Apparently Slash is asking reporters to sign contracts before interviews

“Before I can speak to Slash I have to sign a contract that says that if anything goes wrong – if some kind of shit hits the fan because of what I write – and GN’R lose money, then Classic Rock carries the can. This is no small thing when you’re dealing with the fourth biggest earning tour of all time”

https://www.alternativenation.net/slash-reporter-sign-bizarre-contract-interview/

78862_0_wide_ver1535638588.jpg@642

11 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

How exactly would Guns lose money from an interview gone wrong? Not asking to be a smart ass. Legitimately asking.

I was wondering the same thing... surely the contract would have to state terms of what these "wrong" things might be.

I would think it would need to be a bit more specific than lose money.

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

Smells like the Redhead...

“And I never saw it coming. I mean, this is my side of it, he’d probably say I’m completely fucking crazy, but I think he went power mad. Suddenly he was trying to control everything. Did you ever see those fucked up contracts for the journalists to sign?” he asks, referring to the notorious ‘consent forms’ that Axl foolishly tried to foist on the media in 1991. “The control issues just became worse and worse and eventually it filtered down to the band. He was trying to draw up contracts for everybody! And this guy, he’s not a Harvard graduate, Axl. He’s just a guy, just a little guy, who sings, is talented. But man, he turned into this fucking maniac. And I did, too, but it was a different kind of maniac. I was paranoid about the business aspect – freaking out going ‘Where’s all the money?’”

- Izzy Stradlin'

if my memory is right axl started doing this is Rio 1991

the journalists were outraged at the time!

• Like 1

Hey, whatever you gotta do to keep the ball rolling.  My feeling is, though I'd never go see em, a world with Guns in it is better than a world without it, whats the other choice, throw your toys out the pram and go back to doing Slash & the Allstars?  They're old men now anyway, none of ems gonna be a part of some world changing epic new album, just fuckin' do what you gotta do and keep the show on the road. 

I think it's more to keep something like the Axl/Mick Wall thing from happening again. Journalist twisting stuff around and writing something that ends up causing issues with the band. Tbh in this day and age it's not super uncommon for contracts like this to be passed around before interviews and stuff.

Now if anyone should have to sign a contract it should be Brett and alternative nation 😂

• Haha 1

I don't get it. So Slash can just talk shit about Axl and simply point the finger at the magazine, then we get Get In The Ring Pt 2? 

In all seriousness, even when journalists do twist things, it can still cause issues within the band no matter who officially gets the blame. I assume it's just a chance to sue if things do go tits up.

Who cares.  Journalists in general, but entertainment journalists even more so, are a part of a business of publishing.  They aren't some great force of peace that needs to be revered and respected.  They write to sell papers/magazines and get views on websites that run ads.  A journalist will get at least as much from interviewing Slash as Slash gets from being interviewed, probably more.

3 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I think the Rolling Stone interview has got him paranoid. When he stopped by Eddie Trunk's show the other day, he was saying the interviewer was an asshole. 

So the guy was an asshole for calling Slash out? Interesting take on things, Slash.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

So the guy was an asshole for calling Slash out? Interesting take on things, Slash.

Slash was annoyed when the interviewer mentioned punctuality.

While the questions were good, it's clear they are very sensitive areas. 

I think they probably agreed before hand what was allowed etc, and the interviewer just asked what he wanted anyways.

Slash was clearly uncomfortable in that interview. 

• Like 4

I think the question about Perla and Axl got Slash mad. I think he halfway expected the rest of the questions at some point. Those questions were top notch. He questioned if this was simply a get together or an actual band haha 

but yea I imagine if an interview is taken the wrong way and Axl or someone gets mad and a show gets canceled then that’s technically money lost.