AFD Locked & Loaded Discounts: Now $399

Tempting at $500. I would have copped for sure any other point of the year,. But the Christmas bills will need to be paid this month.

If it drops to $300-$350, it will be a must-buy. I already have the AFD Super Deluxe, but I want those LPs ... and the big box it all comes in, basically.

Edited by GnR Chris

I'd probably buy it if it dropped to $200... That's reasonable enough for 4 albums (7 LP's), a few 7" singles, the CDs, a book, a blu-ray and some 'extra junk'. For comparison, Metallica's Master of Puppets box set is $150 on Amazon and it comes with: "a 108-page hardcover book including never before seen photos, outtakes and previously unreleased interviews, three LPs, ten CDs, a cassette, two DVDs, a lithograph, a folder with handwritten lyrics, and a set of six buttons."

Edited by Gordon Comstock

22 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'd probably buy it if it dropped to $200... That's reasonable enough for 4 albums (7 LP's), a few 7" singles, the CDs, a book, a blu-ray and some 'extra junk'. For comparison, Metallica's Master of Puppets box set is $150 on Amazon and it comes with: "a 108-page hardcover book including never before seen photos, outtakes and previously unreleased interviews, three LPs, ten CDs, a cassette, two DVDs, a lithograph, a folder with handwritten lyrics, and a set of six buttons."

On second thought, I'll bite at $200 instead $300

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I honestly felt bad when so many people were over paying for it when it was first shipping. I was convinced it would be $500 or less by the end of the year. 

Yeah I don't see it going down much more. This is their last "big sale" opportunity for a while. Sure they can do it quietly but all companies generally do end of the year type blow outs.

One thing I did notice is that they are starting to sell it wholesale to more retailers to get some money back on it as well. FYE has a listing for it with a release date of 12/28/18, so I'd imagine you will see that at a number of other retailers as well.

This happened with the Rob Zombie box set earlier in the year. It went up as a limited box, exclusively through his merch site for close to 500 bucks after shipping and tax (which I fell for) and just about a month ago it dropped to 300 and it is also available in record stores and other online stores now.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

On second thought, I'll bite at $200 instead $300

I was saying I would buy it for $200, but frankly I don't want it.  Any of it.  I'm not sure I'd accept it for free.  Why waste space in my apartment on this junk?  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

WOW! That's awesome that it came so fast!

I hadn't even received a confirmation email from them yet :lol:

One of their distribution centers is in Ferndale, MI!  I'm so glad I happened to be in my office today.

Seriously, it is huge and fucking awesome...I'm not sure what to even check out first. 

• Like 3

We have no way of knowing if it'll go down more. If there are thousands left then I'd guess next Black Friday/Xmas they'd have another blow out sale. If there are only a few hundred it'll probably stay at $500. Personally I don't see why anyone cares what someone else does with their money. After reading what the Tallica set offers I'd have to wait til this thing got down to $200 for me to get it. Or maybe $300 with the free GnR jean jacket thrown in like they did for that Canadian sale. 

Depends on if you dig or value the box a lot or not for how you perceive the value i guess. The Metallica sets come in a standard boxset-type box like the zeppelin boxes and many others. It's just cardboard with a faux-fabric wrap.

I get some people don't care about packaging in which case, I can see the box being a waste of space but that alone is plenty of reason for it to be considerably higher than Metallica's sets regardless of content.

While I have finally given in an ordered one, I still go back to the thought that they should have had a mid level set with just the vinyl for like 200 bucks and they could have made everyone happy, mega collectors and people who just want the records.

If they do illusions deluxe sets, hopefully they will have learned and won't go so big. If it didn't work so well with AFD, it would never work with those.

47 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

I hadn't even received a confirmation email from them yet :lol:

One of their distribution centers is in Ferndale, MI!  I'm so glad I happened to be in my office today.

Seriously, it is huge and fucking awesome...I'm not sure what to even check out first. 

I felt the same way last Friday. I wasn't even sure where to start lol. I ended up putting B-Sides & EPs album on first, followed by the Sound City LPs. Then I just kinda went through the box little by little. I haven't even opened the Super Deluxe part of it yet lol.

30 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

Depends on if you dig or value the box a lot or not for how you perceive the value i guess. The Metallica sets come in a standard boxset-type box like the zeppelin boxes and many others. It's just cardboard with a faux-fabric wrap.

I get some people don't care about packaging in which case, I can see the box being a waste of space but that alone is plenty of reason for it to be considerably higher than Metallica's sets regardless of content.

While I have finally given in an ordered one, I still go back to the thought that they should have had a mid level set with just the vinyl for like 200 bucks and they could have made everyone happy, mega collectors and people who just want the records.

If they do illusions deluxe sets, hopefully they will have learned and won't go so big. If it didn't work so well with AFD, it would never work with those.

Absolutely. I really, REALLY hope there's going to be UYI sets and if so, I hope they don't go nearly as big. I'm crossing my fingers for vinyl though.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I felt the same way last Friday. I wasn't even sure where to start lol. I ended up putting B-Sides & EPs album on first, followed by the Sound City LPs. Then I just kinda went through the box little by little. I haven't even opened the Super Deluxe part of it yet lol.

Absolutely. I really, REALLY hope there's going to be UYI sets and if so, I hope they don't go nearly as big. I'm crossing my fingers for vinyl though.

In terms of illusions i want them to go big, over and beyond including live video footage of stuff that is not on youtube. As much as AFD is an important album to me, illusions was just a great time to be a teen and major guns fan during 91 to 93. Depending how they do illusions boxset i will open my wallet if the band do a sterling job of it.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

In terms of illusions i want them to go big, over and beyond including live video footage of stuff that is not on youtube. As much as AFD is an important album to me, illusions was just a great time to be a teen and major guns fan during 91 to 93. Depending how they do illusions boxset i will open my wallet if the band do a sterling job of it.

I think we were more just talking big in terms of a a giant box and a bunch of bullshit no one needs to inflate the price. The more material between music and video, the better!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, hitmanhart408 said:

I heard (haven't tried) that you can use the code HOLIDAY for 20% off on music vaultz so you should be able to get the bundle deal that @RussTCB got for the L&L and Turntable at $500 USD. 

Wow, yes you can. Wish I would have seen that before I ordered mine. That is an insane deal.

on the topic of L&L, I have a couple questions:

- The book/CDs it comes with is just the deluxe edition cd set you can buy on its own, right?

- does the cross USB have the audio for everything, including sound city, etc? Or just the new appetite?

18 minutes ago, hitmanhart408 said:

I heard (haven't tried) that you can use the code HOLIDAY for 20% off on music vaultz so you should be able to get the bundle deal that @RussTCB got for the L&L and Turntable at $500 USD. 

5 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

Wow, yes you can. Wish I would have seen that before I ordered mine. That is an insane deal.

DAMN! I was happy with my deal until now :lol:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

on the topic of L&L, I have a couple questions:

- The book/CDs it comes with is just the deluxe edition cd set you can buy on its own, right?

- does the cross USB have the audio for everything, including sound city, etc? Or just the new appetite?

- The book+cds+bluray in the L&L set are the 100% the same as the super deluxe edition.

Can confirm cause i have both (yeah stupid me bought the sde when it was released:smiley-confused2:)

- The usb has audio for everything 3 times (the album, b-sides & EPs, sound city sessions, sound city sessions n' more)

1) 44.1kHz - 16 bit

2) 96kHz - 24 bit

3) 192kHz - 24 bit (16 bit?)

Edited by BadApples99
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BadApples99 said:

- The book+cds+bluray in the L&L set are the 100% the same as the super deluxe edition.

Can confirm cause i have both (yeah stupid me bought the sde when it was released:smiley-confused2:)

- The usb has audio for everything 3 times (the album, b-sides & EPs, sound city sessions, sound city sessions n' more)

1) 44.1kHz - 16 bit

2) 96kHz - 24 bit

3) 192kHz - 24 bit

Awesome, thanks!

• Like 1