AFD Locked & Loaded Discounts: Now $399

2 hours ago, Nalbi said:

Hope @Nodnarb901's situation will be quickly resolved, because outside of that, I don't think any of us can complain about how everything has been handled.
Got the best deal I could ever wish for, thanks everyone for sharing!

Thank you and me too.

Because they were able to get you guys the discount after the purchase, I’m assuming they they care about customer service. I’m glad most on here got their box set and are enjoying them. I’m not upset or jealous in any way. I’m glad that we all got such a great deal! 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Nodnarb901 said:

Thank you and me too.

Because they were able to get you guys the discount after the purchase, I’m assuming they they care about customer service. I’m glad most on here got their box set and are enjoying them. I’m not upset or jealous in any way. I’m glad that we all got such a great deal! 

Thanks man, we just hope you get sorted as well. They do seem to care, so I'm hoping it will work out. If you are able to call their UK number in the next 4 hours or so, now would be a good time to call as it's 13:25 here now. I wish I could call them for you but I know they asked me loads of data protection questions which I wouldn't be able to answer.

59 minutes ago, DeathCubeUK said:

Thanks man, we just hope you get sorted as well. They do seem to care, so I'm hoping it will work out. If you are able to call their UK number in the next 4 hours or so, now would be a good time to call as it's 13:25 here now. I wish I could call them for you but I know they asked me loads of data protection questions which I wouldn't be able to answer.

Thank you for the support. I have decided to let Paypal do their thing and see what happens. I'm not going to contact them anymore (have sent quite a few emails). According to Paypal, they have not responded to them when they email them about this. If they don't respond to paypal by Monday, it looks like paypal will refund my money.

Edited by Nodnarb901

16 hours ago, RussTCB said:

AWESOME! Glad to hear man! I still can't believe what a deal we got! I never expected to get that refund but I'm really glad we both did!

Sorry, I am bit confused: Whats the reason for the refund you guys received? Is it because the turntables are out of stock? 

Or is it because of the massive price drop since the original release date?

3 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Sorry, I am bit confused: Whats the reason for the refund you guys received? Is it because the turntables are out of stock? 

When we all first ordered, the price for the bundle was $849 CAD. Then it dropped to $679 CAD after we ordred due to a holiday discount code. The site decided to honor the different in price with the discount code and gave us refunds. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

We ordered the bundle at $849 CDN (end of November) and not long after, they had a 20% discount code for Christmas (a $170 saving), so they refunded the 20% difference.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Thanks guys. I am happy for you 😃 

I bought this sucker for 1000€. Meanwhile it was 499€, now its 650€ in Germany. I think I will ask for a refund as well, even tough I got zero expectations to receive anything. 

Thanks man. I was thinking about the refund and I think because @RussTCB and I ordered it around the same time (on pre-order for 28th November), and it didn't get shipped for quite a while (I sent an email dated 6th December chasing it), by the time the discount came out, we could have in theory returned it under warranty and purchased it again at the discounted price. Clearly that wouldn't have made sense for us to pay for shipping it back to them, so it was still really generous of them to refund us the difference.

How long ago did you buy yours? I would chance an email to see if they could refund any of the money given you paid almost double. You never know, you just need the right person to pick up your email at the other end 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeathCubeUK said:

@Nodnarb901 Haha that's awesome man! I was wondering what had happened.

Can't believe what a deal it turned out to be lol. Glad it worked out 😉👍

Will be funny if your turntable one day turns up as well 🤣

I wouldn't be surprised either. As bad as they are about checking email, I bet they don't even know I was issued a refund.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nodnarb901 said:

Well I wanted to give everyone an update: They never responded to paypal's claim email within the 10 day time frame. Because of that, Paypal issued me a FULL refund! While I didn't ever get the turntable, I got the box set and a phono pre-amp for free!!!

I sold my un-opened Super deluxe edition from the box set (I kept the opened one I bought in June and put it back in the box set) for $90. 

I found someone selling a new un-opened GNR turntable on ebay for $290 shipped and bought it. 

With my $90 credit from selling the SDE, I ended up paying $200 for the Turntable, Box set, and pre-amp by the time was all said and done!

Well you ended up getting the best deal of all of us :lol:

Good on you for staying on top of things and getting it handled!

55 minutes ago, DeathCubeUK said:

@Nodnarb901 Haha that's awesome man! I was wondering what had happened.

Can't believe what a deal it turned out to be lol. Glad it worked out 😉👍

Will be funny if your turntable one day turns up as well 🤣

I honestly wouldn't be surprised one bit if that happened!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Nodnarb901 said:

Well, as crazy as this may sound, Fed Ex just dropped off my second turntable! I will end up giving this one to my son for his birthday next week.

I ended up with the L&L box set, phono pre-amp, and two GNR turntables all for $200.

Hahaha!! No way man. I was joking about that happening, but a part of me did think it was possible.

You definitely got the best deal! Your son will be over the moon (and awesome timing!) 😉 

10 minutes ago, DeathCubeUK said:

Hahaha!! No way man. I was joking about that happening, but a part of me did think it was possible.

You definitely got the best deal! Your son will be over the moon (and awesome timing!) 😉 

I'm pretty excited.

The really cool thing is, after I got my first GNR turntable (one I bought off ebay), my son just thought it was the coolest thing ever. Then for his birthday wanted his very own turntable and some records.

We had picked out a turntable for him that was cheaper than the GNR one. Now that this one showed up, he of course wants that one. He did make a cool observation. We will have 2 of only 100 of these turntables in our house. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, Nodnarb901 said:

Well, as crazy as this may sound, Fed Ex just dropped off my second turntable! I will end up giving this one to my son for his birthday next week.

I ended up with the L&L box set, phono pre-amp, and two GNR turntables all for $200.

Holy fucking shit, that's awesome! Really happy for you, man! That must suck for the guys that sold it :lol:

10 hours ago, Nodnarb901 said:

I would be happy for you but the reality is that the merchant will end up eating all of the loss.  Paypal will pull the money from the merchant's account and on top of that, the merchant will take the loss for all the merchandise they sent you.

I'm not sure there's a difference between what you did and fraud, tbh.  

Sorry to rain on your parade.  :shrugs:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

I would be happy for you but the reality is that the merchant will end up eating all of the loss.  Paypal will pull the money from the merchant's account and on top of that, the merchant will take the loss for all the merchandise they sent you.

Any legit merchant ships things insured, and if you use FedEx it’s included in their fee. There’s no way of knowing if something lost for weeks will ever he found. FedEx will eat the cost assuming the GNR store cares enough to file the claim.

5 minutes ago, tristanj13 said:

Any legit merchant ships things insured, and if you use FedEx it’s included in their fee. There’s no way of knowing if something lost for weeks will ever he found. FedEx will eat the cost assuming the GNR store cares enough to file the claim.

Fedex/insurance won't eat the cost if they can prove they delivered it.  They track these packages from A to Z...all the way to the delivery address.  And items insured for a large amount usually require signatures.  If they don't require a signature, good chance it wasn't insured.  

19 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

My apologies if this rubs anyone the wrong way, but I do not feel bad about this at all. They took my money and then didn't ship my turntable for a month. In that month's time, they didn't respond to Paypal's emails, they didn't respond to my emails except for automatic response emails that said "they were looking into it and would get back to me". If they are going to ignore their customers when they have a problem, then I do not feel bad. If you do a Google search on digitalstores.co.uk (the company that manages musicvaltz and a few other music webstores), you will see the terrible reviews they have from taking customer's money and either never shipping the items, and not responding to emails.

hopefully they will learn to respond to emails in a more timely manner. 

Now for they really crazy part: This morning Fed Ex Delivered yet another turntable to me. So now I have 3 of them. One for me, one for my son, and one to sell. 

This tells me they still haven't checked their emails from paypal to see that I got a refund. 

So the way I look at it: I scammed a scammer and it feels good.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, Nodnarb901 said:

My apologies if this rubs anyone the wrong way, but I do not feel bad about this at all. They took my money and then didn't ship my turntable for a month. In that month's time, they didn't respond to Paypal's emails, they didn't respond to my emails except for automatic response emails that said "they were looking into it and would get back to me". If they are going to ignore their customers when they have a problem, then I do not feel bad. If you do a Google search on digitalstores.co.uk (the company that manages musicvaltz and a few other music webstores), you will see the terrible reviews they have from taking customer's money and either never shipping the items, and not responding to emails.

Now for they really crazy part: This morning Fed Ex Delivered yet another turntable to me. So now I have 3 of them. One for me, one for my son, and one to sell. 

This tells me they still haven't checked their emails from paypal to see that I got a refund. 

Whoa! I kinda wish I'd kept the GNR turntable for myself now, but I gifted it to a friend. Holla if you wanna work out a deal for that extra, extra one! 

3 minutes ago, Nodnarb901 said:

I'd be interested in your extra turntable if you're looking to sell it to someone on here... :)

2 hours ago, Nodnarb901 said:

They're not a scammer if they sent you the merchandise. :lol:  (At least not in your case)

And the fact that they've even issued refunds to others that paid more before it was on sale solidifies that they have treated some people well around here.

Maybe bad customer service but not scammers.

If they don't keep up with their orders, they'll be out of business soon enough, so they are at least partially at fault.

It is what it is. I'm not judging you...:lol:

Edited by Kasanova King