Slash Made $45M in 2017 According to Ex-Wife

11 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yeah or business partner or something like that, but what I meant is that (like @Ratam said) Slash worked hard for everything that he's earned while she kind of sat back and enjoyed the rewards. Idk how in depth her involvement was with the business side of things but she certainly doesn't deserve as much as she's getting.

But that's not how things are when you are legally married.

Legal marriage, as we all know, not what religion tells you, is a civil society or union that is basically formed for financial reasons. When you get married and form a family money belongs to both of them. It's not Slash's house or Slash¡s car or Slash's hard work, it belongs to both of them, whether you like it or not and if you don't like it, don't get married.

You are no one to say how much she deserves or not because you've not been there, you don't know what she went through, you don't even know if he allowed her to work or not (excellent point raised by @alfierose, btw) and on top of that, she had two children and she's always been in charged of them. Actually, she is still in charge of them most of the time, so I'm sorry but what you think she deserves is just your fantasy, not the reality.

More over so, I see that Meegan doesn't have a job either, she seems to be exclusively dedicating her life to support Slash in the tours, being his companion and support 24/7.... with this I see some sort of pattern here... it pretty much looks like he is the kind of guy who needs a woman by his side the whole time, so maybe this is why he has agreed to pay all that money to Perla. He seems to enjoy the "provider" role.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Towlie said:

My bad, I read it as 0.9% :facepalm:

But there are sources telling exactly this:

The rocker agreed to make a $6,627,352 equalization payment to Perla Ferrar to settle their divorce, according to The Blast. He will also pay $100,000 per month in spousal support and $39,000 in child support. Their children will also collect 1.8 percent of his income until 2036.

https://www.google.de/amp/s/pagesix.com/2018/09/05/slash-to-pay-ex-wife-over-6-million-in-divorce-settlement/amp/

10 hours ago, Free Bird said:

But there are sources telling exactly this:

The rocker agreed to make a $6,627,352 equalization payment to Perla Ferrar to settle their divorce, according to The Blast. He will also pay $100,000 per month in spousal support and $39,000 in child support. Their children will also collect 1.8 percent of his income until 2036.

https://www.google.de/amp/s/pagesix.com/2018/09/05/slash-to-pay-ex-wife-over-6-million-in-divorce-settlement/amp/

.09% for each child until 2036 so .18% total for the children.

Edited by BlueJean Baby

5 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

.09% for each child until 2036 so 1.8% total for the children.

Honestly, I don't get this rule with your dezimal mark. 

So as I know it, it's either 0.9% for each child so 1.8% for both. 

That's 45,000,000 x 0.009 = 405,000

Or it is 0.09%. Then the children would get together 0.18% which would be for each 45,000,000 x 0.0009 = 45,000

Per year.

Or if you take the period of 20 years from 2016 until 2036 and 0.09% then it would be 1.8% for each kid and a total of 3.6% of Slash's income.

Fuck it I hate maths

Edited by Free Bird

10 hours ago, killuridols said:

You are no one to say how much she deserves or not because you've not been there, you don't know what she went through, you don't even know if he allowed her to work or not (excellent point raised by @alfierose, btw) and on top of that, she had two children and she's always been in charged of them. Actually, she is still in charge of them most of the time, so I'm sorry but what you think she deserves is just your fantasy, not the reality.

It's so surreal to read this sort of thing here at MyGnR forum. A place where we are allowed to express our opinions even though we don’t  know what really happens or happened to band members and/or  people around them. We try to guess or fantasize what happens or what happened and based on this we judge, blame, insult, depreciate ... It was always like this! So why does Perla deserve a different treatment? :shrugs:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, GNRmello77 said:

I don't understand how Perla can live with herself after this honestly! Basically stealing from the father of their children, the man she once loved I guess if love exists in richland?? She should be ashamed of herself for even wanting this. Slash worked hard to get where he is, came from nothing Guns came from the gutter. And he toured And recorded bis ass off years after GN'R. And she Just sits there in her jacuzzi with her fake tits paid by Slash as well spreading her legs once Slash returns from months of touring.. So messed up. I hope whatever comes in the afterlife won't be soft on her. 

:facepalm:

She was his manager, run all his companies, as well as being the primary caregiver of their two children. That is what has been reported over the years. I don't know where you guys get the idea that she was just sitting on her ass. For all we know she worked as hard if not harder than Slash. 

And how is she stealing anything? Slash made her an offer and she accepted. Hopefully they are both happy with the arrangement.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, Derick said:

It's so surreal to read this sort of thing here at MyGnR forum. A place where we are allowed to express our opinions even though we don’t  know what really happens or happened to band members and/or  people around them. We try to guess or fantasize what happens or what happened and based on this we judge, blame, insult, depreciate ... It was always like this! So why does Perla deserve a different treatment? :shrugs:

I dont think insulting band members it is allowed here. Neither it is to insult their family. Whether you like it or not, Perla will always be Slash's sons mother, therefore she is family to him, even if they are divorced. 

I'm not saying people shouldn't voice their opinion but the way you do it makes a difference between criticism and nastiness. 

Talking about her spreading her legs and paid tits is misogynist and it reduces her to a disposable object, which is very wrong.

Perla was married to Slash for more than a decade and has two children with him. I think not even Slash thinks so low of her, like some of his bitter fans do.

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 3:55 AM, sidman69 said:

https://gnrcentral.com/2018/08/27/guns-n-roses-guitarist-slashs-earnings-from-2017-revealed/

Slash is apparently losing "Patience" with his wife over how long the divorce settlement is taking. Her lawyers claim Slash has not properly represented his earnings and that he reportedly made $45M last year. Good God if that is true imagine how much Axl is making! Slash apparently revealed he was previously making $345K per month prior to the GNR reunion.

About $45 was mine! It should have got the anti-white-racists off my back, but I don't think it has!! :facepalm:

17 hours ago, killuridols said:

I dont think insulting band members it is allowed here. Neither it is to insult their family.

I don't think the aliens or that shitty nanny with her kids or those cash grab tour guys agree with you.

I'm not saying people shouldn't voice their opinion but the way you do it makes a difference between criticism and nastiness.

Do you know where you are? Oh God! Hypocrisy says hi over here. :facepalm:

Talking about her spreading her legs and paid tits is misogynist and it reduces her to a disposable object, which is very wrong.

There is nothing more misogynist than this kind of agreement. According to this agreement a woman is unable to afford her own expenses, unable to work and provide for her own needs and even the children already receiving from the father enough money for their expenses she will be paid for something. And this something would be for what? For being his manager? Have the previous managers also received this kind of money even if they no longer provide services for him? For her support while they were married? So this support is something monetarized, so don´t take offense when treated as an object. Anyway..all this shitty goes against feminism (the real one) or any attempt to break all these patriarchal ideology. "which is very wrong". :thumbsup:

Perla was married to Slash for more than a decade and has two children with him. I think not even Slash thinks so low of her, like some of his bitter fans do.

C´mom! He probably agreed to pay all this inasane money just to get rid of her. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Derick said:

I don't think the aliens or that shitty nanny with her kids or those cash grab tour guys agree with you.

This, very much! Or the leeches or grandpas or fatasses or lazy asses or whatever. Double standards everywhere!

As for the rest: I think the US system is crazy, but that has nothing to do with Perla or Slash. I don't really care who gets how much, I think it's all ridiculously much though and these people are wasting their time fighting for surplus money that won't make them happier in the end.

• Like 1

Ok, I give one more (less hostile/judgemental ) point of view on this subject. I've been pretty brutal on this thread. 

Let's give Perla the benefit of the doubt and assume that money and fame was NOT all she saw in Slash, when they met/got together. People can fall in love with charismatic/attractive  people, whether they are rock stars or someone else.  

Let's assume that she was his manager who actually worked as one (there are probably lot of people who are managers, assistants etc. in name only -they don't really do anything) She is also the mother of his children and has raised them, that is something that shouldn't be overlooked.  All these things considered, I wouldn't say that a person in this situation should be kicked to the curb without a penny after a divorce. Like it has been stated, Slash is a wealthy guy and if he can easily afford to give her a good, financially secured life and it works for them, then so be it, I'm not going to organize a protest against it.

But this is where my good will/benefit of the doubt ends. There's being financially secured and then there's being unreasonable and greedy. 

The real issue IMO is that she tried to get more money from him because of the NITLT- tour. This is something I will never agree on, because:

- the tour begin long after they were already broken up, so I doubt this increase in Slash's income had any direct affect on her situation (if anyone has some other information about this, you can correct me, I don't follow her on media, because TBH I'm not really that interested) 

- Perla was not the one who brought Axl and Slash together and made this tour possible in the first place. Though the financial pressure caused by the divorce probably motivated Slash to make up with Axl, I still believe NITLT would've happened no matter what. There was just too much much money to be made and these guys are not ascetics.

- the reason why this tour has been a huge success and it has made Slash considerably wealthier than he was before, is the fame and the legacy this band has: they where the biggest rock band in the world -Guns N' Fucking Roses. And that legacy/fame was already created when Slash and Perla met, it had absolutely nothing to do with her. 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Derick said:

:question:

Again... what? Are you calling me a hypocrite or something? I am FAR from being a hypocrite. I have never iinsulted people the way you and the other person did.

I DO disagree with many things and I exercise a strong criticism sometimes, but most of the time I do it with respect.... sometimes I joke about things, but I have never gone the lengths some people go here. So I don't know what you're facepalming at....

There is nothing more misogynist than this kind of agreement. According to this agreement a woman is unable to afford her own expenses, unable to work and provide for her own needs and even the children already receiving from the father enough money for their expenses she will be paid for something. And this something would be for what? For being his manager? Have the previous managers also received this kind of money even if they no longer provide services for him? For her support while they were married? So this support is something monetarized, so don´t take offense when treated as an object. Anyway..all this shitty goes against feminism (the real one) or any attempt to break all these patriarchal ideology. "which is very wrong". :thumbsup:

This agreement has nothing to do with misoginy. It's more of a patriarchal thing, I agree with that, but why are you focusing on Perla when the patriarch of this game is Slash :question:

What we have here is two people who agreed to enter the old fashioned institution of marriage and now that one of them wants to get out of it, he has to follow the rules and the shit he agreed to when he entered such institution.

You may think it is unfair, yeah I can give you that. You may think it is too much, well, that's your opinion. But outsiders opinions here don't matter because this agreement was agreed between two parts and they are both abiding by it. That's all there is to it..... It's like, you just sold your house... who sets the value of it?? Some people will tell you that you asked too much, some people will say that you undersold it, but ultimately, you made a deal with somebody else and you both tried to gain as much as you could out of it.

It's really funny how so many people think that marriage = love.... Civil marriage is a partnershiip.... don't they teach these things in school?? Well, I think they should, because based on the opinion of so many of you, it seems like you are all unaware of what really implies to GET MARRIED, with papers.......

5 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

But this is where my good will/benefit of the doubt ends. There's being financially secured and then there's being unreasonable and greedy. 

The real issue IMO is that she tried to get more money from him because of the NITLT- tour. This is something I will never agree on, because:

- the tour begin long after they were already broken up, so I doubt this increase in Slash's income had any direct affect on her situation (if anyone has some other information about this, you can correct me, I don't follow her on media, because TBH I'm not really that interested) 

- Perla was not the one who brought Axl and Slash together and made this tour possible in the first place. Though the financial pressure caused by the divorce probably motivated Slash to make up with Axl, I still believe NITLT would've happened no matter what. There was just too much much money to be made and these guys are not ascetics.

- the reason why this tour has been a huge success and it has made Slash considerably wealthier than he was before, is the fame and the legacy this band has: they where the biggest rock band in the world -Guns N' Fucking Roses. And that legacy/fame was already created when Slash and Perla met, it had absolutely nothing to do with her. 

I think all those rumours are just rumours and the reasons why Slash and Axl got back together may be more than one, actually. But I don't think people in general attributes the sucess of the tour to Perla... :question:

Yeah, probably she tried to get more money from him knowing that he was back with Guns N' Roses but I also think she felt he wanted to divorce so that he wouldn't give her part of what was coming. Maybe her lawyers adviced her about that.

I really don't know a lot about their process of divorce... what's the date when Slash filed the petition?... that would clear up some things.... because they were going to divorce before, right? and later it was cancelled.... What I know is that she considers Slash cheated on her when he started dating Meegan..... so that could be one more reason for her asking more money.... I think we don't have all the necessary elements to give an accurate opinion on this case, or at least I don't have them. The nature of the law in Los Angeles is the key here because that's the framework for this whole thing, regardless of our opinions and morality, this is basically an agreement ruled by laws and nothing can be done about it.

I mean, opinions are allowed of course, but overlooking the laws is dumb.... is commenting on the air, on how we'd wish things were but not on how they really are.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Derick said:

The law is the same for men and women. If the roles were reversed and she was the one with the money, she'd be the one paying him. There is a growing number of women paying spousal support/alimony.

The marriage was Slash's second so surely he must have known what he was getting into. If he had a giant problem with the person he married benefiting from his success, he probably shouldn't have married at all. There's no use crying over spilled milk now. (Not that Slash is the one crying.)

I suppose the fact that divorces are so common has led a lot of people into thinking that marriage is something to be taken lightly and that it has no permanent consequences to your life. My advice is, do not get married without first educating yourself on what it entails. Do not make commitments and then expect to break them without it costing you anything.

Edited by Scream of the Butterfly
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

I suppose the fact that divorces are so common has led a lot of people into thinking that marriage is something to be taken lightly and that it has no permanent consequences to your life. My advice is, do not get married without at first educating yourself on what it entails. Do not make commitments and then expect to break them without it costing you anything.

TOTALLY THIS!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

The real issue IMO is that she tried to get more money from him because of the NITLT- tour.

Well, Slash tried to low ball her at the beginning of the NITLT tour by claiming they were never properly married in the first place. 

I think he brought it on himself that she didn’t just let that go but she fought back. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

I think all those rumours are just rumours and the reasons why Slash and Axl got back together may be more than one, actually. But I don't think people in general attributes the sucess of the tour to Perla... :question:

I wasn't trying to imply that people think Perla had anything to do with the reunion, that part was just stating the obvious. 

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

I think we don't have all the necessary elements to give an accurate opinion on this case, or at least I don't have them. The nature of the law in Los Angeles is the key here because that's the framework for this whole thing, regardless of our opinions and morality, this is basically an agreement ruled by laws and nothing can be done about it. mean, opinions are allowed of course, but overlooking the laws is dumb.... is commenting on the air, on how we'd wish things were but not on how they really are.

That's the thing, I'm not a lawyer quoting a law here, just a random fan stating my opinions on a fan forum. No doubt they will handle these things within the law. My opinions don't have anything to do with it.  But they are heavily influenced by a) the fact that I'm not a rich person getting a divorce and b) the society I've grown up in, which is quite different from the one in the US, when comes to these things and c) (like you said) I don't know all the facts.   But then again, if not knowing all the facts would be a reason to not discuss about Gn'R related subjects, this would be pretty a quiet forum.

But as @Scream of the Butterfly very well stated, people definitely should consider all the consequences a marriage can have before entering it.  

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Well, Slash tried to low ball her at the beginning of the NITLT tour by claiming they were never properly married in the first place. 

I think he brought it on himself that she didn’t just let that go but she fought back. 

Yeah, that was a really cheap shot from him, I could've added that to my comment, since I was trying to be more objective.  :( 

Edited by Fourteenbeers

8 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

But then again, if not knowing all the facts would be a reason to not discuss about Gn'R related subjects, this would be pretty a quiet forum.

That's not what I meant........ but I think that many of the harsh opinions in here and the ones attacking Perla are directly related with not knowing the details of the arrangement, not knowing elements of their relationship, which are crucial because this is (was) a marriage, and an overall misunderstanding of the implications of getting legally married.