AFD Locked & Loaded Discounts: Now $399

1 minute ago, Nodnarb901 said:

Thank you, again for the link to the deal and the discount code! Now I will settle in and wait impatiently for shipping info. I haven't gotten an email from MusicVaultz confirming my order yet, however it looks like it took about 3 days before you got an email from them.

Yeah, it takes a couple of days for them to mark it as shipped. The other bummer is that the Canadian Post strike really backed things up. It took about 4 weeks for both of my items to arrive. The discount is worth the wait though and it's not the companies fault about the strike, so it's all good :)

19 minutes ago, Nodnarb901 said:

FWIW, I just checked GNRMERCH.com and the Locked and loaded set is now $599, with no mention of a sale price. Maybe $599 is the new low price?

https://gnrmerch.com/collections/appetite-for-destruction/products/appetite-for-destruction-locked-n-loaded-box-set

Glad I got the Turntable deal.

Yeah they've done that every time they have had a sale. It's just their way of lowering the price little by little. That way when it's "Tax F'N Returns sale" or "Happy F'N Easter MTHRFKR sale" they can put it down to 399.99

• Haha 2

I was almost ready to give in as the offer was supposed to last until today, my basket was all set, and when I clicked on the "Payment method" button, I noticed the $100 raise...

I guess I can still hope for a future deal as the new price is set to $599, make it $399 and I'll be the first one to checkout.
I'm still trying to understand what the guy who decided to launch the production of 10,000 copies had in mind though.

EDIT: It's still on sale at 499€ on the german store.

Edited by Nalbi

29 minutes ago, Nalbi said:

I was almost ready to give in as the offer was supposed to last until today, my basket was all set, and when I clicked on the "Payment method" button, I noticed the $100 raise...

I guess I can still hope for a future deal as the new price is set to $599, make it $399 and I'll be the first one to checkout.
I'm still trying to understand what the guy who decided to launch the production of 10,000 copies had in mind though.

EDIT: It's still on sale at 499€ on the german store.

You can still get the best deal through the Canadian site Music Vaultz. You get the turntable and the boxed set for $679 CDN after the coupon code. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

You can still get the best deal through the Canadian site Music Vaultz. You get the turntable and the boxed set for $679 CDN after the coupon code. 

Thanks for the tip Russ, just went over the last few pages and I didn't realize the turntable was so valuable!

I thought it was just a generic cheap device with a Gn'R sticker on it, this changes everything. I'm about to sleep on it and make a decision tomorrow.

The only downside is that I'd have to ship it to my girlfriend's in Texas instead of France where I live, and wait until next summer to enjoy it, but I don't want to pass and regret it later.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

Yeah they've done that every time they have had a sale. It's just their way of lowering the price little by little. That way when it's "Tax F'N Returns sale" or "Happy F'N Easter MTHRFKR sale" they can put it down to 399.99

Based on how true this is to the naming, I will absolutely buy it if they do this and use anything close to those names :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/1/2019 at 8:42 PM, RussTCB said:

There are thousands of these sets left, just not at the official store. Everyone who wants one will be able to get one, I'm certain of it. 

How can you be so sure? Probably there will be more boxes in amazon, ebay, etc. but not too cheap you know. Either way i'm really happy i got it a $445. Can't wait until next week to have it in my hands.

2 hours ago, cpaxlvacy said:

How can you be so sure? Probably there will be more boxes in amazon, ebay, etc. but not too cheap you know. Either way i'm really happy i got it a $445. Can't wait until next week to have it in my hands.

Because 10,000 were made and if they were truly selling well, the price would not have been cut in half in only 6 months time.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Nalbi said:

meLuYUp.png

:ph34r:

Congratulations! Now I have someone else to wait with me! FWIW, it took them almost 24 hours to send me an email saying they got my order. I ordered yesterday morning, got my email this morning. No tracking info yet but they have confirmed they have my order.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Under the guise of "It never hurts to ask" I sent Music Vaults an email asking if there was any way I could get a refund for the difference since I paid $849 CDN originally. I fully expected them to say no but they said YES! They already processed the refund too! I cannot believe I got that turntable and the L&L Set for $500 USD!!

Wow, that's awesome Russ! So great of them to do that, I respect company's that show real initiative and great customer service. They could easily have said no, and anyone would just say 'well, it was worth a try', but they did a noble thing.

I fear if I try, they may not want to make a habit of it, but what have I got to lose, right? 

If it works, I'll buy you a beer 😄

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

So I'm super happy with how this all turned out for me. I got the set in on Thursday and since I was never really in to all the knick-knacks it comes with I immediately started piecing it out I sold everything except for:

-The Box itself (a lot cooler in person than it looks in pictures)

-Sound City Sessions (the main reason I wanted it)

-AFD Remaster

-AFD Cross USB

-Demo Cassette Reproduction

-Flag, cleaning cloth, 45 adapter.

I sold everything else and actually ended up getting what I kept for free by doing so.

I store the main GNR album releases in there, along with a couple picks and my ticket stubs from seeing them. I enjoy this way much better than having a bunch of shitty "art" and ugly metal rings.

c0x75.jpg

Did you just eBay them? I only really want the box for the reason you described. Might do this

11 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

So I'm super happy with how this all turned out for me. I got the set in on Thursday and since I was never really in to all the knick-knacks it comes with I immediately started piecing it out I sold everything except for:

-The Box itself (a lot cooler in person than it looks in pictures)

-Sound City Sessions (the main reason I wanted it)

-AFD Remaster

-AFD Cross USB

-Demo Cassette Reproduction

-Flag, cleaning cloth, 45 adapter.

I sold everything else and actually ended up getting what I kept for free by doing so.

I store the main GNR album releases in there, along with a couple picks and my ticket stubs from seeing them. I enjoy this way much better than having a bunch of shitty "art" and ugly metal rings.

c0x75.jpg

I have seen a few folk flog the trinkets on eBay right enough. Unless I am mistaken, you have not just one copy of Spaghetti on vinyl but TWO?!?

1 minute ago, DTJ80 said:

I have seen a few folk flog the trinkets on eBay right enough. Unless I am mistaken, you have not just one copy of Spaghetti on vinyl but TWO?!?

Yes, one is the orange vinyl edition.

Two appetites in there as well, one Williams cover, one cross.

9 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Did you just eBay them? I only really want the box for the reason you described. Might do this

Yep, eBay!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

Yes, one is the orange vinyl edition.

Two appetites in there as well, one Williams cover, one cross.

Yep, eBay!

Superb stuff. Yeah - unbelievably one of my mates just gave me his original Williams cover Appetite as he no longer has a player! I really hope there is a Spaghetti reissue down the line as I expect there will be a UYI boxset but not Spaghetti. 👍

• Like 1

i ordered on the 31st... got two emails on the 2nd (assuming they were closed for the holiday). one was the confirmation and the second was delivery has been dispatched with the tracking numbers.

unfortunatly, the fedex driver showed up this morning while i was in the shower. i had no idea it would be here so quickly. now i have to wait until he redelivers tomorrow (there is no local office pickup available in my area).

excited for tomorrow's delivery attempt!