New Adler's Appetite - Paradise City

6 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Well Axl's the lead singer of GNR so you understand why he would perform GNR songs at GNR concerts. Duff, I'm not sure, but Slash did play GNR songs. Because he's best known for GNR and wrote a lot of them so he mixed them into his shows while he was touring his latest album. Meanwhile Adler's throwing shit fits that he's not in GNR and playing bars with a GNR cover band promoted as Appetite For Destruction the way it's supposed to be because the only other thing he's done in his career was Celebrity Rehab. 

I am not going to continue to go back and forth with you because you have a clear agenda that Is obvious to everyone following this thread. Slash was permitted to play Guns N Roses songs because that Is what he Is  "best known for" yet Steven Adler Is not, even though that Is what he Is best known for.

Your argument Is ridiculous to say the least. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ironmt said:

I am not going to continue to go back and forth with you because you have a clear agenda that Is obvious to everyone following this thread. Slash was permitted to play Guns N Roses songs because that Is what he Is  "best known for" yet Steven Adler Is not, even though that Is what he Is best known for.

Your argument Is ridiculous to say the least. 

I didn't say Adler can't play GNR songs. I'm saying Adler playing the songs from the one album he recorded with GNR 30 years ago in cover bands at bars isn't the same as GNR playing GNR songs at GNR concerts. 

Edited by Modano09

16 hours ago, -Jaro- said:

Well, again "Steven should" posts... or Axl shoul, or Slash should...

They do what they know and what they want  and it's up to us to follow or not... 

There’s a lot truth on it, actually that’s the real deal..but you know, people love to dictate what others should to do and intentionally ignore what they themselves should do. That’s kind sad too. :shrugs:

14 hours ago, EvanG said:

Why are female bass players always so hot?

Esperanza Spalding, D'Arcy Wretzky, Paz Lenchantin, Melissa Auf der Maur, Sting.

Probably because when a band of guys brings in a female bass player they don't want an ugly girl to hang out with.  Sting:lol:

On 8/27/2018 at 10:04 PM, Muddy said:

He played and wrote drum parts on one of the most popular rock albums of all time , he has every right to continue playing those songs. Stop hating on the guy 

Axl and co are still playing them too , as a matter of fact they are at the end of a huge nostalgia tour with no new album released .

Again, one has nothing to do with the other. I saw the the nostalgia tour the first time they came around and declined to attend the second time, due to no new music. I won't see them again until they release new music, or at least include Izzy  (and to a lesser extent, Steven). Axl is also resting on his laurels, but he DID make 4 more albums than Steven. This thread isnt about Axl though, it's about Steven, and I'm not "hating", just saying it's said he could never move on.

On 8/28/2018 at 2:55 AM, ludurigan said:

How sad that Axl can't move on from AFD and old GNR songs from nearly three decades ago. He could have buried all of that and give the world his modern and current and layered musical vision, he could stop playing GNR songs now and focus on his modern and current and layered music and he could release Chinese 2 and 3 and 4 NOW. No, he just wants to play in GNR cover bands. Furthermore, it's time to move on from that curly-haired guitar guy, he is so 80s!

:rofl-lol:

Although I recognize you're trying to be funny, I agree with your entire post, aside from the last sentence. Not sure why everyone keeps bringing up Axl in a Steven thread though...

Honestly, I didn't think this was bad at all.

Not sure what the big problem is.

Here's my only issue with the continuous Adler playing AFD for years thing:

If he would randomly hammer out Coma or Chinese Democracy for the heck of it, he could erase a lot of arguments about him not being able to handle the new stuff. Surely someone in the business has told him this...

• Like 1

At what point does playing AFD night after night get old for Steven? He's like a one-trick pony. 

And then on the flip side, you have Axl who has been playing AFD heavy setlists consistently since 2001. With NITL, the setlist is bloated to the gills with covers and AFD.

It seems like Axl and Steven love to live in the past and rehash themselves. The only difference is that one is getting paid millions while the other is tossed some loose change for a night's work.

Edited by RONIN

14 hours ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Although I recognize you're trying to be funny, I agree with your entire post, aside from the last sentence. Not sure why everyone keeps bringing up Axl in a Steven thread though...

i just brought up axl because axl has been doing the very same "sad" things that you mentioned that steven adler does

there are 3 differences though

1- axl is making zillions of dollars, steven is not

2 - axl presents his band as "GNR", steven does not

3- axl is a shadow the performer he used to be, steven is not

oh, yeah, last line was a very poor attempt to be funny as you properly noticed

21 hours ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Again, one has nothing to do with the other. I saw the the nostalgia tour the first time they came around and declined to attend the second time, due to no new music. I won't see them again until they release new music, or at least include Izzy  (and to a lesser extent, Steven). Axl is also resting on his laurels, but he DID make 4 more albums than Steven. This thread isnt about Axl though, it's about Steven, and I'm not "hating", just saying it's said he could never move on.

Always thought Steven should be playing in a supergroup type band like hollywood vampires or dead dasies kind of band. Covers and originals.... incorporate 1 GNR song but a deep cut. 

Is that kevin from the wonder years as your avartar?.

Edited by Sydney Fan

7 hours ago, ludurigan said:

i just brought up axl because axl has been doing the very same "sad" things that you mentioned that steven adler does

Again, I AGREE with you lol, it's just that the thread was about Steven, so that's who I was talking about... only difference is Axl has been in the band 33 years with dozens of songwriting credits and Steven was in the band for 5 years, 28 years ago. My original point is Steven could've built on his legacy (yes I know Axl could've, too, and Axl's failure to do so during the CD years is even more tragic in my eyes). 

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

Always thought Steven should be playing in a supergroup type band like hollywood vampires or dead dasies kind of band. Covers and originals.... incorporate 1 GNR song but a deep cut. 

Is that kevin from the wonder years as your avartar?.

Yes, that would've and still could be a good move for Steven. I'd rather see him in GNR, but that's not gonna happen. 

And YES, Kevin from the wonder years, indeed.

1 minute ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Again, I AGREE with you lol, it's just that the thread was about Steven, so that's who I was talking about... only difference is Axl has been in the band 33 years with dozens of songwriting credits and Steven was in the band for 5 years, 28 years ago. My original point is Steven could've built on his legacy (yes I know Axl could've, too, and Axl's failure to do so during the CD years is even more tragic in my eyes). 

Yes, that would've and still could be a good move for Steven. I'd rather see him in GNR, but that's not gonna happen. 

And YES, Kevin from the wonder years, indeed.

Pity poor Kev probably didnt get a chance to bang winnie. 

Edited by Sydney Fan

8 hours ago, ludurigan said:

Axl's making zillions of dollars because Axl Rose is a rock icon, Steven is not.

Axl presents his band as GNR because it is GNR and he's in the band, Steven is not.

Axl can't sing the way he used to, Steven can't talk the way he used to, things happen.

15 hours ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

only difference is Axl has been in the band 33 years with dozens of songwriting credits and Steven was in the band for 5 years, 28 years ago. My original point is Steven could've built on his legacy (yes I know Axl could've, too, and Axl's failure to do so during the CD years is even more tragic in my eyes).

yeah sure

i disagree a bit with you

as i see "the band" was over in 1991 when izzy LEFT

its remains kept on touring for two more years

and released a cover album that was mostly already recorded

then it officially broke up in 1995 or 1996 when two of the three remaining members couldn't deal with axl anymore and did the same thing izzy did before -- they LEFT

is there a pattern here?

axl hasn't been able to write, arrange, record and release a great song since the illusion albums

he wrote, arranged, recorded and released a solo album which is massively ignored outside of these forums due to its obvious lack of good songs

yeah, sure steven could have done way more, should have done a way more, its a shame he didn't do more

the very same can be said about axl i suppose

• GNFNR 1

13 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Axl's making zillions of dollars because Axl Rose is a rock icon, Steven is not.

Axl presents his band as GNR because it is GNR and he's in the band, Steven is not.

Axl can't sing the way he used to, Steven can't talk the way he used to, things happen.

yeah! being a rock icon is very important! it's all about being a rock icon! I love rock icons and I love young people who weren't around when GN'R existed and have the guts to say that any of the five guys in GNR is NOT a rock icon!

yeah it surely is GN'R! I always thought it was Axl plus a band of yes-men on salary but if you say it is GN'R, then it has to be!

steven talking problems do not affect his playing!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lio said:

Well, you clearly thought wrong. Now give it up.

please never stop telling me what to do and how to think and what opinions I should have, it gets better and better!

please let me know if you can teach me how to be intolerant to other people's opinions!

you seem to be very good at it! you are always telling me to shut up, it's brilliant!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ludurigan said:

yeah! being a rock icon is very important! it's all about being a rock icon! I love rock icons and I love young people who weren't around when GN'R existed and have the guts to say that any of the five guys in GNR is NOT a rock icon!

yeah it surely is GN'R! I always thought it was Axl plus a band of yes-men on salary but if you say it is GN'R, then it has to be!

steven talking problems do not affect his playing!

When was the last time you saw a Steven Adler t-shirt at the mall?

The current line up has 3/5 of the original members, how is that not GNR?