RussTCB

AFD Locked & Loaded Discounts: Now $399

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

If it hits the $299 mark, they won't need to promote it. There's tons of sites out there dedicated to informing people when things go clearance at really low prices. There's more than a few of those sites that are dedicated to just music deals. 

I'd be surprised if the $399 price hasn't made it to those sites yet. Even if it has, I feel like $299 will be bigger news on those clearance sites. 

If it hits the $299 mark then maybe the official website will get a makeover, including the YouTube page.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

If it hits the $299 mark then maybe the official website will get a makeover, including the YouTube page.

I sincerely doubt their page will ever be any good. GN'R have a long and storied history of poorly misusing the internet lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I sincerely doubt their page will ever be any good. GN'R have a long and storied history of poorly misusing the internet lol

They are not that professional! 😆

• Like 1

If it dropped to $299 I'd consider it, but I don't think I'd buy it unless it dropped to $199 US.

The Super Deluxe Edition is still about $200 CDN on GNR's site... so not a bad deal for the Americans who picked it up for $40. But I don't care about the cd's or the book or whatever else is in there, the vinyl is the only thing that makes the L&L set worth buying.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If it dropped to $299 I'd consider it, but I don't think I'd buy it unless it dropped to $199 US.

The Super Deluxe Edition is still about $200 CDN on GNR's site... so not a bad deal for the Americans who picked it up for $40. But I don't care about the cd's or the book or whatever else is in there, the vinyl is the only thing that makes the L&L set worth buying.

I'll cross my fingers for ya. I hope it gets to $199 so you can get those records! :)

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I'll cross my fingers for ya. I hope it gets to $199 so you can get those records! :)

Records and the box are really all I want

• Like 1

I am thinking they sold a ton of the SD sets once the lowered the price. The one I bought for myself was shipped next day. The 3 I bought as gifts last week haven't shipped yet. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I am thinking they sold a ton of the SD sets once the lowered the price. The one I bought for myself was shipped next day. The 3 I bought as gifts last week haven't shipped yet. 

Would think so, it is sold out on the website. About 6 months ago I bought a digital copy of the Super Deluxe version in FLAC (16-bit/44.1 kHz) for about $40. Missing the Blu-ray, but happy to get CD quality digital files mainly for the demo stuff like November Rain. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

it is sold out on the website

I actually just checked and they are still selling it. Doesn't look to be sold out yet. In the US anyway

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I actually just checked and they are still selling it. Doesn't look to be sold out yet. In the US anyway

Interesting. It was sold out when I checked the other day. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Lol, so double what it was last week? 

The super deluxe has been holding around $120 on Amazon. Where was it $37?

Edited by lhalver

1 hour ago, lhalver said:

The super deluxe has been holding around $120 on Amazon. Where was it $37?

On the GN'R official store. I bought one and thought it was a steal for $38, especially after I received it. It was made really well IMO.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, lhalver said:

Nice!

If you buy it from there use the code GNR10. If you have already used your GNR10 code just put a different email address in and it will work.

22 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

If you buy it from there use the code GNR10. If you have already used your GNR10 code just put a different email address in and it will work.

Oh damn.. I used the code for mine but wasn't able to use it for the 3 I bought as gifts. I do have a couple other emails addresses too...  

Id spend at most $200 for it. I’m sorry but a few photocopies of old ads for shows and a couple of tickets plus a poster I could get at my local record store for ten bucks and a cd I already have two copies of and some old demos that Ive already mostly heard is just not worth a grand no matter how you look at it. No way no how.

• Like 1

I received my LAL box set in the mail. It definitely looks awesome. It bugs me though that the skull and crossbones on the door was glued on slightly crooked. Slopes downward. I emailed customer support about it and am awaiting a reply. I am not about to return something and likely pay a fortune in shipping for the return. I am curious if they can send me a replacement right door with a skull and crossbones that's actually aligned properly. The main reason I wanted this was to display the cabinet. Now every time I look at it, I'm like goddamn it, it's crooked.

For something that retailed originally at 1k, that should definitely not happen. 

• Like 4

After vowing to never spend another dime on this band, UPS just delivered the Super Deluxe set to my office...

$38.16

Now I'm done.

• Haha 4

$36 for the Super deluxe after the discount...really considering it. Will these hold value if I sit on it for a few years and not touch it?

Free shipping too

Edited by Gunsdrummer63

4 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

I received my LAL box set in the mail. It definitely looks awesome. It bugs me though that the skull and crossbones on the door was glued on slightly crooked. Slopes downward. I emailed customer support about it and am awaiting a reply. I am not about to return something and likely pay a fortune in shipping for the return. I am curious if they can send me a replacement right door with a skull and crossbones that's actually aligned properly. The main reason I wanted this was to display the cabinet. Now every time I look at it, I'm like goddamn it, it's crooked.

For something that retailed originally at 1k, that should definitely not happen. 

Mines was the same - it’s bloody annoying! I got mine via Amazon and had to fight tooth and nail to get money off after one of the vinyl covers was marked.

Where did you buy it?

Let me know how you get on anyway out of curiosity....I don’t hold out much hope but you never know. 👍

13 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Mines was the same - it’s bloody annoying! I got mine via Amazon and had to fight tooth and nail to get money off after one of the vinyl covers was marked.

Where did you buy it?

Let me know how you get on anyway out of curiosity....I don’t hold out much hope but you never know. 👍

I got mine from GNR's official site. It's annoying there's no number to call. So I am stuck waiting Universal's response. So your door is the same, huh? Did you address that with Amazon or you were more concerned with the vinyl? Amazon usually has very good customer support.