AFD Locked & Loaded Discounts: Now $399

4 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

The vinyl in the Locked N' Loaded set? No, I think it was basically everything on the 4 CDs. But it's been too long since I've even thought about the LNL set so I may be wrong :lol: 

lol... Yeah the one I thought I saw was just Appetite.. 2 LP.. 4 songs a side for the first 3 sides and like a picture disc or some shit for the 4th side.. Dunno if that was the one in LNL though.

24 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

lol... Yeah the one I thought I saw was just Appetite.. 2 LP.. 4 songs a side for the first 3 sides and like a picture disc or some shit for the 4th side.. Dunno if that was the one in LNL though.

Ah yeah, the standalone vinyl is just Appetite. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, thunderram said:

I was about to post something similar, but glad to see someone else already did. I mean, for those that don't get it and have no interest -- I understand. To each their own. But to preach that in a thread that's pretty much dedicated to those that DO have interest seems pretty bush league to me. Why the need to bring negativity to it? It's just one of many examples why this site has a bad reputation of trolling IMO. But I digress.....

I'll chime in on this.  From a music perspective I think the box set was good (not great).  All of the other "materials" found in the box IMO are complete junk.  I make it known because we know management visits this site and perhaps Axl himself still does.  If you want me to spend $1K on something then make something worth spending $1K on.  I still say that original price point was a joke and it exploited fans.  I said earlier for those who wanted the box set and just bought it for $399 I was happy for them.  Genuinely.  $399 is more in line with what I thought the original asking price should have been.  But me saying I still won't be spending $399 for it because I think its a rip-off isn't negativity, it's just how I feel.  I'm not trolling anyone.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MalibusMostWanted said:

Has anyone bought one of the AFD Platinum plaques? I just did and kind of feel like a sucker. I’m interested to see what it looks like in person. I think it will be cool for my bathroom. 

Oh nice. You can look at it while you poop!

• Haha 1

I'm not an advocate of the boxed set, but I do own it because I got in on the ridicuous deal back when it was $499 and including a turntable worth that price alone. Having said that, I can tell you that the set is nice enough to warrant the $399 price tag IMO. 

• Like 1

On 8.6.2019 at 4:53 PM, 31illusions said:

That's a good price. I wonder what the price is after shipping and tax. Probably take a month to get here too?

Well. To Europe shipping is 340. :facepalm::rolleyes::hahafyou: In a way I'm annoyed and in a way I'm glad, because it is just a piece of junk. But something I wouldn't be totally opposed to be owning. Not nessesarily wanting to spend the money on it though. That AFD plaque is a different story though... tempted. But then again, it still is not an original thing. Not even the original cover.

Edited by PatrickS77

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 1:50 AM, MalibusMostWanted said:

Has anyone bought one of the AFD Platinum plaques? I just did and kind of feel like a sucker. I’m interested to see what it looks like in person. I think it will be cool for my bathroom. 

I ordered the whiskey glass with the bullet flying through it, which looked cool.

Then I remembered I live in Europe, so god knows if / when it will get through customs given the bullet is real!

On 6/11/2019 at 8:40 AM, RussTCB said:

I'm not an advocate of the boxed set, but I do own it because I got in on the ridicuous deal back when it was $499 and including a turntable worth that price alone. Having said that, I can tell you that the set is nice enough to warrant the $399 price tag IMO. 

How was the photo book?

22 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

@RussTCB is one of the kindest people I know. Hes done a lot for me over the years that he in no way had to. Today he gave me a Locked and Loaded cabinet with most of the stuff still in it. Freaking awesome. 

You da man, Russ. You are an awesome friend

He kept the tattoos?

• Haha 2

I dont think the photo book or tattoos are in there. My favorite thing is the USB with the whole set on it. The lithographs are also cool and theres a lot of other stuff in there. Super generous of Russ

The cabinet is my favorite part. 

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

He kept the tattoos?

I did not see tattoos in there:lol:

• Haha 2

hahahaha 399, plus you can use the 10% coupon

man, what a joke this was at a grand to start with. 

The biggest issue is whatever warehouse stores these probably has tons of them and thy are huge boxes so they need to get rid of them as fast as possible. They will probably start running contests in a couple months to give some away and they will probably be 300 by the holidays. At a point, you are losing money sitting on inventory like that.

One giant misfire.

Still glad I got mine and after selling off most the garbage in it, I made money by buying it so that was cool.

• Like 2

On 6/13/2019 at 1:45 PM, Stiff Competition said:

hahahaha 399, plus you can use the 10% coupon

man, what a joke this was at a grand to start with. 

The biggest issue is whatever warehouse stores these probably has tons of them and thy are huge boxes so they need to get rid of them as fast as possible. They will probably start running contests in a couple months to give some away and they will probably be 300 by the holidays. At a point, you are losing money sitting on inventory like that.

One giant misfire.

Still glad I got mine and after selling off most the garbage in it, I made money by buying it so that was cool.

I always expected it to drop in price after release. These things always do and they made a whopping 10,000. There are still a ton of fans that will throw money at whatever the band puts out, as soon as they put it out so maybe they still made money.

Honestly, its a pretty cool cabinet and set. I really like it, but the initial price was insulting. No way was $1000 ever close to being what it was worth. I think $250-$350 would have been fair, $400 be pushing it, and $500 being a ridiculous but possible price. $1000 is just insane. The music included is good but not enough. The Sound City Sessions, acoustic Move to the City, and new Shadow of Your Love are awesome to have on an official release. IMO they should have doctored up and rerecorded a few other songs like Ain't Going Down, Crash Diet, and Bring it Back Home with vocals and also included a few complete live shows from that era on vinyl and BluRay. The Ritz at a minimum. The stuff like rings and pins and tattoos are just there to fluff up the content and price. The only way I can see this whole box being worth the original price is if they made only like 1000 of them, doubled the audio and video content with live content, and maybe had the cabinet or something signed by the band. The people buying it now or got the turntable deal are the ones that did it right.

I'm insanely grateful for @RussTCB. I definitely appreciate the set in my home, the cabinet is well made and looks great with all my GNR stuff, but even having it makes me see how insane $1000.

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 2

On 6/11/2019 at 10:04 PM, ZoSoRose said:

@RussTCB is one of the kindest people I know. Hes done a lot for me over the years that he in no way had to. Today he gave me a Locked and Loaded cabinet with most of the stuff still in it. Freaking awesome. 

You da man, Russ. You are an awesome friend

Very fucking cool of @RussTCB, but this speaks volumes to why I can’t justify buying it. I still want it, really I just want the AFD box and the usb and that is it. Even with the huge price drop, I really don’t want to pay the discount price :lol: This just shows me the nostalgia definitely wears off once you get it. Maybe I buy it one day, but if not I will be okay.

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Honestly, its a pretty cool cabinet and set. I really like it, but the initial price was insulting.

Agreed. I have mine sitting on it's own shelf in my record room and it looks cool. I kept the sound city LP and the appetite remaster as well as the demo cassette and maybe the cleaning cloth or something. Everything else is gone because I had original pressings and didn't need novelty junk.

They should have definitely included an extra live show and some better versions of unreleased stuff. 

When Zeppelin put out their remastered albums, they did an incredible job. The first album came with a 2LP live show from the late 60's and for the 3LP set it was like 45-50 bucks.