The Spaghetti Incident? LOCKED AND LOADED

Nothing too serious here, but:

Do you think it'd be any lost tracks, demos or sessions (apart from Look At Your Game).

Maybe included in the UYI box set if they release it?

I was only wandering about...

BTW, I really like that album, not my favourite, but it's always in the bag, and I do love Slash touch and feeling in it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pentatonicamenor said:

Do you think it'd be any lost tracks, demos or sessions (apart from Look At Your Game).

There are two confirmed recordings that didn't make the album.

Have a look here:

It's possible that there are more, based on a Gilby interview.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

There are two confirmed recordings that didn't make the album.

Have a look here:

It's possible that there are more, based on a Gilby interview.

Thanks for the info ;)

9 minutes ago, ApacheChief42 said:

Is it wrong that TSI is their only perfect album IMO?

Not better than any of the rest, but not one meh track

Maybe "I Don't Care About You" is the only one I don't like so much.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ApacheChief42 said:

Is it wrong that TSI is their only perfect album IMO?

Not better than any of the rest, but not one meh track

Hardly a perfect album lol, but it does sound the best. Better than AFD, especially on vinyl IMO.

Kinda frustrating that it's a better production/final product than the UYI albums even though they were largely recorded at the same time.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Hardly a perfect album lol, but it does sound the best. Better than AFD, especially on vinyl IMO.

Kinda frustrating that it's a better production/final product than the UYI albums even though they were largely recorded at the same time.

Only these four were recorded during the UYI sessions:

Black Leather
I Don’t Care About You
Attitude
New Rose

The other 9 were recorded during and after the tour. SIDHY was recorded in March '93, Buick Makane probably sometime in '93 as well, Look At Your Game Girl was done probably after the tour at Axl's house. Also, Slash did the final mix on the songs himself.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fashionista said:

Black Leather
I Don’t Care About You
Attitude
New Rose

The other 9 were recorded during and after the tour. SIDHY was recorded in March '93, Buick Makane probably sometime in '93 as well, Look At Your Game Girl was done probably after the tour at Axl's house. Also, Slash did the final mix on the songs himself.

Down On The Farm and Ain't It Fun were also done during the UYI sessions. It's been documented in interviews of the time.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Fashionista said:

Only these four were recorded during the UYI sessions:

Black Leather
I Don’t Care About You
Attitude
New Rose

If SIDHY was played as the intro for Saskatoon on March 26th of '93, does it mean it was already mixed by then? That's a quick time to mix and record a song, then press a version on a tape for playing at a concert

3 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

If SIDHY was played as the intro for Saskatoon on March 26th of '93, does it mean it was already mixed by then? That's a quick time to mix and record a song, then press a version on a tape for playing at a concert

William - How did you come about to the song "Since I Don't Have You"? I really like that one.

Slash - That's a good one.

Axl - That song, for some reason… When we started rehearsing, living in a little craphole on… Craphole, like that?

Steve Downs - Yeah.

[everybody laughs]

Steve Downs - We can use that one.

Axl - Off Sunset and Gardener. It was just a song for some reason I wanted to do & Slash wanted to do a long time ago, and we don't really know… we felt indicated…

Slash - No, the reason why was 'cause I heard you singing it when you were living at my house.

Axl - Oh.

Slash - And since you sang it with so much… [inaudible]

[everybody laughs]

Axl - I don't know why I really liked that song, I just did and then… We were on the road, we had three days off in Boston, and the song just fit things at the time and we had some time so we went in and did it without having any clue of what it was gonna sound like musically. Because it's a completely different string arrangement and everything in the original. And we went in and just had fun with it.

Slash - There's a good story going behind that song because I think that was one of the first songs that really started to turn this "Spaghetti Incident" thing into an actual album.

Steve Downs - Really?

Slash - And we did it on off time on the road and recorded it in Makeshift studios in Boston. Brought rental gear down there 'cause all our gear was on the track. And that was how badly we wanted to do it. We just… you know, pulled out whatever we had. And talking about Gilby's guitar… We used his practice guitar and we used rented gear and this and that. We couldn't find a guitar store in Boston.

Edited by Fashionista

1 minute ago, Fashionista said:

William - How did you come about to the song "Since I Don't Have You"? I really like that one.

Axl - That song, for some reason… When we started rehearsing, living in a little craphole on… Craphole, like that?

Steve Downs - Yeah.

[everybody laughs]

Axl - Off Sunset and Gardener. It was just a song for some reason I wanted to do & Slash wanted to do a long time ago, and we don't really know… we felt indicated…

Slash - No, the reason why was 'cause I heard you singing it when you were living at my house.

Axl - Oh.

[everybody laughs]

Axl - I don't know why I really liked that song, I just did and then… We were on the road, we had three days off in Boston, and the song just fit things at the time and we had some time so we went in and did it without having any clue of what it was gonna sound like musically. Because it's a completely different string arrangement and everything in the original. And we went in and just had fun with it.

Well shit, sounds like they just recorded it and felt excited enough about it to debut it

5 hours ago, Fashionista said:

Steve Downs - Yeah.

[everybody laughs]

Axl - Oh.

[everybody laughs]

Slash - There's a good story going behind that song because I think that was one of the first songs that really started to turn this "Spaghetti Incident" thing into an actual album.

Steve Downs - Really?

Slash - And we did it on off time on the road and recorded it in Makeshift studios in Boston. Brought rental gear down there 'cause all our gear was on the track. And that was how badly we wanted to do it. We just… you know, pulled out whatever we had. And talking about Gilby's guitar… We used his practice guitar and we used rented gear and this and that. We couldn't find a guitar store in Boston.

Yeah man, Axl living at Slash's. I can't imagine it. They would try to live together right now, I'm sure they would creating new music since the first day.