AFD Locked & Loaded Discounts: Now $399

19 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Fedex/insurance won't eat the cost if they can prove they delivered it.  They track these packages from A to Z...all the way to the delivery address.  And items insured for a large amount usually require signatures.  If they don't require a signature, good chance it wasn't insured.  

But his package took over a month to be delivered. You can file a claim a soon as the expected delivery date has passed and be paid out well before a month!has gone by. I have had to several times in my work, Also all fedex shipments include insurance. It’s one of the reasons it costs more than USPS that only includes insurance automatically with priority mail and even then only $50 worth.

14 minutes ago, tristanj13 said:

But his package took over a month to be delivered. You can file a claim a soon as the expected delivery date has passed and be paid out well before a month!has gone by. I have had to several times in my work, Also all fedex shipments include insurance. It’s one of the reasons it costs more than USPS that only includes insurance automatically with priority mail and even then only $50 worth.

I don't think that's what happened here.  And I'm pretty sure they weren't using FEDEX.  Seems as if the shipments were delayed in part because of the Canadian postal strike, etc.

• 1 month later...

https://www.whathifi.com/news/pro-ject-announces-guns-n-roses-turntable-aint-it-fun

^^^^^^^^^^^^ That was posted in the Unofficial Social Media thread yesterday but I thought I'd post it here too. It would appear all of us who bought the bundle got an AMAZING deal. They're doing to start selling the turntable on it's own for more than we all paid for the bundle!

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

32 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

https://www.whathifi.com/news/pro-ject-announces-guns-n-roses-turntable-aint-it-fun

^^^^^^^^^^^^ That was posted in the Unofficial Social Media thread yesterday but I thought I'd post it here too. It would appear all of us who bought the bundle got an AMAZING deal. They're doing to start selling the turntable on it's own for more than we all paid for the bundle!

That's awesome Russ! I said to my wife the turntable was worth over £400 on its own, now I have the proof lol.

Even getting it all shipped to the UK (with Troccoli's very kind help), I got a great deal with that bundle! 🤘

Kudos to the reviewer for the great puns at the top of the article! 

• Haha 1

So does this mean they are going to make more than 100 of them?

One of the selling points back when we all bought ours, was they were only going to make 100 of them. So now they won't be a limited edition anymore?

I also noticed that in the past when you go to GNRMERCH.com and tried to add 100 locked and loaded box sets to your cart, it would tell you how many more they had left.

Now you can add as many as you want to your cart and it doesn't tell you you can only order xxx amount.

Are they making more Locked and Loaded sets too?

I don't have any right to complain, seeing as I got the mother of all deals on these things. I was just curious.

6 minutes ago, Nodnarb901 said:

So does this mean they are going to make more than 100 of them?

One of the selling points back when we all bought ours, was they were only going to make 100 of them. So now they won't be a limited edition anymore?

I also noticed that in the past when you go to GNRMERCH.com and tried to add 100 locked and loaded box sets to your cart, it would tell you how many more they had left.

Now you can add as many as you want to your cart and it doesn't tell you you can only order xxx amount.

Are they making more Locked and Loaded sets too?

I don't have any right to complain, seeing as I got the mother of all deals on these things. I was just curious.

I'm 100% certain a ton of the original L&L Sets are still available. There were many users trying to make it seem as if WAY more were sold at first, but 10,000 was a ridiculous number to make. I'd be stunned if there's still not 7000+ boxes left at this point.

As for the turntable, I'm not sure why they claimed it was limited. Pro-Ject makes many varities (as in same turntables with other band branding) and they've never been limited previously. I didn't see any reason why the GN'R one would be the only one limited. 

I’m gutted - noticed on Amazon.com on Sunday it was only $499 and they were going to charge only $20 shipping to U.K. Even with import duty that was going to be between £400 and £450 - compared to the £659 on U.K. GNR site or £900 on Amazon.co.uk that’s a bargain.

Monday lunchtime arrives and I’m ready to purchase....and it’s gone up to $897!!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

I have messaged them to ask if this ‘is an error’ based on the fact that the US GNR site retails at $499 (but wants to charge $350 to ship.....) and will see what they say. Gutted - but hope a similar deal appears at Easter or something!!!

Edited by DTJ80
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I’m gutted - noticed on Amazon.com on Sunday it was only $499 and they were going to charge only $20 shipping to U.K. Even with import duty that was going to be between £400 and £450 - compared to the £659 on U.K. GNR site or £900 on Amazon.co.uk that’s a bargain.

Monday lunchtime arrives and I’m ready to purchase....and it’s gone up to $897!!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

I have messaged them to ask if this ‘is an error’ based on the fact that the US GNR site retails at $499 (but wants to charge $350 to ship.....) and will see what they say. Gutted - but hope a similar deal appears at Easter or something!!!

I saw that this weekend on Amazon as well. It was on the side when I was looking at something else. I thought, man that is good they are matching the GNRMERCH.com site price. Then this morning when looking at Amazon again it popped up as something I would be interested in and the price was $897.00. I hope you can get one for $500.

4 hours ago, Nodnarb901 said:

I saw that this weekend on Amazon as well. It was on the side when I was looking at something else. I thought, man that is good they are matching the GNRMERCH.com site price. Then this morning when looking at Amazon again it popped up as something I would be interested in and the price was $897.00. I hope you can get one for $500.

I should have just sorted it there and then...If I do get anything back I will give you a heads up. 👍

Did anyone in the U.K. buy from Music Vault in Canada? I see them mentioned in the thread and they are doing the turntable deal at about £470. Just wondered how much it cost to ship to U.K. as I would need to register an account to find out?

18 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Did anyone in the U.K. buy from Music Vault in Canada? I see them mentioned in the thread and they are doing the turntable deal at about £470. Just wondered how much it cost to ship to U.K. as I would need to register an account to find out?

Hi mate. I can't figure out how to post photo's but I used Music Vaultz, but I had it shipped free to troccoli in the US, and he shipped it to me here in the UK, which saved my bacon with costs.

Unfortunately, MV charge CDN $549.78 to the UK, so total comes to $1399.77 (£800).

It's still a £425 turntable and the L&L box set for £375, but you will probably have to pay import charges. I was charged for the turntable but not the box set..go figure!

Hope this helps 👍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DeathCubeUK said:

Hi mate. I can't figure out how to post photo's but I used Music Vaultz, but I had it shipped free to troccoli in the US, and he shipped it to me here in the UK, which saved my bacon with costs.

Unfortunately, MV charge CDN $549.78 to the UK, so total comes to $1399.77 (£800).

It's still a £425 turntable and the L&L box set for £375, but you will probably have to pay import charges. I was charged for the turntable but not the box set..go figure!

Hope this helps 👍

That’s really helpful.  And what I feared! I see Amazon have dropped it by about $12 so maybe if I wait until 2020 it will be cheaper if they reduce it every couple of days! 😂

Being serious, I have wait this long so what’s an extra bit of waiting? Although I see they have Amazon Warehouse sales for $399 - but the information is sparse as to what packaging is not original...will maybe chuck them a message and see what I can find out! 👍

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

That’s really helpful.  And what I feared! I see Amazon have dropped it by about $12 so maybe if I wait until 2020 it will be cheaper if they reduce it every couple of days! 😂

Being serious, I have wait this long so what’s an extra bit of waiting? Although I see they have Amazon Warehouse sales for $399 - but the information is sparse as to what packaging is not original...will maybe chuck them a message and see what I can find out! 👍

Yes unfortunately I even contacted Music Vaultz and GNR.ca at the time to see if they would ship it cheaper, and every time I contacted them, digital sales uk responded. Was really weird. When I finally got through to MV and .CA they said shipping was fixed.

If like Russ's link to What HiFi shows, the GN'R turntable is being released here in April, it might be worth seeing if they do a similar bundle for the UK (or asking GNR.co.uk if they will try and bring the price somewhere towards the Canadian deal). 

Good luck with it mate 👍 If you are able to get the turntable with it, do it, it's really awesome!

6 minutes ago, DeathCubeUK said:

Yes unfortunately I even contacted Music Vaultz and GNR.ca at the time to see if they would ship it cheaper, and every time I contacted them, digital sales uk responded. Was really weird. When I finally got through to MV and .CA they said shipping was fixed.

If like Russ's link to What HiFi shows, the GN'R turntable is being released here in April, it might be worth seeing if they do a similar bundle for the UK (or asking GNR.co.uk if they will try and bring the price somewhere towards the Canadian deal). 

Good luck with it mate 👍 If you are able to get the turntable with it, do it, it's really awesome!

Cheers - will see what I can do. Will fire away a few messages and see what happens - if you don’t ask you don’t get!

So got into a chat with Amazon. First they denied any knowledge of a price change. Was asked if I could prove it and they would refund the difference - I couldn’t prove it but was then passed to someone who confirmed it was $499 on Sunday - I was then told I wouldnt get the difference and should not have been offered it (I never asked - they offered it to me)! I asked if there was an explanation as to why it had jumped $400 and was given some flannel about stock rotation - getting rid of old for new - which is clearly not relevant in this case. Irritated - particularly as there was no reason for the hike.

I was asked for proof of the cheaper price elsewhere so sent them a link to GNR site and they will lodge a report regarding pricing. So - apparently if the page on Amazon has a link saying ‘cheaper elsewhere’ we should select it and maybe it will get the price down!

Edited by DTJ80

On 3/13/2019 at 12:54 PM, DTJ80 said:

So got into a chat with Amazon. First they denied any knowledge of a price change. Was asked if I could prove it and they would refund the difference - I couldn’t prove it but was then passed to someone who confirmed it was $499 on Sunday - I was then told I wouldnt get the difference and should not have been offered it (I never asked - they offered it to me)! I asked if there was an explanation as to why it had jumped $400 and was given some flannel about stock rotation - getting rid of old for new - which is clearly not relevant in this case. Irritated - particularly as there was no reason for the hike.

I was asked for proof of the cheaper price elsewhere so sent them a link to GNR site and they will lodge a report regarding pricing. So - apparently if the page on Amazon has a link saying ‘cheaper elsewhere’ we should select it and maybe it will get the price down!

i use keepa to provide price history on amazon (and also notify me when items go on sale). it shows the $499 price on amazon from feb 3 - mar 11.... that could maybe provide you the proof of the price.

pricehistory.png?domain=com&asin=B07CPCF

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smiley said:

i use keepa to provide price history on amazon (and also notify me when items go on sale). it shows the $499 price on amazon from feb 3 - mar 11.... that could maybe provide you the proof of the price.

pricehistory.png?domain=com&asin=B07CPCF

Thanks mate - unfortunately the second person who helped was able to confirm it HAD dropped but when he passed me to the pricing department they basically said ‘the price is $899’ and would not offer an explanation as to why it had jumped so much a particularly versus the official website. Just got some rubbish about cleaning old stock for new - if I was buying carrots then fair enough but what’s that got to do with a boxset!!!

Will need to bide my time - ur graph shows it was low for a while and it’s a pity I’m only now able to afford it. But if it’s dropped before it may again - and will look into that keepa thing as it looks handy. 👍

On 16/03/2019 at 3:29 AM, smiley said:

i'm sure it will drop again! keep watching.

keepa is nice - you can set a price point and have them email/txt/etc when it drops below that price ;)

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

Noticed it dropped to $499 again - $75 worth of vouchers and only $10 postage and I’m looking at £400 all in. Purchased!!!! Thought I would have to wait a bit longer TBH - I wonder if the form they sent after my chat to them about the price on the GNR site has forced it back down again? No matter - finally got it done!

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

Noticed it dropped to $499 again - $75 worth of vouchers and only $10 postage and I’m looking at £400 all in. Purchased!!!! Thought I would have to wait a bit longer TBH - I wonder if the form they sent after my chat to them about the price on the GNR site has forced it back down again? No matter - finally got it done!

Very nice. You'll be happy with it. I was very happy with mine when it arrived. I remain convinced it's not worth anywhere near $1000 but it's pretty awesome for the prices we're all getting it for. 

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Very nice. You'll be happy with it. I was very happy with mine when it arrived. I remain convinced it's not worth anywhere near $1000 but it's pretty awesome for the prices we're all getting it for. 

Cheers. Definitely not worth a thousand (what is) and £400 is still a bit steep as for example, I got the first three MetallicA Deluxe sets for about £400. But - there are only a few albums I would do this for and it was a MASSIVE part of my youth so why not? Just need to find somewhere to put it now! Should be here in a few weeks. 👍

• Like 1

• 2 months later...