Slash Q1043 interview

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I skimmed through the interview.. Gn'R > VR > Snakepit/SMKC .. Kind of bummed it looks like he won't be playing many if any Guns songs.. Will be interesting to see what the set list looks like.

Ill be suprised if he doesnt play WTTJ/SCOM/PC every single night and nothing more of GNR

No idea how much VR will be on the setlist though

12 minutes ago, Sanomatovic said:

Ill be suprised if he doesnt play WTTJ/SCOM/PC every single night and nothing more of GNR

I'd love to see more VR..  Dirty Little Thing would be great.. Myles does a good job with Fall To Pieces too.. I think he sounded good on Sucker Train Blues too if I recall.  You Got no Right, Superhuman, Loving the Alien, Come On Come In, The Last Fight, Mary Mary.. Love all that shit..  

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Sanomatovic said:

I'd be surprised if he plays any, since he outright said he just played Guns songs for 2 years straight and doesn't need/want to do them in the set when there's such a large catalog of non GNR songs.

46 minutes ago, Sanomatovic said:

11 minutes ago, Stro said:

I'd be surprised if he plays any, since he outright said he just played Guns songs for 2 years straight and doesn't need/want to do them in the set when there's such a large catalog of non GNR songs.

WTTJ he hasn't played much with SMKC so I'm not expecting that one. SCOM and PC for sure, maybe Nightrain. That's probably all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stro said:

That’s what I’m afraid of.  I’ve been seeing Slash solo since he released that first album and I’ve loved the GNR stuff.  I wish he’d use it as an opportunity to play some deep cut GNR stuff that was rarely/never played live but that’s a small complaint.

id be disappointed if we don’t hear any GNR stuff on this next tour.  

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

If he has a technique for signing AC DC well, why on Earth would he not use it for Guns as well? 

Maybe he was wrong on his assessment of his ability to use that technique regularly without causing damage. I know there is this whole "Axl is lazy" belief going around, but his downfall begun right after the US leg with AC/DC. In this last leg of the tour, there were definitively signs of damage.

4 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Or he thinks the clean voice sounds great

He said in the China Exchange interview that people didn't care for the cleaner voice he did with CD, so he's obviously aware of it. He just doesn't care to push it.

Honestly? Can't say I blame him. If you can coast by and continue to rake in millions and fill the arenas, why push yourself to do more? AC/DC was a completely different scenario, and even the beginning of the NITL tour, but now he really has no reason to. To impress the hardcore critics like us? Eh.