AFD Locked & Loaded Discounts: Now $399

would love to know how many of these they sold, no chance in hell I was buying it at $1,000, however when it was "marked down" to $699 I immediately jumped on it, got it, looked at the contents once and it has essentially been sitting in that big heavy box in my den for the last 8 months,  I am still guessing there are about 4-5,000 of these things sitting around a warehouse somewhere, wouldn't surprise me in the next year or so you see them get desperate to get rid of them and they are going to be selling for about $199

On 17/06/2019 at 7:45 PM, ZoSoRose said:

I saw GNR up close twice in 2016 and they were two of the most fun evenings Ive ever had. 

Plus you met me which is obviously the best part of it. 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, k12 said:

would love to know how many of these they sold, no chance in hell I was buying it at $1,000, however when it was "marked down" to $699 I immediately jumped on it, got it, looked at the contents once and it has essentially been sitting in that big heavy box in my den for the last 8 months,  I am still guessing there are about 4-5,000 of these things sitting around a warehouse somewhere, wouldn't surprise me in the next year or so you see them get desperate to get rid of them and they are going to be selling for about $199

I bet they're still sitting on a TON of these. I would even say that your guess of 4-5000 is low. I bet there are more like 7-8000 of these things sitting around unsold between all the vendors. I'll be VERY surprised if it doesn't hit that $199 mark before it's all said and done.

47 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I bet they're still sitting on a TON of these. I would even say that your guess of 4-5000 is low. I bet there are more like 7-8000 of these things sitting around unsold between all the vendors. I'll be VERY surprised if it doesn't hit that $199 mark before it's all said and done.

You were pretty much correct on the pricing going down when the box first came out. So I believe you on the $199. Seems to cheap though. lol. But if it goes there, I'll bite!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

That is when I will buy it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 31illusions said:

You were pretty much correct on the pricing going down when the box first came out. So I believe you on the $199. Seems to cheap though. lol. But if it goes there, I'll bite!

I will to. But ill bet there will be a ridiculous shipping charge to Australia.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

I have discovered that the Locked and Loaded box is available at all of the traditional outlets such as Amazon, ImportCDs, and eBay. Unfortunately, the price is still around $500 at all of these outlets. 

Yeah, it's been on those sites for a while. It's been on Music Direct, Analogue Productions and so on as well. They only way any site outside of GN'Rs site is going to move any is when GNRs site ends up getting rid of all their stock for real cheap. As I mentioned in the thread previously, I really think this is going to get down to $199 before all is said and done. 

21 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, it's been on those sites for a while. It's been on Music Direct, Analogue Productions and so on as well. They only way any site outside of GN'Rs site is going to move any is when GNRs site ends up getting rid of all their stock for real cheap. As I mentioned in the thread previously, I really think this is going to get down to $199 before all is said and done. 

Thanks for the clarification, Russ. I am holding out for $199. That's the price point that works for me. I wouldn't be surprised if the Locked and Loaded set is offered at $199 from all sellers during Black Friday 2019. As we know, once the interest in a product has worn off, it's very hard to move it. Especially, something as overpriced as the LaL box. Ideally, the best way to buy the box would be to wait until it is $199 with free shipping on eBay. eBay offers 15% off coupons at the end of each quarter; March, June, September, December.  An extra 15% off would knock the set down to $170 plus tax which would be around $15. Imagine getting the Locked and Loaded box for $185, that would be the GNR bargain of the century. :) 

Edited by rockphantom
fixing typos
  • Like 2

On 6/17/2019 at 10:39 AM, rockphantom said:

Which would be the better value? The Locked and Loaded box for $399 or 1 GNR 2019 ticket for $300?

For sure the ticket!  Especially considering you can access all the actual music on that box set via Spotify - I know it isn't the same as vinyl but I feel like when it comes to the box set you are paying for the physicality of having a collectors item - with the concert ticket that is that same band (well most of that same band lol) playing right in front of you :headbang:

Edited by WhazUp

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2019 at 3:33 PM, k12 said:

when it was "marked down" to $699 I immediately jumped on it, got it, looked at the contents once and it has essentially been sitting in that big heavy box in my den for the last 8 months

I got mine on Day One (6/29/18), and I don't think I've looked at it for at least six months. I keep it in the box, because I'm afraid if I display it, the faux leather will  crack and peel from the humidity in my apartment.

$999 is too much of an investment to risk having the elements cause damage to it.

If it gets down to $199-299, I will almost certainly pick up another one or two, probably as Christmas gifts for my two oldest boys

• Like 1

Based on how this thing rolled out and sold over the past year, they better really examine the value proposition of any UYI box set.  I bit at $499, but also snagged a Super Deluxe for a much higher price than it is now.  There is absolutely NO WAY I am buying anything day 1 for UYI box set, and probably not day 180 or 365 either.  This AFD box set sales process has been a trainwreck of epic proportions.

Edited by TheHelgo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I just got the super deluxe. $40 is a solid price. I think that completed the L&L box Russ gave me aside from the vinyl! Looks like it fones with everything else which means...

I'm getting the temporary tattoos!

I was going to tag you in this post when I saw the $40 price for the SDE. I gave the SDE to a buddy at some point after I got the L&L Set so yeah, the $40 SDE should damn near complete your L&L Set. 

27 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I was going to tag you in this post when I saw the $40 price for the SDE. I gave the SDE to a buddy at some point after I got the L&L Set so yeah, the $40 SDE should damn near complete your L&L Set. 

I think it's 100% aside from the vinyl now! @Tom-Ass are you still interested? $40 is the best I've seen it go for, even used

• Like 1