Do you think Axl likes SMKC's music?

It is quite well know that Axl dug Fall To Pieces, and evidently he likes Slither judging by recent setlists. I could also imagine him enjoying a good chunk of VR's catalogue, especially Contraband and Messages.

I also can imagine Axl hearing a few things on the Slash & Friends solo album which made his ears prick up. But for some reason, I can't imagine him going for SMKC. I can imagine him checking it out and thinking "meh, if this is the best he's got, I'll give new GNR music a pass."

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I can imagine him checking it out and thinking "meh, if this is the best he's got, I'll give new GNR music a pass."

The songs are there.. It is just the Myles/Todd harmonies that are boring.. I bet he would just listen and think that he could have done much better things with the songs.  

1 minute ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Im sure he is just happy Slash got a new album, he got another excuse that theres no GN'R album anytime soon, and he can say its not his fault! Slash screwing GN'R again!

I think everyone knows ( and has known for a long, long time) that the reason for not getting new  Guns n' Roses music is definitely not Slash.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

20 minutes ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

Wasn't there somebody's quote that both Axl and Slash are very supportive of each other's side projects (Axl/DC - SMKC)?

Yeah, I remember reading that here in the forum however just like you said, it's unknown if that means he actually likes SMKC songs.

But I do think that he might like a few riffs and solos, perhaps a song as well.

12 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

What is even known about Axls musical taste except he likes Queen, U2 and WASP? I don't even remember anything else

Ummmm...ACDC!! And every artist he's covered and collaborated since 2006. Which is alot.

Edited by Axl_morris