thing is, he never managed to get in a band for whatever reason, maybe nobody really wants a headache.

EDIT

Just noticed he played with Ashba in Bullet Boys from 98 to 99. lol

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BulletBoys

Edited by default_

15 minutes ago, default_ said:

Yeah, he should be in a normal band, this whole ADLER thing is a train wreck since the beginning.

Thing is, he never managed to get in a band for whatever reason, maybe nobody really wants a headache.

EDIT

Just noticed he played with Ashba in Bullet Boys from 98 to 99. lol

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BulletBoys

Wow no way. How is this not known more?

1 hour ago, Stoymatic said:

Only 3 dates that I know of....

5 hours ago, Kwick1 said:

Does Adlers Appetite only do GnR songs?

Nope.... https://signalscv.com/2018/08/steven-adler-of-guns-n-roses-to-debut-new-band-at-canyon-santa-clarita-aug-25/

Adler said the Steven Adler Band will play “some good old-fashioned Guns N’ Roses rock ’n’ roll and a little bit of Adler,” including songs from his latest album,

“Back from the Dead.”

“We’re going to start with ‘Reckless Life’ and play all the way through ‘You Could Be Mine,’ ‘Civil War,’” he said. “And yes, of course we’re going to throw some Adler songs in there, like ‘Habit’ and ‘Good to be Bad,’ because they kick ass. That whole record kicks ass.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Apollo said:

It’s odd for Adler to sign an Axl Rose impersonator If he wants to be taken seriously. 

Might as well stuck with the lineup he had with Marq Torien and DJ Ashba. 

Other band do it.. STP is doing it now... The Doors did it at the end.. Journey..  Judas Priest.. Fuck it.. The guy sounds better at Guns songs than Axl does... 

• Like 2

On 22/08/2018 at 7:35 AM, DieselDaisy said:

In fact, let's count the singers Adler's Appetite has had,

- Jizzy Pearl (2003, 2003–2005)

- Sean Crosby (2003)

- Sheldon Tarsha (2005–2006, 2009)

- Colby Veil (2007–2009)

- Rick Stitch (2009–2011)

- Patrick Stone (2011)

- Constantine (2018)

- This new chap (2018)

Your not counting the "Adler" singer jacob burton? May as well add him to the list.

Tbh i reckon it would be very hard to put up with him on a long extensive tour.

I wonder whether Steven has ever even thought about doing something completely, totally unrelated to GN’R for a change. You know, not forever, just to try it out, if once. Maybe as a side band or something. I mean, he’s been in this thing of the past for almost 30 years now, always revolving around his golden years. That shit has to be tiring, hasn’t it? 
Of course, I may be wrong. 

• Like 2