Jump to content
RussTCB

AFD Locked & Loaded Discounts: Now $499

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

I would say there is a delay in processing for some reason.  Depending on how it is being shipped it could also already be in the system just hasn't updated yet, I get that all the time with Canada Post.  For instance, I have a package coming from Amazon tomorrow via Canada Post... Amazon says it will be here tomorrow and its on its way, Canada Post site says Not found in system... Amazon knows more than Canada Post I guess.  Hard to say and if musicvaultz doesnt have good contact that isnt where I am going to buy mine

Thank you for putting me at ease a little bit. All of what you said makes sense.

I will update again as soon as I have something to report.

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nodnarb901 said:

Thank you for putting me at ease a little bit. All of what you said makes sense.

I will update again as soon as I have something to report.

I don't think you have to worry, both my packages have supposedly been shipped on January 7th, and while the L&L one has been delivered yesterday, the turntable one is still stuck at "Electronic information submitted by shipper" on the Canada Post tracking.

You guys enjoy the opening as I have to wait until the summer to finally get my hands on mine. <_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nalbi said:

I don't think you have to worry, both my packages have supposedly been shipped on January 7th, and while the L&L one has been delivered yesterday, the turntable one is still stuck at "Electronic information submitted by shipper" on the Canada Post tracking.

You guys enjoy the opening as I have to wait until the summer to finally get my hands on mine. <_<

Thank you for putting me at ease.

I got a reply from them this morning saying they are checking into it.

The box set is awesome the wait will be worth it.

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/01/2019 at 9:31 PM, DeathCubeUK said:

WOW!! The GN'R Turntable arrived today to me in the UK and It's amazing!! 

@troccoli thank you again! You are an absolute superstar. You've been so awesome, I really appreciate all your help.

@RussTCB Thanks for all the info and updates along the way. Loved the joint anticipation of our bundles arriving.

It took me hours as I'm on crutches at the moment, but after staring at the box for ages I went  for it and set it up. I just played the RSD Shadow of Your Love on it and it sounds amazing! Uploaded my 2nd video in 8 yrs to YouTube (lol), so I could share it on here 🤘

 

Unreal!! I've received a takedown notice and a strike from YouTube regarding my video showing the GN'R Turntable, as I played 1m 18s of the Shadow of Your Love single!! 

Wtf is that?! Seriously. I am looking into their copyright and fair usage policy (out of principle), as it's a complete joke.

Just wanted everyone to know I didn't remove the video, YouTube did.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

499 USD?? It will come to my country with 900 USD hahaha :lol::rofl-lol:

The joy of living literally from other side of the earth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DeathCubeUK said:

Unreal!! I've received a takedown notice and a strike from YouTube regarding my video showing the GN'R Turntable, as I played 1m 18s of the Shadow of Your Love single!! 

Wtf is that?! Seriously. I am looking into their copyright and fair usage policy (out of principle), as it's a complete joke.

Just wanted everyone to know I didn't remove the video, YouTube did.

Just upload another video playing a record by another band who's fans aren't assholes like Alfred. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Alfred shit has completely killed by fandom for this band - videos I've been watching for years are now gone forever

Rot in hell, fucker

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it looks like the Turntable deal is no more. I'm still waiting on mine to arrive and have been emailing them for the past few days as they still haven't shipped out the turntable I paid for. 

I got an email back from them this morning saying management is looking into what is going on with my order. I then checked and the turntable is no longer available.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2019 at 10:51 PM, DeathCubeUK said:

Unreal!! I've received a takedown notice and a strike from YouTube regarding my video showing the GN'R Turntable, as I played 1m 18s of the Shadow of Your Love single!! 

Wtf is that?! Seriously. I am looking into their copyright and fair usage policy (out of principle), as it's a complete joke.

Just wanted everyone to know I didn't remove the video, YouTube did.

 Glad I caught it when I did....really appreciate you sharing that video with us all. Can't believe they took it down.  Well no actually I can believe it....it's all so fuckin ridiculous!!!! :max: :angry:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All, I received the box! Quick question. These are supposed to come numbered with some sort of COA. Where is that in the box? I can’t seem to find it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s in the black folder on the left side next to the yellow/red folders.

same one that has the flyers, turntable mat, poster, in it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:19 AM, Stiff Competition said:

None do. It comes with a reproduction of the first demo.

The Red AFD was a euro exclusive I believe. Target had a blue one in the US.

The red AFD cassette is a promo item, it says Promotional on it.  They were given out at various record stores, and at GNR Pop-up shop things.  Only 1000 made.  I was fortunate enough to be given one by the label.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/01/2019 at 12:54 PM, Coma16 said:

Are The Crazies back at it or is it a YT algorithm that caught it?

This made me LOL 😂

**(long post alert)

The Youtube video takedown was issued by the IFPI (International Federation of the Phonograph Industry).

In doing some research, this (from their site) sums it up best:

  • IFPI’s European office coordinates the industry's advocacy at EU level on the key issues affecting the business environment its members operate in. These include protection of copyright, enforcement, licensing, online regulatory issues and international trade.

It seems Universal Music Group (as well as Sony and Warner Group) have actively started taking action towards what they see as Youtube's unfair use/breach of digital licensing, with no recompense to the artist. I looked for Shadow of Your Love on YouTube and couldn't find anything other than official GN'R videos or old Hollywood Rose/live videos/guitar covers.

Having read more into it, I can appreciate that labels are trying to monetise digital music (through paid sunscription accounts like Spotify/Tidal etc) to replace losses in physical sales. YouTube goes against that, allowing albums/singles to be uploaded in full with little or no royalties being paid to artists (I know, i know; most of us here listen on there and then buy it.. just stating their perspective).

These are key points from the IFPI's 2018 Music Consumer Insight report:

  • User upload services continue to dominate consumption: Nearly half of all time spent listening to on-demand music is on YouTube.

  • Copyright infringement remains a significant issue: More than one-third (38%) of consumers obtain music through infringing methods – with stream ripping the dominant method (32% of consumers).

This is a statement from IFPI's CEO summarizing that report:

"However, this report also shows the challenges the music community continues to face – both in the form of the evolving threat of digital copyright infringement as well as in the failure to achieve fair compensation from some user-upload services. Policymakers around the globe have been scrutinising these issues and increasingly acting to address them."

You can see where this is going. 

My objection of course, is when this affects an upload like mine, which I consider to fall under fair usage (which my email from YouTube does state I can appeal on this basis, but that I risk being prosecuted  lol).

I uploaded a video of a GN'R Turntable which played 1m 18s of a song, with me turning the volume up a few times whilst filming. Hardly something that would stop someone purchasing Shadow of Your Love and watch my video instead. I would have thought the opposite would be more true, but there you go.

Apologies for the long post. Like @RussTCB said I will soon upload a new video with something that shouldn't have the IFPI on my case..

(Gonna call the IRS..Gonna need myself the IFPI) 😂😂😂

Edited by DeathCubeUK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I was afraid this would happen.

Now that they are sold out of the turntables, my tracking still shows label created, but not shipped yet. I have contacted them and gotten a response that they are looking into it and will get back to me. 

The last time I heard from them was Friday morning. I have been in contact with two other members on this forum in the same situation that I am in. I have opened a dispute with Paypal, on the 11th. They have not responed to paypal yet either as far as what they plan to do.

I googled digitalstores.uk  (this is who processes the order and the name that shows up who payapl paid) and found this review: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.digitalstores.co.uk

It looks like they have had this happen before. 

If they can't get me my GNR turntable I paid for, then I am going to want a turntable worth the same as the one they didn't ship me. 

Edited by Nodnarb901
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Nodnarb901 said:

Well I was afraid this would happen.

Now that they are sold out of the turntables, my tracking still shows label created, but not shipped yet. I have contacted them and gotten a response that they are looking into it and will get back to me. 

The last time I heard from them was Friday morning. I have been in contact with two other members on this forum in the same situation that I am in. I have opened a dispute with Paypal, on the 11th. They have not responed to paypal yet either as far as what they plan to do.

I googled digitalstores.uk  (this is who processes the order and the name that shows up who payapl paid) and found this review: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.digitalstores.co.uk

It looks like they have had this happen before. 

If they can't get me my GNR turntable I paid for, then I am going to want a turntable worth the same as the one they didn't ship me. 

I'm REALLY bummed this is happening to you man! Please keep us updated on if / what you hear back from them. 

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm REALLY bummed this is happening to you man! Please keep us updated on if / what you hear back from them. 

Will do. It looks like this happened to a small percentage of the people who ordered, so I am glad that most people got their turntable/box set.

I just checked into paypal's dispute policy and if MusicVaultz/Digitalstores does not respond to them by Jan 21 they will issue me a full refund.

  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nodnarb901 said:

Will do. It looks like this happened to a small percentage of the people who ordered, so I am glad that most people got their turntable/box set.

I just checked into paypal's dispute policy and if MusicVaultz/Digitalstores does not respond to them by Jan 21 they will issue me a full refund.

This really sucks. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with it. I must admit, when I placed my order, it took so long for them to acknowledge it (which was worrying after paying £500) and the shipping status took forever to change from 'label created', so I too read the reviews on trustpilot as I was getting worried. They also emailed me asking for information and the emails were always from digitalstores.co.uk and they always took forever to answer when I replied.

In the end I called them on +44 08450527056 and they answered saying 'Universal Music'. Try giving them a call and see what's happening with your order. Say you want the turntable, not a refund. You may need to omit the first 0 when calling from outside the UK. Good luck 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DeathCubeUK said:

This really sucks. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with it. I must admit, when I placed my order, it took so long for them to acknowledge it (which was worrying after paying £500) and the shipping status took forever to change from 'label created', so I too read the reviews on trustpilot as I was getting worried. They also emailed me asking for information and the emails were always from digitalstores.co.uk and they always took forever to answer when I replied.

In the end I called them on +44 08450527056 and they answered saying 'Universal Music'. Try giving them a call and see what's happening with your order. Say you want the turntable, not a refund. You may need to omit the first 0 when calling from outside the UK. Good luck 👍

Thank you for the phone number, I will call them tomorrow (They may be closed or closing right now being in London and I don't want someone working on my problem right before they leave to go home). I have never called from US to the UK before. So dumb question: you said omit the "0" when calling from outside UK. So I would dial: 44845027056?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@RussTCB Dude, I owe you a beer! I emailed regarding the 20% discount to see if there was any chance of a refund (I worded it much better than that lol)..

The UK site emailed back saying they couldn't as the price was still $849.. Undeterred I emailed back saying I expected a reply from Canada, so didn't mention the discount was from using a code (and sent them a screen shot of the discount with the code). 

They have now emailed back saying they have processed the refund!! Thank you so much 😊👍

😄🤘🎁🎄☃

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nodnarb901 said:

Thank you for the phone number, I will call them tomorrow (They may be closed or closing right now being in London and I don't want someone working on my problem right before they leave to go home). I have never called from US to the UK before. So dumb question: you said omit the "0" when calling from outside UK. So I would dial: 44845027056?

 

No problem, I hope it helps.

It's 21:27 here (not sure where you are sorry), so best to call between 9am and 5pm GMT tomorrow. 

Yes the number you put is correct, but add + or 00 at the beginning..

So +44845027056 or 0044845027056

If that doesn't work, put the 0 back in before the 8 👍 Really hope they can sort this for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DeathCubeUK said:

No problem, I hope it helps.

It's 21:27 here (not sure where you are sorry), so best to call between 9am and 5pm GMT tomorrow. 

Yes the number you put is correct, but add + or 00 at the beginning..

So +44845027056 or 0044845027056

If that doesn't work, put the 0 back in before the 8 👍 Really hope they can sort this for you.

Thank you for the help. I will keep everyone posted.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeathCubeUK said:

@RussTCB Dude, I owe you a beer! I emailed regarding the 20% discount to see if there was any chance of a refund (I worded it much better than that lol)..

The UK site emailed back saying they couldn't as the price was still $849.. Undeterred I emailed back saying I expected a reply from Canada, so didn't mention the discount was from using a code (and sent them a screen shot of the discount with the code). 

They have now emailed back saying they have processed the refund!! Thank you so much 😊👍

😄🤘🎁🎄☃

AWESOME! Glad to hear man! I still can't believe what a deal we got! I never expected to get that refund but I'm really glad we both did!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×