Double Talkin' Jive

Double Talkin' Jive  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, ludurigan said:

have you ever listened to the Rio 1991 silver CDs?

Yes. And I think Axl's voice sounds bad. He wasn't as raspy as he was for the rest of the 1991 shows, and he just kept switching over to the strange voice he began using regularly after he hurt his voice that is so prevalent in the late 1992 and most of the 1993 shows. It sounds weak by Axl standards. Obviously, these are not facts, but what I feel about the matter. 

11 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

I cant stand Noblesville, it's just a weird mix and Axl sounds like he's lost his voice. Even performances like Dust N' Bones, Bad Obsession are bad sounding.

Yeah Noblesville has got a strange mix (Fransad's version makes it sound quite a bit better though), and Axl sure sounded like he was dying sometimes. I don't think that sounded bad though. The early parts aren't the best, but Axl sounds good from Civil War onwards. 

On 31/08/2018 at 1:09 PM, Waemoth said:

Yes. And I think Axl's voice sounds bad. He wasn't as raspy as he was for the rest of the 1991 shows, and he just kept switching over to the strange voice he began using regularly after he hurt his voice that is so prevalent in the late 1992 and most of the 1993 shows. It sounds weak by Axl standards. Obviously, these are not facts, but what I feel about the matter. 

yeah of course, appreciate your answer

yes i have to reckon axl's voice and singing are very particular at those two rio shows...

anyway i think axl sounds fantastic in both shows (specially second night) and I don't remember seeing him as loose & crazy as on the second night!

my advice to you (if is my place to give one!) is try and listen to those rio 1991 shows from time to time...

and *maybe* there will come a day when you will get used to it and *maybe* you will even get to a point where you appreciate them!

it happened to me with slash's first snakepit album. i couldn't stand eric's voice (or the songs) for a while but somehow I kept playing the album from time to time

and there came a day when, like magic, i was actually enjoying eric's voice and the songs!

of course that "strategy" may fail miserably

i have tried the same with axl solo album and it hasn't worked hahahaha

• Like 1