New Adler's Appetite - Paradise City

7 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Seriously, people will hear what they want to hear. The guys sounds better than Axl has in decades. He impressed the shit out of me before he ever joined Steven's band.. Gn'R tribute singers are brutal but this guy does a great job.

I think he is OK as a singer who imitates Axl, sounds definitely better than the couple of the band's previous singers that I've listened to. But I have to agree with @Tom2112 on one thing; I think he should drop Axl's moves/mannerisms on stage, because he is not Axl. 

Edited by Fourteenbeers

4 hours ago, ludurigan said:

yes yes yes it is very very important to be an icon and people need to know who you are and people need to be able to buy t-shirts with your face on them!

:rofl-lol:

I posted this in another thread but given the t-shirt comments thought I should post it here as well. In the early days every GNR shirt had all 5 members on it, aside from these white ones they brought out with Lies on the back, but a different shirt/song for each member on the front.

You don't really see or hear about them anymore. But there was an official GNR shirt with Adler and only Adler on the front, and people knew who he was !! Because the dynamic has shifted so much over the last 28 years where it is so much about Axl and Slash, but back then all 5 members mattered pretty close to equally.

The shot below is from the August 1990 edition of Hot Metal, the local metal mag in Oz, obviously the shirts I'm talking about are on the left.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/883ddb963245404

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Euchre said:

I posted this in another thread but given the t-shirt comments thought I should post it here as well. In the early days every GNR shirt had all 5 members on it, aside from these white ones they brought out with Lies on the back, but a different shirt/song for each member on the front.

You don't really see or hear about them anymore. But there was an official GNR shirt with Adler and only Adler on the front, and people knew who he was !! Because the dynamic has shifted so much over the last 28 years where it is so much about Axl and Slash, but back then all 5 members mattered pretty close to equally.

The shot below is from the August 1990 edition of Hot Metal, the local metal mag in Oz, obviously the shirts I'm talking about are on the left.

sure mate!

it's just comical how people who weren't alive at the time -- and thus have NO IDEA of what happened -- choose to be ignorant and to believe that nothing ever happened before they arrived in this world!

it's comical!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Euchre said:

Aww, memories. My friend had the Steven shirt :)

6 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I get that and that was the worst part of that PC video.. He even dressed like him with the leather pants and snakeskin boots while doing "the Ritz" stage moves.. The other videos I have seen from these shows he wasn't dressed like that though and didn't seem to be emulating Axl's stage moves so much.. He has been in a tribute band for years though so at this point it is probably just second nature while he is singing those songs..

Anyway, it may not be for everyone but I am a huge Guns fan.. The band sounds tight and I would have a blast having some drinks and going to see that for short money.. Just celebrating the music that I have loved for a long ass time in a club atmosphere.. With a drummer that played on my favorite album of all time. 

Yeh, I can even see myself going if it was near me and not expensive. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Are you serious? You think he sounds worse than this?

Well no, of course not😅. If that was a typical performance, I'd accept this as an argument against what I was talking about, however! I was really talking about a normal 2011/12 show, that isn''t Rio or Bridge school😁

But Adler's new guy, is a decent singer and he does the songs justice. In my opinion Axl at half mast is still the better version though... Based on - Axl is singing using his own voice, while the other guy is trying to do a soundalike.