AFD Locked & Loaded Discounts: Now $399

If it dropped to $299 I'd consider it, but I don't think I'd buy it unless it dropped to $199 US.

The Super Deluxe Edition is still about $200 CDN on GNR's site... so not a bad deal for the Americans who picked it up for $40. But I don't care about the cd's or the book or whatever else is in there, the vinyl is the only thing that makes the L&L set worth buying.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If it dropped to $299 I'd consider it, but I don't think I'd buy it unless it dropped to $199 US.

The Super Deluxe Edition is still about $200 CDN on GNR's site... so not a bad deal for the Americans who picked it up for $40. But I don't care about the cd's or the book or whatever else is in there, the vinyl is the only thing that makes the L&L set worth buying.

I'll cross my fingers for ya. I hope it gets to $199 so you can get those records! :)

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

40 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I am thinking they sold a ton of the SD sets once the lowered the price. The one I bought for myself was shipped next day. The 3 I bought as gifts last week haven't shipped yet. 

Would think so, it is sold out on the website. About 6 months ago I bought a digital copy of the Super Deluxe version in FLAC (16-bit/44.1 kHz) for about $40. Missing the Blu-ray, but happy to get CD quality digital files mainly for the demo stuff like November Rain. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lhalver said:

The super deluxe has been holding around $120 on Amazon. Where was it $37?

On the GN'R official store. I bought one and thought it was a steal for $38, especially after I received it. It was made really well IMO.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

If you buy it from there use the code GNR10. If you have already used your GNR10 code just put a different email address in and it will work.

Oh damn.. I used the code for mine but wasn't able to use it for the 3 I bought as gifts. I do have a couple other emails addresses too...  

Id spend at most $200 for it. I’m sorry but a few photocopies of old ads for shows and a couple of tickets plus a poster I could get at my local record store for ten bucks and a cd I already have two copies of and some old demos that Ive already mostly heard is just not worth a grand no matter how you look at it. No way no how.

• Like 1

I received my LAL box set in the mail. It definitely looks awesome. It bugs me though that the skull and crossbones on the door was glued on slightly crooked. Slopes downward. I emailed customer support about it and am awaiting a reply. I am not about to return something and likely pay a fortune in shipping for the return. I am curious if they can send me a replacement right door with a skull and crossbones that's actually aligned properly. The main reason I wanted this was to display the cabinet. Now every time I look at it, I'm like goddamn it, it's crooked.

For something that retailed originally at 1k, that should definitely not happen. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

I received my LAL box set in the mail. It definitely looks awesome. It bugs me though that the skull and crossbones on the door was glued on slightly crooked. Slopes downward. I emailed customer support about it and am awaiting a reply. I am not about to return something and likely pay a fortune in shipping for the return. I am curious if they can send me a replacement right door with a skull and crossbones that's actually aligned properly. The main reason I wanted this was to display the cabinet. Now every time I look at it, I'm like goddamn it, it's crooked.

For something that retailed originally at 1k, that should definitely not happen. 

Mines was the same - it’s bloody annoying! I got mine via Amazon and had to fight tooth and nail to get money off after one of the vinyl covers was marked.

Where did you buy it?

Let me know how you get on anyway out of curiosity....I don’t hold out much hope but you never know. 👍

13 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Mines was the same - it’s bloody annoying! I got mine via Amazon and had to fight tooth and nail to get money off after one of the vinyl covers was marked.

Where did you buy it?

Let me know how you get on anyway out of curiosity....I don’t hold out much hope but you never know. 👍

I got mine from GNR's official site. It's annoying there's no number to call. So I am stuck waiting Universal's response. So your door is the same, huh? Did you address that with Amazon or you were more concerned with the vinyl? Amazon usually has very good customer support.

15 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Where did you buy it?

Damn, is the crooked skull and crossbones thing a widespread issue with these??  Kinda crazy, like Chris said in his post, that multiple members are getting crooked fixtures for what was originally 1,000 bucks!  

1 minute ago, GnR Chris said:

I got mine from GNR's official site. It's annoying there's no number to call. So I am stuck waiting Universal's response. So your door is the same, huh? Did you address that with Amazon or you were more concerned with the vinyl? Amazon usually has very good customer support.

To be fair no - i was more bothered by the vinyl (got $50 off eventually). It took a LOT of pressure to get that - they were wanting me to send the whole box back across the Atlantic because of the marked vinyl cover!!!! So after fighting to get a discount I never approach them about the door.

All other dealings with Support have been seamless however.

3 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Damn, is the crooked skull and crossbones thing a widespread issue with these??  Kinda crazy, like Chris said in his post, that multiple members are getting crooked fixtures for what was originally 1,000 bucks!  

I thought it was just mine TBH! It’s not AWFUL, but I know it’s slightly off.