Do you think Axl likes SMKC's music?

3 hours ago, Towelie said:

Better alone beats the entire post-Guns Slash catalogue. Except for maybe Serial Killer.

"Better" to a lot of people is complete garbage.  The song get's almost zero reaction at the shows.. It is such a weird song that no one knows what the hell is going on.. Not every song on CD is completely terrible but that one sure is.. That and TIL are hands down the worst moments of these Gn'R shows. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

''Anastasia'', to me, is better than the entirety of Chinese Democracy. You have the ingredients of songs like Locomotive there. Those epic quintessential Slashy leads which grab you by the bollocks. Chinese has nothing like that.

Anastasia is a beast!!!! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, moreblack said:

Not that hopeful myself. It's pretty telling, that the first thing Slash did when he had free time between tour legs, was go back to Myles, Todd & Co. to finish the album they put on hold for the GNR tour in the first place.

Maybe, but then again, we don't know what, if anything was held back for a GnR album.  Slash is a prolific writer and he is not a perfectionist.  He is also one writer from SMKC, the MKC in SMKC had nothing better to do than write music for their album.

I mean you might be right, my point is, we just don't really know.

15 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

''Anastasia'', to me, is better than the entirety of Chinese Democracy. You have the ingredients of songs like Locomotive there. Those epic quintessential Slashy leads which grab you by the bollocks. Chinese has nothing like that.

Anastasia is a prime example of why SMKC are lacking. You have what is possibly the most epic riff and guitar part from Slash post-Guns, with a mediocre melody line from Myles. 

By the time the first verse kicks in you've already heard the best it has to offer.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

Anastasia is a prime example of why SMKC are lacking. You have what is possibly the most epic riff and guitar part from Slash post-Guns, with a mediocre melody line from Myles. 

Honestly, I have never focused much on what Myles is doing on that song. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Unless we're talking about "My World", nobody likes "My World".

I do

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

By the time the first verse kicks in you've already heard the best it has to offer.

Not for me. I love the second half of the song with all the guitars.. And the outro when they kick back into the main riff gets me every time.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2018 at 6:52 AM, Towelie said:

Lol. SMKC are no way near the standard of Chinese Democracy.

Correct, the standard set by Chinese Democracy is much LOWER.  That record should spew platinum and diamonds on each track, considering how long it took to make it.  And, it doesn't.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1