Motley Crue's Sixx/Lee and Bob Rock in the studio

BadApples87

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/motley-crue-new-studio-project/

I was a bit surprised by this, because I had read that Sixx and Lee weren't on speaking terms at this point.  Also, they signed that contract saying they won't perform together anymore.  I guess that doesn't include making new music, most likely for The Dirt Movie.  

Sixx and Lee are pictured with Bob Rock.  Vince not pictured.  Mick hasn't been awakened from his coffin yet.

Somehow I think they will eventually do some shows together.  Just not a tour.

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:12 PM, BadApples87 said:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/motley-crue-new-studio-project/

I was a bit surprised by this, because I had read that Sixx and Lee weren't on speaking terms at this point.  Also, they signed that contract saying they won't perform together anymore.  I guess that doesn't include making new music, most likely for The Dirt Movie.  

Sixx and Lee are pictured with Bob Rock.  Vince not pictured.  Mick hasn't been awakened from his coffin yet.

Somehow I think they will eventually do some shows together.  Just not a tour.

I guess when it comes to making money anyone can tolerate anyone. lol

I heard they might be working on music for the upcoming movie the Dirt based on the book.

I do know that Mick doesn't talk to any of them anymore. He lives in Nashville as does Vince, but they don't stay in contact either.

Guess Nikki is done with Sixx AM too.

Guess time will tell.

20 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Hmmm...

Guess that means not Vince. lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I guess when it comes to making money anyone can tolerate anyone. lol

I heard they might be working on music for the upcoming movie the Dirt based on the book.

I do know that Mick doesn't talk to any of them anymore. He lives in Nashville as does Vince, but they don't stay in contact either.

Guess Nikki is done with Sixx AM too.

Guess time will tell.

Guess that means not Vince. lol

The thing that surprises me about this Sixx/Lee reunion is the fact that Mars/Corabi were trying to do some material together and it got squashed by the other Crue members.  

• 2 weeks later...

I remember saying ''they'll be back'' at the time when they made such a song and dance out of retiring. The contract thing was clearly just a marketing gimmick (I don't suppose anyone would sue them?) and probably not worth the paper it was written on. Get ready for a tour under some ''ironic'' moniker similar to ''Not in this Lifetime'', e.g., ''The Broken Contract Tour''. 

• Like 1

Vince posted that he would be joining Nikki, Tommy and Mick to record 4 new songs which may or may not be on the Dirt soundtrack. lol

That was a shorter retirement than KISS.

If the movie dirt is about the start of MC, why would they need to record new songs, when the time was when they first started the band and it would be earlier songs, which we all know Vince can't sing for shit now? lol

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I remember saying ''they'll be back'' at the time when they made such a song and dance out of retiring. The contract thing was clearly just a marketing gimmick (I don't suppose anyone would sue them?) and probably not worth the paper it was written on. Get ready for a tour under some ''ironic'' moniker similar to ''Not in this Lifetime'', e.g., ''The Broken Contract Tour''. 

Well, from what I understood about the contract, it stated that if all the members agreed to get back and make more music and tour, then they could. There's always a way out.

We've heard so little about the production of the Dirt movie, but I've been waiting on it at least a decade.

The book is such an enjoyable odyssey. I read it at least once a year. It's dubious if it will be a good movie because they've gone the K-mart route with the people involved (it doesn't take talent to direct jackass skits) and so many production companies have walked away from the project over the last fifteen years.

As far as new Motley Crue music, they peaked with the Shout album! Can anybody really expect something good out of these guys now?

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, just read that The Dirt will go directly to Netflix. Also Nikki Sixx has confirmed that the band has recorded new songs for the movie and how amazing it sounds. His words not mine.

also Nikki said that there will be a "surprise" announcement soon that will confirm that MC are out of their minds. lol God help us all! Are they getting back on the road again?

Also Nikki is working on a play based on his Heroin diaries book. Now that should be awesome if they get the right actors.

Anyway, I know everyone of you has been on pins and needles waiting for this news. lol

The contract was all publicity anyway. "RIP" and we've all been waiting for the back from the dead tour. EVEN IF it was real, one off shows, residencies, etc are not "touring" somtheyd be sure to find the loopholes.

Even with Vince's vocal incapabiltiies, I'll still go see them if they come back. The overall show is a blast.

Yeah, if it wasn't for Mick and Tommy, Vince would be booed off the stage. He is terrible.

I don't think I would go to see MC again, unless the new songs rock. The final show was great even with Vince's vocals. he did kill Home sweet home though.

I understand when bands want to come back together. I mean it's what they do and the Crue still rock and have millions of fans. What else can you do when you're in a HUGE rock band? To retire is just nuts. Look at KISS. I say rock until you drop!

Pertaining to Vince Neil's vocals, I suppose fans have to re-adjust their quality threshold to ensue continued interest of the band - Guns N' Roses fans have been doing this for a number of years with Axl Rose, the Kiss Army also with Paul Stanley. ''They're a bit old so I'll give them a reprieve'' you might say? 

On October 20, 2018 at 3:00 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Pertaining to Vince Neil's vocals, I suppose fans have to re-adjust their quality threshold to ensue continued interest of the band - Guns N' Roses fans have been doing this for a number of years with Axl Rose, the Kiss Army also with Paul Stanley. ''They're a bit old so I'll give them a reprieve'' you might say? 

Meh, you can do all sorts of stuff in the studio to make it decent. Vince sucks, but its way easier to get solid studio recordings than a concert. He can do unlimited takes, splice together the parts that work, tweak them after they are recorded, etc. I bet Axl would sound fantastic on a new studio recording even though he's been bombing it live

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2018 at 4:22 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Vince Neil said "The Dirt" movie will be released on March 22, 2019.

Not sure if this will be a theatre release or straight to blueray/dvd.

I'm sure the Crue will have a huge premiere in LA for sure.

If it's anything like the book, it'll be epic!

It's a Netflix movie, at least in the US.