AFD Locked & Loaded Discounts: Now $399

1 hour ago, Azifwekare said:

Seriously, anyone who hasn't seen it already, look at this. LOOK AT THIS!!!!!!

https://www.metallica.com/store/and-justice-for-all-remastered-deluxe/REAJFADLX.html

Someone please tell me how an amazing set which is literally packed full to the brim with actual content is being sold for $200, but we get a barely noticeable remaster, demos that we've already had for years (decades?), and a box full of useless crap for a fucking grand. What the fuck?

If we got something like this I would have pre-ordered it in a heartbeat.

But... There aren't any temporary tattoos included! 😂

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, username said:

Someone PM me when it drops under $100

Any more would still feel like sucking Fernando's dick. 

Personally, I'll still go $500 for the L&L Set, just to have the vinyl (oral pleasure is NOT part of my offer) :lol:

4 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

https://www.metallica.com/store/and-justice-for-all-remastered-deluxe/REAJFADLX.html

Someone please tell me how an amazing set which is literally packed full to the brim with actual content is being sold for $200, but we get a barely noticeable remaster, demos that we've already had for years (decades?), and a box full of useless crap for a fucking grand. What the fuck?

E X A C T L Y. Yet again, we're in a position to where literally every other band can do things GN'R can't.

3 hours ago, ZODIAC said:

But... There aren't any temporary tattoos included! 😂

Ohhh, I'd forgetten about that! :lol:

5 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

They’ve done the same with Kill Em All, Lightening, and puppets. I’m not a big Metallica fan but I was tempted with the puppets one and it was definitely worth it, the remaster also sounds great. 

Translated from Guns N Roses speak : Locked N Loaded = turn around bitch I got a use for you. 

Duffs the money guy now, no question. While Axl had control of the brand we had fuck all. Merch, gigs, re-releases at $1000. Duff basically bought him and Slash back in with the dough they are producing as a brand now. 

The band has no integrity, they left that out on highway 65. 

• Haha 2

On 9/17/2018 at 2:04 PM, DTJ80 said:

As someone who has all the Metallica Deluxe boxsets to date and will get AJFA, it’s a valid point to say that as a comparison the Metallica ones really are far superior. They truly document that album and the time in such a way that it proves they are on the fans wavelength. Expensive yes but value for money IMO. I’d argue that if you took away the fancy cabinet, the contents of L&L would be the same as the Master if Puppets Deluxe which was about £170 pounds!!

I hope they get the inevitable Illusions ones better. The one thing the AFD reissue got right over Metallica is the blu-ray 5.1 - why Metallica didn’t do that is baffling. And some may say that disc alone is worth paying decent money as it has been done so well.

Is 5.1 sound really that cool?

3 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Is 5.1 sound really that cool?

Oh yes. Listening to albums in 5.1 puts a completely different spin on it. Depending on your set-up it really can make it sound like you are in the middle of the room - example being drums/vocals central, bass/rhythm to right, lead on left with ‘effects’ moving around all speakers.

If done properly (AFD has by all accounts) it can be amazing - you will also hear stuff such as layered affects you won’t have picked up on through the normal mix.

Metallica released a video compilation DVD about 10 years ago mixed in 5.1 but it only started from AJFA onwards due to One being the first video. The Black Album was released in 5.1 however which again was a great experience.

If Metallica had organised Guns N' Roses's boxset their would have been 11 cds including all the demos (the missing Pasha stuff, etc) and alternative takes and stuff that hasn't already leaked through bootlegs, as well as three whole live shows. There would have been also four dvds of videos, live shows, interviews and stuff (music videos as they've done but Ritz 87, Ritz 88, something else?). You'd get vinyls also. There would have been no useless tat, and the whole thing would set you back $199.98!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

If Metallica had organised Guns N' Roses's boxset their would have been 11 cds including all the demos (the missing Pasha stuff, etc) and alternative takes and stuff that hasn't already leaked through bootlegs, as well as three whole live shows. There would have been also four dvds of videos, live shows, interviews and stuff (music videos as they've done but Ritz 87, Ritz 88, something else?). You'd get vinyls also. There would have been no useless tat, and the whole thing would set you back $199.98!

This is so true and also so sad to read.

On 9/19/2018 at 3:01 PM, Azifwekare said:

To be fair the Super Deluxe is similar to this one and its only $200.

However the Metallica set is still far superior and is what the $200 option should be. The L&L shouldn't even exist.

3 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

Not trying to be snarky, for me its under $200.  Not sure it'll get to that point as I assume it'll be snatched up as the price continues to drop.  

I hear that. I think a lot of others feel the way you do too, which is understandable.

My thing is that I was ready to pay around $500 for it initially, so I'm ok with sticking with that number. I'm absolutely positive it'll drop to at least that price eventually. 

• Like 1