AFD Locked & Loaded Discounts: Now $399

I think at $499.99, I may bite on one of these... still a little too rich for my bones. If there was more actual new music instead of remasters and demos, maybe a bit more interest. I don't think people are interested in a few GNR trinkets for a grand. 

Call me crazy, I think a Chinese era box set with the rerecorded appetite, unheard demos, unreleased songs, stuff no one has heard before - that would drum up more interest than hearing appetite for the billionth time. We've already heard everything in this box. Just in varying degrees of lower quality. 

If you really want a cash grab, throw out some stuff people haven't heard. 

• GNFNR 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I ordered my set on 11/23. The company shipped it but because Candadian post is so backed up, it hasn't moved at all. What a bummer!

Same here. Ordered 11/25 and not moved. Is it due to Canada Post though? As it seems they are yet to receive the items from the store? My tracking info shows the seller has created a shipping sticker, but Canada Post says there will be further updates once they receive the items. 

6 minutes ago, DeathCubeUK said:

Same here. Ordered 11/25 and not moved. Is it due to Canada Post though? As it seems they are yet to receive the items from the store? My tracking info shows the seller has created a shipping sticker, but Canada Post says there will be further updates once they receive the items. 

Here's how I understand it:

The company has the packages ready to go but they have to be picked up by Canada Post. Canada Post is so backed up that they just haven't gotten to it yet. 

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that once all the packages are actually picked up that they'll move quickly to get here. Even when they start moving, I'll still have to wait for them to sit in limbo for a while at US Customs which sucks.

I knew that last part going into this but I really wished I'd known about the first part prior to dropping almost $700 :/

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Here's how I understand it:

The company has the packages ready to go but they have to be picked up by Canada Post. Canada Post is so backed up that they just haven't gotten to it yet. 

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that once all the packages are actually picked up that they'll move quickly to get here. Even when they start moving, I'll still have to wait for them to sit in limbo for a while at US Customs which sucks.

I knew that last part going into this but I really wished I'd known about the first part prior to dropping almost $700 :/

CanadaPost is experiencing rolling strikes due to a labor dispute. All shipments and letters are moving, just really slowly. It's been a real pain for my company this year!

• Like 1

The super deluxe is on amazon now for $93 bucks. I have been waiting for it to drop below $100 and now that it has, I still don't even know if it is worth it.

https://www.amazon.com/Appetite-Destruction-Super-Deluxe-Roses/dp/B07CPDVQYW/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1544463484&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=appetite+super+deluxe+4

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

The super deluxe is on amazon now for $93 bucks. I have been waiting for it to drop below $100 and now that it has, I still don't even know if it i worth it.

https://www.amazon.com/Appetite-Destruction-Super-Deluxe-Roses/dp/B07CPDVQYW/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1544463484&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=appetite+super+deluxe+4

$20 per disc. Still seems steep to me. In fairness though, I view everything else in that set as junk. Some people disagree with me on that one.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, username said:

$20 per disc. Still seems steep to me. In fairness though, I view everything else in that set as junk. Some people disagree with me on that one.

It would be one thing if it was a better collection.. It is mostly just redundant versions of the same songs. There are some cool versions of "Move To The City" but most of those demos are only worth a listen or too and the better stuff I already have.  All that said and I am still on the fence.

36 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

It would be one thing if it was a better collection.. It is mostly just redundant versions of the same songs. There are some cool versions of "Move To The City" but most of those demos are only worth a listen or too and the better stuff I already have.  All that said and I am still on the fence.

Under a 100 is a fair price. However the only thibg that interested me, is just downloading from itunes the appetite  remaster and the sound city recordings and that's it.  The music video would probably be on youtube if you wanted to download. Just depends whether you think its worth it. The small posters and shit mean little to me.....if your unsure wait till after xmas it may go down further. I think 60-70 is reasonable price.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Under a 100 is a fair price. However the only thibg that interested me, is just downloading from itunes the appetite  remaster and the sound city recordings and that's it.  The music video would probably be on youtube if you wanted to download. Just depends whether you think its worth it. The small posters and shit mean little to me.....if your unsure wait till after xmas it may go down further. I think 60-70 is reasonable price.

at this point I would seriously not even pay 60-70.  30-40 for me... maybe. 

9 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

The super deluxe is on amazon now for $93 bucks. I have been waiting for it to drop below $100 and now that it has, I still don't even know if it is worth it.

It's 5 discs, with some photos and posters... anything over $50 is ridiculous IMO. Even $50 is high but 'justifiable'.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2018 at 3:11 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

It's 5 discs, with some photos and posters... anything over $50 is ridiculous IMO. Even $50 is high but 'justifiable'.

The 5.1 Blu Ray makes it more justifiable for being over $50. But only if you have the set-up to use it I guess.

• GNFNR 1

On 12/10/2018 at 8:34 AM, DeathCubeUK said:

One of my tracking numbers finally shows as moving as of late last night. I'm hope it's the big box but I'm sure it's just the free Black Friday gift lol

3 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

The 5.1 Blu Ray makes it more justifiable for being over $50. But only if you have the set-up to use it I guess.

This is the real reason I was willing to bite at $90. AFD in 5.1 is something I've always wanted, and that's something I'd happily be dropped $30-40 on if it were a standalone release. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

One of my tracking numbers finally shows as moving as of late last night. I'm hope it's the big box but I'm sure it's just the free Black Friday gift lol

Lol, I just checked and no change with mine sadly, so it could actually be the Black Friday gift as I didn't get one as they'd sold out.

Mine says this still:

Description 
Electronic information submitted by shipper

Additional Information 
The shipper has created a shipping label for this item and has sent us electronic information.

If no additional updates are showing in Track, it means we have not yet received the item. We will start tracking the item once we receive it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeathCubeUK said:

Lol, I just checked and no change with mine sadly, so it could actually be the Black Friday gift as I didn't get one as they'd sold out.

Mine says this still:

Description 
Electronic information submitted by shipper

Additional Information 
The shipper has created a shipping label for this item and has sent us electronic information.

If no additional updates are showing in Track, it means we have not yet received the item. We will start tracking the item once we receive it.

That's what the other two for mine still say. I'll let you know when the one package shows up, but I'm pretty sure it's the least important part lol