AFD Locked & Loaded Discounts: Now $399

1 hour ago, Fashionista said:

I don't know if this is the right place to say this, but I've been a GN'R fan for 16 years. Not as long as many obviously, but still. I paid and saw GN'R in 2002 and 2006.  I wish I had seen the band in 2011, but I was unable to due to life issues. But I've not bothered to see the reunited lineup because for one, it's just nostalgia, and secondly, because it's too fucking expensive. I don't understand why GN'R has felt the need to charge top dollar for everything, from the shows to the boxset. It's like they're a rich person's band nowadays. I mean, who was the market for a 1k boxset? Who's the market for 150+ tickets? Certainly not the "little guy" like myself who lives paycheck to paycheck. Say what you will about "NuGN'R" but at least in that era things were affordable.

You can still see the band if you want to.  Affordable tix are available if all you care about is being present at the show.  But if you want to be close to the action obviously you have to pay for it. My advice is be strategic and buy tix on StubHub the day of the show or in the days leading up to a show.  You can get tix below face value.  As for the box set yeah I won’t waste a dime on that bullshit :lol:

So people wouldn't have even started their mortgage-type payments for the box, and there's already a discount on it??

I'll buy when it gets to 50 bucks.

2 hours ago, Fashionista said:

I don't know if this is the right place to say this, but I've been a GN'R fan for 16 years. Not as long as many obviously, but still. I paid and saw GN'R in 2002 and 2006.  I wish I had seen the band in 2011, but I was unable to due to life issues. But I've not bothered to see the reunited lineup because for one, it's just nostalgia, and secondly, because it's too fucking expensive. I don't understand why GN'R has felt the need to charge top dollar for everything, from the shows to the boxset. It's like they're a rich person's band nowadays. I mean, who was the market for a 1k boxset? Who's the market for 150+ tickets? Certainly not the "little guy" like myself who lives paycheck to paycheck. Say what you will about "NuGN'R" but at least in that era things were affordable.

I'm sure Nic Cage bought at least a few of the boxes. He probably has one buried next to his dinosaur skull for safekeeping. 

I hear your on that. I truly don't think they're (the band or TB) are ever going to care, which is just sad and wrong. 

And its taken you til now to suss that out?  Mate, they're all after you're money, thats why they call it show business, the the entertainment business, cuz its a business, its all a well co-ordinated contrivance to play on your sensibilities and separate you from as much of your money as they can, they don't care about the fuckin' faceless millions that put their money down any more than the NRA care about shooting victims.  And I'm not just havin' a pop at GnR, I mean big bands in general, or even sports teams, or corporations, you think your loyalty means shit to them?  Does it fuck.  You can't go through life being this naive about things.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fashionista said:

Nobody wants the little guy at their gigs, the minimum wage guy, the fuckin' drink 12 pints, knock co-giggers over, fucked up, dysfunctional, works in a post office guy.  They want Coachella bunnies whoose parents pay good money, who can afford over-priced merchandise and make for good fuckin' crowd photos with their fuckin' styrofoam cups and lanyards and meaningless devil horn hand gestures.  You belong at an Iggy gig in the 70s man :lol:  

19 hours ago, Stoymatic said:

Hot damn, ONLY $700+!!!!

Yeah....no.....

It's 750 British Pounds...which equates to $976 

Or even at 826 Euros it's still $966

So basically around a $30 price drop. :lol:

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, fernandoGNR said:

Exactly...they already sold over 80% of these.  Anyone holding out for it to get much lower than maybe $800-$900 don't hold your breath.  They really have no reason to go much lower as I'm betting the other 20% that are left will easily sell during the Christmas holiday shopping season.  Just my 2 cents.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, RussTCB said:

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/deal/deal-alert-guns-n-roses-mega-box/

The discounts have started with the above alert from Germany. Only a small discount for now, but I expect discounts to continue and ramp up through the holidays. When this was released, I predicted that we might be able to purchase it for around $500 USD by Christmas and I'm hoping that comes true.

No thanks.

3 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Exactly...they already sold over 80% of these.  Anyone holding out for it to get much lower than maybe $800-$900 don't hold your breath.  They really have no reason to go much lower as I'm betting the other 20% that are left will easily sell during the Christmas holiday shopping season.  Just my 2 cents.

Just like Chinese Democracy "went platinum"? Lol. Just because the units have been sold to retailers doesn't mean they've been sold to consumers. 

• Like 3

Just now, RussTCB said:

Just like Chinese Democracy "went platinum"? Lol. Just because the units have been sold to retailers doesn't mean they've been sold to consumers. 

I guess that could be true but what type of mark-up do retailers have on these?  If it's an average of about 20% which is about standard, their cost is still upwards of $800.  And I'm pretty sure no retailers took out any sort of crazy deal like Best Buy did on CD....on a $1000 box set.  A small retailer may have a couple of units in stock and most large retailers maybe have a few dozen units, max.    I guess we'll find out by Black Friday...any substantial discount would start around then, imo.

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Are there retailers in the US which have the box in stock? In Germany I haven't seen one single box at any record store to date. 

4 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Are there retailers in the US which have the box in stock? In Germany I haven't seen one single box at any record store to date. 

Yeah, I thought other than Amazon, most of these were "direct sale" type of deals from GNR Merch.  IDK.  :shrugs:

Edit: On a Google search there were 2 other retailers selling it other than Amazon...and one of the retailers was an Ebay seller...the rest seem to be coming directly from GNR Merch..which is GN'R's official store..so take it for what it's worth.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, RONIN said:

It's not the money that offends me about this set. It's the laziness and lack of effort. 

Say what you want about Metallica being corporate whores - at least they release some awesome shit for their fans. 

The way Team Brazil and Axl gouge the fans is simply gratuitous. You'd think the inclusion of Duff and Slash would change this given that they've been so public about their regret over the poor fan service GnR fans have gotten the last 20+ years. And here you have the first joint collab between Axl and Sluff - and it's a steaming dung heap that was put together with little interest or effort. 

Jason Newsted nailed it, "Looking down on people who look up to you - worst thing you can do - and I saw them do it a lot."  That says everything you need to know on how GnR views their fanbase.

GN'R RIP 2004

2 hours ago, RONIN said:

It's not the money that offends me about this set. It's the laziness and lack of effort. 

Say what you want about Metallica being corporate whores - at least they release some awesome shit for their fans. 

The way Team Brazil and Axl gouge the fans is simply gratuitous. You'd think the inclusion of Duff and Slash would change this given that they've been so public about their regret over the poor fan service GnR fans have gotten the last 20+ years. And here you have the first joint collab between Axl and Sluff - and it's a steaming dung heap that was put together with little interest or effort. 

Jason Newsted nailed it, "Looking down on people who look up to you - worst thing you can do - and I saw them do it a lot."  That says everything you need to know on how GnR views their fanbase.

Totally agree here

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

I wouldn't get that shit even if it was free.  It's a cringe magnet.  Exclusively designed by idiots and for idiots.

If I was at someone's house and saw that box under the coffee table, I probably wouldn't be able to resist the urge to laugh in their face and ask to see where they used their temporary tats.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Nobody wants the little guy at their gigs, the minimum wage guy, the fuckin' drink 12 pints, knock co-giggers over, fucked up, dysfunctional, works in a post office guy.  They want Coachella bunnies whoose parents pay good money, who can afford over-priced merchandise and make for good fuckin' crowd photos with their fuckin' styrofoam cups and lanyards and meaningless devil horn hand gestures.  You belong at an Iggy gig in the 70s man :lol:  

Arnt these the same people that go to Glastonbury and wear 500.00 gum boots because its trendy?.

14 hours ago, pentatonicamenor said:

Totally agree here

Was newstead talking about the james & lars show?.

18 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

And its taken you til now to suss that out?  Mate, they're all after you're money, thats why they call it show business, the the entertainment business, cuz its a business, its all a well co-ordinated contrivance to play on your sensibilities and separate you from as much of your money as they can, they don't care about the fuckin' faceless millions that put their money down any more than the NRA care about shooting victims.  And I'm not just havin' a pop at GnR, I mean big bands in general, or even sports teams, or corporations, you think your loyalty means shit to them?  Does it fuck.  You can't go through life being this naive about things.

People may not like and may feel like the bands are sticking it to them, but in the end, it truly is a business and it is capitalism at its finest.  The bands are selling a product on the market (concerts, merch, music) and they do so at a price that is designed to equal out supply and demand while maximizing profit.  A band like GNR is really no different than a company like Apple.  Apple sells their iPhones at ridiculous prices compared to how much it costs to produce them. Why?  Because their loyal following will pay those prices.  If enough people stopped paying those prices, basic economics would force the price down for future iPhones. Same is true for GNR - as long as they are at an optimal Supply/Demand price point, why change?  Why sell a stadium of 40,000 seats at $30 when they can do so at $130?  It will change when economics forces it to.  This isn't meant to sound cold, but companies (bands) are typically not in the business of making less money than the the market will support.

• Like 1