Fall To Pieces could have been a "Guns Song"

4 hours ago, appetite4illusions said:

A little passive-aggressive, aren't ya, friend? You could have just said you didn't like it. But since you wanted to rewrite my post, all you had to say was you don't dig Scotty.

That's okay, nobody said you had to.  But, as long as we're treading on facts, the endeavor won them a grammy and it gave Slash a level of prestige he hadn't had since 1993.  

your opinion is all right

i just dont agree with it

grammys? prestige?

give me a break!

and give me good songs instead!

I often get the impression that ludurigan bases his opinion of songs just on Izzy's participation.

Everything GNR related without Izzy can't be good.

I can imagine he would like same songs if they were sounding exactly the same just with Izzy being credited.

I don't say that's the case. That's just my impression sometimes. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

There is a song on Duff's solo album with Slash, and a song on Slash's with Izzy, and a song on Duff's (2nd) with Izzy, and a song on Gilby's with Axl, and a song on Gilby's with Slash, and a song on Gilby's with Duff etc etc - I could go on! 

Why can't they all just get together on one bloody song!!

The Outpatience song with Rose and Slash is fairly close to being a Guns song actually.

There was def enough quality material being put out by all the guys in 93-96 to make a good GNR record. Even if you exclude Izzy, given their hard feelings toward him, this right here would've made an amazing mid 90s Gn'R EP:

1) Beggars and Hangers On

2) I Love You (Duff on vocals)

3) Skin N' Bones (Gilby & Axl duet)

4) Neither Can I

5) Cure Me or Kill Me

6) Fuck You

7) Anxious Disease (West on backing vocals, Shannon as well if he was still alive) 

8) Back and Forth Again

Best part? Axl doesn't have to write any lyrics since he had writers block, just tweak some melodies and you have a B grade GNR record to tide fans over while they work on something stronger. Have different rhythm guitarists on each track if need be. It would be their version of Black and Blue. 

Edited by Fashionista