New Adler's Appetite - Paradise City

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I can dig that but my thing is this: that's all Steven has to base his career on. 

Dude played on the best debut record of all time, did a couple of other things with the band, then got kicked out. 

Yes, he wasted a TON of time in the 90s when he could've been doing other things, but he didn't. So here he is and here we are. 

Again, I'm not even a fan of Steven Adler but I just feel the need to strick up for him here. He's not the one who said he wanted to bury AFD. He's not the one who had the whole world in his hands by the end of 93 and fucked it up. He's not the one who talked a bunch of shit about how far forward he was going to move things and then went backwards at best. That's all Axl, so it's humorous for me to see a bunch of Axl fans pointing thing finger at Adler here is all. 

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Adler at all (I invite all to review my post history and find me saying positive things about him) but Axl and Slash have been playing AFD since the split up just as much.  The only people that can take the high horse on this one are Izzy and Duff who only played their own stuff, or AFD when working with Axl/Slash.

• Like 1

It's simple, Steven doesn't have any other draw than afd. He seems to like it, even if we think it's a bit pathetic to be in a cover band playing your own songs. Let him have fun. Steven will never change, he won't all of a sudden make a record breaking album, so it's this or nothing.

After hearing the singer's Don't Cry I never want to listen to him anymore though.

Everybody saying Steven should move on, did you guys notice its 30 years already? If the guy had anything to offer he wouldve done it by now. Steven is what Steven is, he has a cool groove but he was just lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time. 

I love the guy but WE should move on and let the guy do what he does best.

Btw, how different is this from what GNR is doing right now?

• Like 3

Of course this singer has zero originality. He's from a GnR cover band. His career has been copying Axl. I'm surprised he doesn't grow his hair and color it strawberry blond. Like all GnR cover they fall painfully short but one fully expects that when seeing such a band. Adler is the best part of his cover band, I agree with @Ratam, he needs to be on a riser. After all, he's what makes his cover band. 

@default_, it's completely different, NITLT is GnR. They're playing their material.  Adler hasn't been a member of GnR in almost 30 years and was kicked out. His band is a GnR cover band. 

Edited by Kwick1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I'm not even a fan of Adler and I have to laugh at some of the comments. 

"Move on from AFD, Steven"? Like Axl did? Lol, come on now. 

Especially when they just re-released it for $1000.

It’s either AFD with faux leather or Steven with faux Axl.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, default_ said:

Btw, how different is this from what GNR is doing right now?

How is GNR's original drummer, who's been out of the band for 30 years, playing GNR songs in a glorified coverband in nightclubs similar to what actual GNR have been doing aside from playing some of the same songs?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Modano09 said:

How is GNR's original drummer, who's been out of the band for 30 years, playing GNR songs in a glorified coverband in nightclubs similar to what actual GNR have been doing aside from playing some of the same songs?

CD era was Axl with a glorified cover band

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DeadSlash said:

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Adler at all (I invite all to review my post history and find me saying positive things about him) but Axl and Slash have been playing AFD since the split up just as much.  The only people that can take the high horse on this one are Izzy and Duff who only played their own stuff, or AFD when working with Axl/Slash.

I think you go to a GNR or Slash show expecting to hear AFD because it's either a GNR show or a Slash show and those songs are associated with them. I think that's somewhat different than Adler still doing AFD because he really never did anything else worth talking about. 

15 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

I think you go to a GNR or Slash show expecting to hear AFD because it's either a GNR show or a Slash show and those songs are associated with them. I think that's somewhat different than Adler still doing AFD because he really never did anything else worth talking about. 

I am sure fans attend a Steven Adler show expecting to hear AFD material as those songs are associated with him also. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ironmt said:

I am sure fans attend a Steven Adler show expecting to hear AFD material as those songs are associated with him also. 

That's true. But that's all he has going for him. He played on a popular band's debut album 30 years ago so he keeps clinging to that to get people to see him play those songs in bars. Not quite the same as the more influential/important members of that band playing those songs because they're still in the band or wrote them. 

On 8/26/2018 at 6:47 PM, Tom-Ass said:

Well the dude obviously doesn't need to be wearing the 1988 Axl leather pants and snakeskin boots.. That was cheesy but I thought they actually sounded pretty damn good for what it was. Was that the same band he just had with that other singer Constantino or whatever his name was? I don't think I watched more than two songs from him. I don't remember a female bassist.. Anyway, I would go check them out in a club if they came around here for sure. 

Besides Ari Kamin being the new singer(last singer was American Idol's Constantine Maroulis) Michael Thomas is still the guitarist. Carl Restivo and Sean McNabb are gone. Sean McNabb seemed to want to focus on

his acting career as he had posted a pic of himself with a short haircut on Instagram saying he'd have a better chance of getting different acting roles with the haircut. Tanya OCallaghan is the bassist now. Alistair James is 

the rhythm guitarist. As for Constantine, it looks like he wanted to do more Broadway type shows. He did a show with a symphony orchestra in Utah. 

Edited by Houndfan
spelling error
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Muddy said:

He played and wrote drum parts on one of the most popular rock albums of all time , he has every right to continue playing those songs. Stop hating on the guy 

Axl and co are still playing them too , as a matter of fact they are at the end of a huge nostalgia tour with no new album released .

You mean Guns N'Roses are playing Guns N'Roses songs at Guns N'Roses concerts? Alder was thrown out of the band 30 years ago. What makes him more pathetic than most is that he never shut up about it, never let GNR go, never moved on, never did anything worth talking about, and he promotes his little shows as some reality check. 

Edited by Modano09

2 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

That's true. But that's all he has going for him. He played on a popular band's debut album 30 years ago so he keeps clinging to that to get people to see him play those songs in bars. Not quite the same as the more influential/important members of that band playing those songs because they're still in the band or wrote them. 

When you say "he played on a popular bands debut album 30 years ago" you make it sound as if he was not an original member.  Axl was the only original member at one point and played AFD material ,as well as Slash and Duff. How Is it any different?

Why would he stop clinging to that? The material is that strong that people want to hear it 31 years later. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ironmt said:

When you say "he played on a popular bands debut album 30 years ago" you make it sound as if he was not an original member.  Axl was the only original member at one point and played AFD material ,as well as Slash and Duff. How Is it any different?

Why would he stop clinging to that? The material is that strong that people want to hear it 31 years later. 

He should cling to it, it's all he has going for him. But suggesting what he's doing and what GNR are doing is basically the same is ridiculous. I think the issue here is that Alder's never done anything else and whines for decades about how he's not in GNR and decides to do a "how it should be" AFD tour to piggy back off what GNR's actually doing and people want to say that's basically the same as the actual band playing those songs on a massive world tour. 

12 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

He should cling to it, it's all he has going for him. But suggesting what he's doing and what GNR are doing is basically the same is ridiculous. I think the issue here is that Alder's never done anything else and whines for decades about how he's not in GNR and decides to do a "how it should be" AFD tour to piggy back off what GNR's actually doing and people want to say that's basically the same as the actual band playing those songs on a massive world tour. 

Did Axl play Appetite material after saying he wanted to "bury the album" and was the only original member of the band? Did Slash and Duff play Appetite material when they were no longer members of the band? 

On 26/08/2018 at 7:15 PM, YourMother'sDruthers said:

How sad that Steven can't move on from AFD. He could've joined another band after GNR, he could join another band NOW. No, he just wants to play in GNR cover bands. Furthermore, it's time to move on from that haircut.

How sad that Axl can't move on from AFD and old GNR songs from nearly three decades ago. He could have buried all of that and give the world his modern and current and layered musical vision, he could stop playing GNR songs now and focus on his modern and current and layered music and he could release Chinese 2 and 3 and 4 NOW. No, he just wants to play in GNR cover bands. Furthermore, it's time to move on from that curly-haired guitar guy, he is so 80s!

:rofl-lol:

8 hours ago, ironmt said:

Did Axl play Appetite material after saying he wanted to "bury the album" and was the only original member of the band? Did Slash and Duff play Appetite material when they were no longer members of the band? 

Well Axl's the lead singer of GNR so you understand why he would perform GNR songs at GNR concerts. Duff, I'm not sure, but Slash did play GNR songs. Because he's best known for GNR and wrote a lot of them so he mixed them into his shows while he was touring his latest album. Meanwhile Adler's throwing shit fits that he's not in GNR and playing bars with a GNR cover band promoted as Appetite For Destruction the way it's supposed to be because the only other thing he's done in his career was Celebrity Rehab. 

• Like 2