New Adler's Appetite - Paradise City

The new bassist played with Alder at Ride For Ronnie. Im starting to realize just how much of a pet peeve it is to me when bassists play GnR songs with their fingers, rather then a pick. 

PS: Is the audience sitting at banquet tables? WTF :lol:

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

This singer has no originality whatsoever. Like even his stage moves are similar to Axl's. I understand that you have to do the song justice when covering it but just mirroring the original artist in almost every aspect is boring to me. 

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 3

I seen a video of them doing Reckless Life earlier. It focused on the singer and offered no info what was actually happened. I assumed it was a tribute band. I was quite shocked to find out it was Adler and his new front man.

What happened to the other guy?

1 hour ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

How sad that Steven can't move on from AFD. He could've joined another band after GNR, he could join another band NOW. No, he just wants to play in GNR cover bands. Furthermore, it's time to move on from that haircut.

Very well said. Steven has been milking the fact that he was the original GNR drummer since the day he got kicked out and he's based his entire career around one album. To be honest, it's pathetic. He needs to move on, stop living in the past, and make a new name for himself. Him playing Appetite with a bunch of hacks has become laughable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well the dude obviously doesn't need to be wearing the 1988 Axl leather pants and snakeskin boots.. That was cheesy but I thought they actually sounded pretty damn good for what it was. Was that the same band he just had with that other singer Constantino or whatever his name was? I don't think I watched more than two songs from him. I don't remember a female bassist.. Anyway, I would go check them out in a club if they came around here for sure. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm not even a fan of Adler and I have to laugh at some of the comments. 

"Move on from AFD, Steven"? Like Axl did? Lol, come on now. 

It's really got nothing to do with Axl, but yeah, Axl is a close second to Steven when it comes to resting on one's laurels...  no one in the GNR universe is as bad as Steven though... it's embarrassing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

It's really got nothing to do with Axl, but yeah, Axl is a close second to Steven when it comes to resting on one's laurels...  no one in the GNR universe is as bad as Steven though... it's embarrassing.

It's got everything to do with Axl with the amount of Axl fans who have the nerve shit on Steven, ya know?

Well I do like Steven and I don't  really like the NITL  version of Guns, but when you have the real lead singer and the real lead guitar player it has more legitimacy than...this. This is just a cover band that happens to have the real GNR drummer. It's not fair maybe, because in the end they are doing basically the same thing, but it is different. This is just lame.

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It's got everything to do with Axl with the amount of Axl fans who have the nerve shit on Steven, ya know?

I’m much more a fan of Steven than Axl, but I’ll still call a spade a spade, Steven centering his entire career around a 30 year old album that he got no writing credits for is ridiculous. His act of playing Appetite with a revolving door of hacks has worn thin.