AFD Locked & Loaded Discounts: Now $399

1 hour ago, thunderram said:

Didn't see an update so I'll post one. I just checked the merch store and the Locked N' Loaded box set is now $399.00.

One more drop and I'm in for sure. Might even do it at the current price. Have to think it over.

I updated the title, thanks!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Creed said:

i wouldnt even buy it for 10 bucks. its worthless...

Yeah, I never ended up buying any of it.  Entertained the super deluxe but the whole thing was so redundant.  There were a couple cool versions of songs that I hadn't heard like the Move To The City's and some cleaned up versions of demos I have had for decades like the acoustic Jumpin Jack Flash, but not enough to spend money on. Needed more Corn Shucker!

11 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah, I never ended up buying any of it.  Entertained the super deluxe but the whole thing was so redundant.  There were a couple cool versions of songs that I hadn't heard like the Move To The City's and some cleaned up versions of demos I have had for decades like the acoustic Jumpin Jack Flash, but not enough to spend money on. Needed more Corn Shucker!

I mean it, I wouldn't want the Locked N' Loaded box set if it was given to me for free.  If any member on here told me right now I could have their whole set for free I'd say no thanks.  I have zero interest in all of the stuff that comes in that box and the box itself.  

For those that buy it for $399 however and really wanted it congratulations for sticking it out!  It's rarely worth buying something on release day if you are able to hold out.  

what i remember from this saga, is the unexpected brilliance of the blu ray audio (super deluxe edition). It's redundant, sure, and you need an expensive 5.1 audio set with enough power and DTS decoding to get the most of it, but it's really something else.

there is listening to a cd, or vinyl, and then there is this.

Once in a while I sit back, have a cold one and play the damn thing, and it's all good. Each session is like attending a live guns n roses gig in their prime.

went through the paper junk one time and thought it was neat. This would have been a dissapointment but the blu ray made everything worthwile.

Extremely niche product, on every level

Edited by action
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I would take it for free! I wish I could just buy all the music for like $50 bucks.. I would do that. I almost bought the "super deluxe" version when the prices dropped t one point and still might if it drops lower..

I have only streamed it.  I was considering buying the "super deluxe" as well, but the replay value for me was nonexistent.  I would listen to it once and then put it away.  Streaming this album has definitely been my cup of tea and frankly I've listened to it more streaming than I would have on physical media.  I never thought I'd be a "streamer" but in 2019 here I am.  That being said if the band releases an LP I will likely buy it, but this monstrosity is too much. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lio said:

Exactly! I always chuckle when I see people getting into the thread specifically to say they won't buy it, it's overpriced crap, they wouldn't have it for free etc. What's the point of that? I'm not buying either, but I'm happy for the people who do.

Because you're hearing the protestations of impassioned fans who expect more and are aggrieved at being ripped off by their favourite band.  Now personally I don't give a fuck but I can why people might be a little coarse in their opinions.  But personally I think if you can afford it and you're into it, hey, why not, is it a rip off?  Well, it depends on how valuable the shit is to you personally.  Everything that we purchase we pay more than the production cost for obviously, the rest is just down to whatever the persons willing to pay.  I pay 20 quid to watch boxing matches on PPV which a lot of people think is a rip off but I'll happily pay it cuz I enjoy the sport and what is 20 quid these days, barely gets you lunch.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Because you're hearing the protestations of impassioned fans who expect more and are aggrieved at being ripped off by their favourite band.  Now personally I don't give a fuck but I can why people might be a little coarse in their opinions.  But personally I think if you can afford it and you're into it, hey, why not, is it a rip off?  Well, it depends on how valuable the shit is to you personally.  Everything that we purchase we pay more than the production cost for obviously, the rest is just down to whatever the persons willing to pay.  I pay 20 quid to watch boxing matches on PPV which a lot of people think is a rip off but I'll happily pay it cuz I enjoy the sport and what is 20 quid these days, barely gets you lunch.

No one should feel ripped off, as the music is readily available and most complainers streamed it for free. As for the people who did buy it: they knew exactly what they were getting, and most seem happy enough about it.

Didn't you buy a 7000 GBP watch? I would never do that, but if you're happy with it, then I'm happy for you. I'm not buying, I'm not paying. So I don't feel the urge to call you a moron who overpaid for an ugly ass watch I wouldn't even wear if I was paid for it. I think an iPhone is overpriced crap too. As is designer wear. The list goes on. Whatever makes you happy and doesn't hurt yourself or anyone else is alright by me.

The thing that irks me a bit about it all is there's no need to spoil it for others. It's the same when you get a new car for instance, and you're chuffed with it and show it to a friend who then says: 'Meh, what a piece of junk. I would never drive that, let alone pay for it.' I just don't like that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lio said:

Exactly! I always chuckle when I see people getting into the thread specifically to say they won't buy it, it's overpriced crap, they wouldn't have it for free etc. What's the point of that? I'm not buying either, but I'm happy for the people who do. It's the same with threads on films/series/games/vinyls etc. People coming in to say they won't be watching/buying :lol:

First of all, it's a discussion board, so everyone is allowed to present his opinion on anything, doesn't have to be favourable one...

Second of all, as you see, my "complaint" came in form of question...When you ask the question, you usually expect answer... I really wanted to know what drives people to spend equivalent of monthly wage in some countries on something they probably already have...

On 12/03/2019 at 4:45 PM, RussTCB said:

I'm 100% certain a ton of the original L&L Sets are still available. There were many users trying to make it seem as if WAY more were sold at first, but 10,000 was a ridiculous number to make. I'd be stunned if there's still not 7000+ boxes left at this point.

As for the turntable, I'm not sure why they claimed it was limited. Pro-Ject makes many varities (as in same turntables with other band branding) and they've never been limited previously. I didn't see any reason why the GN'R one would be the only one limited. 

Fernando will be having a Yard Sale soon. He can't get his car in the Garage 

• Haha 2

On 07/06/2019 at 3:05 PM, DieselDaisy said:

If someone gave it to me for free I'd have to decline also as I wouldn't have room for such an embarrassing monstrosity - it would definitely be something I'd want to hide away.

You mean you couldn't find a use for the Purple banner? How about a beach towel or to cover your sofa when decorating. 

And Just imagine a ring on every finger and those tattoos. Too cool for School 

• Haha 1

On 6/7/2019 at 4:00 AM, thunderram said:

Didn't see an update so I'll post one. I just checked the merch store and the Locked N' Loaded box set is now $399.00.

One more drop and I'm in for sure. Might even do it at the current price. Have to think it over.

That's a good price. I wonder what the price is after shipping and tax. Probably take a month to get here too?

On 6/7/2019 at 11:02 AM, Tom-Ass said:

I would take it for free! I wish I could just buy all the music for like $50 bucks.. I would do that. I almost bought the "super deluxe" version when the prices dropped t one point and still might if it drops lower..

I got the Super Deluxe edition around Christmas when it was down around $90 on Amazon. There was a 10% off coupon and I got free 2 day shipping with Prime, so all in I think I spent around $83. Well worth it for that price IMO, the Super Deluxe version is a nice set, and contains all I really care about. The vinyls would have been nce to get, but really not worth any significant extra money to me. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

On 6/7/2019 at 3:21 PM, Creed said:

i wouldnt even buy it for 10 bucks. its worthless...

10 bucks is a bit too much for stuff you then have to sort out to be recycled properly - you know that - yellow trash bins for plastic, blue for paper and cartons. 

the plastic fake crosses are easy, I just can't decide if the fake posters and fake vinyls are more paper or more plastic. hard to recycle, if you ask me.

Edited by zombux

On 6/7/2019 at 8:56 AM, Lio said:

Exactly! I always chuckle when I see people getting into the thread specifically to say they won't buy it, it's overpriced crap, they wouldn't have it for free etc. What's the point of that? I'm not buying either, but I'm happy for the people who do. It's the same with threads on films/series/games/vinyls etc. People coming in to say they won't be watching/buying :lol:

+1

I was about to post something similar, but glad to see someone else already did. I mean, for those that don't get it and have no interest -- I understand. To each their own. But to preach that in a thread that's pretty much dedicated to those that DO have interest seems pretty bush league to me. Why the need to bring negativity to it? It's just one of many examples why this site has a bad reputation of trolling IMO. But I digress.....

I've wanted this box set since I first learned of it. I just couldn't justify spending 1K for it. And this coming from someone that bought the pinball machine 16 years ago for a couple grand! But I'd never poke fun or troll those that did spend the 1K. Or those that have bought it each time there was a price reduction. In fact, I share in their excitement and enthusiasm! IMO, the thing is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. If you're a collector, you probably understand that.

I collect lots of GN'R merchandise. Not all of it. But whatever interests me or is really cool. Mostly the music and bootlegs. But lithos, tshirts, pinball and band images too.

I think this box set will be nice to still have 20 years from now. I've just been waiting for the right price point -- for me.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I got the Super Deluxe edition around Christmas when it was down around $90 on Amazon. There was a 10% off coupon and I got free 2 day shipping with Prime, so all in I think I spent around $83. Well worth it for that price IMO, the Super Deluxe version is a nice set, and contains all I really care about. The vinyls would have been nce to get, but really not worth any significant extra money to me. 

Nice. I would definitely drop $83 bucks on the Deluxe if I saw it out there.. The vinyls were just Appetite right? 

31 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Nice. I would definitely drop $83 bucks on the Deluxe if I saw it out there.. The vinyls were just Appetite right? 

The vinyl in the Locked N' Loaded set? No, I think it was basically everything on the 4 CDs. But it's been too long since I've even thought about the LNL set so I may be wrong :lol: