RussTCB

AFD Locked & Loaded Discounts: Now $399

13 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Mines was the same - it’s bloody annoying! I got mine via Amazon and had to fight tooth and nail to get money off after one of the vinyl covers was marked.

Where did you buy it?

Let me know how you get on anyway out of curiosity....I don’t hold out much hope but you never know. 👍

I got mine from GNR's official site. It's annoying there's no number to call. So I am stuck waiting Universal's response. So your door is the same, huh? Did you address that with Amazon or you were more concerned with the vinyl? Amazon usually has very good customer support.

15 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Mines was the same - it’s bloody annoying! I got mine via Amazon and had to fight tooth and nail to get money off after one of the vinyl covers was marked.

Where did you buy it?

Let me know how you get on anyway out of curiosity....I don’t hold out much hope but you never know. 👍

Damn, is the crooked skull and crossbones thing a widespread issue with these??  Kinda crazy, like Chris said in his post, that multiple members are getting crooked fixtures for what was originally 1,000 bucks!  

1 minute ago, GnR Chris said:

I got mine from GNR's official site. It's annoying there's no number to call. So I am stuck waiting Universal's response. So your door is the same, huh? Did you address that with Amazon or you were more concerned with the vinyl? Amazon usually has very good customer support.

To be fair no - i was more bothered by the vinyl (got $50 off eventually). It took a LOT of pressure to get that - they were wanting me to send the whole box back across the Atlantic because of the marked vinyl cover!!!! So after fighting to get a discount I never approach them about the door.

All other dealings with Support have been seamless however.

3 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Damn, is the crooked skull and crossbones thing a widespread issue with these??  Kinda crazy, like Chris said in his post, that multiple members are getting crooked fixtures for what was originally 1,000 bucks!  

I thought it was just mine TBH! It’s not AWFUL, but I know it’s slightly off.

Too many people must have been scooping them up.. L&L back to $499 and SD up to $99... I was just going to buy a fifth SD as another gift but oh well.. Glad I got the 4 I did at $40 bucks!

On 7/16/2019 at 4:48 PM, Gunsdrummer63 said:

$36 for the Super deluxe after the discount...really considering it. Will these hold value if I sit on it for a few years and not touch it?

Free shipping too

No

• Like 1

Amoeba in Hollywood has # 00000 / 10,000 and no cassette... maybe a promo?

66786235_10100657433645148_4782708412108

Edited by Evan442
addition
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Too many people must have been scooping them up.. L&L back to $499 and SD up to $99... I was just going to buy a fifth SD as another gift but oh well.. Glad I got the 4 I did at $40 bucks!

It's gone back up already huh? I was considering the SD but I'll wait a little longer I guess.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

It's gone back up already huh? I was considering the SD but I'll wait a little longer I guess.

Yup.. Was totally worth $40 bucks but not $100

All the discounts seem to happen in America - so far in the UK/Europe I haven't seen anything approaching a reasonable price for L&L or Super Deluxe. 

I was toying with the idea of getting the Super Deluxe from America, but customs charges can be really nasty with 'admin charges' added on by local deliverers (and impossible to predict what they will be/if they will apply them). As a result I didn't take the risk. 

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

All the discounts seem to happen in America - so far in the UK/Europe I haven't seen anything approaching a reasonable price for L&L or Super Deluxe. 

I was toying with the idea of getting the Super Deluxe from America, but customs charges can be really nasty with 'admin charges' added on by local deliverers (and impossible to predict what they will be/if they will apply them). As a result I didn't take the risk. 

I took a chance on the SD. Got it today (to Sweden). All in all I paid around 70 dollars. Still that’s half the price I would have to pay here. It’s a bit too much, but I really wanted it 😆. 

30 minutes ago, RocketTess said:

I took a chance on the SD. Got it today (to Sweden). All in all I paid around 70 dollars. Still that’s half the price I would have to pay here. It’s a bit too much, but I really wanted it 😆. 

Yeah, I can't really work out why it's still cheaper to have it sent from America, with postage, charges and fees, than it is to buy it from any retailer in Europe. It just doesn't seem to have been discounted at all. 

The Amazon price here in the UK is £112 for Super deluxe (so $139) and an astonishing £934 ($1166!!!!) for Locked and Loaded. Surely they can't be selling any at that price at this stage?! 

There's been small dips in price, but nothing I'd call significant.....

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 6:51 PM, Tom-Ass said:

On Sunday, the official site stated the Super Deluxe was SOLD OUT. Then on Monday, it was available again at the $40 price, so I bought one more (I'd bought two on the 4th of July). Then on Tuesday, it was back to $99.98.

I wonder if someone at the site made a mistake by putting the Super Deluxe back at $40 on Monday, between Sunday being sold out and Tuesday back to $99.98. They haven't shipped my third one out yet. The two I bought on July 4th were shipped the next day.

9 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

On Sunday, the official site stated the Super Deluxe was SOLD OUT. Then on Monday, it was available again at the $40 price, so I bought one more (I'd bought two on the 4th of July). Then on Tuesday, it was back to $99.98.

I wonder if someone at the site made a mistake by putting the Super Deluxe back at $40 on Monday, between Sunday being sold out and Tuesday back to $99.98. They haven't shipped my third one out yet. The two I bought on July 4th were shipped the next day.

Yes, that was one thing I was surprised about. The official store usually takes its time shipping, but mine was shipped next day, too. I was hoping that the store finally saw how terrible it was and was trying to improve, but I guess not😂

Edited by Tourettes2400