Eminem - Kamikaze (08/31/2018 Surprise Album Drop)

RussTCB

18 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I thought the Licensed To Ill cover was like saying "Ok here's a rap album, no Beyonce or Pink shit". Other than those 2 songs with Jessie it's a solid album IMO, been playing the hell outta The Ringer, Lucky You, Greatest, Not Alike, Fall and Kamikaze.

I also think it's funny how easily offended people are by the Tyler diss in Fall. :lol:

More specifically Lisenced to Ill was pretty...uhm, whats the word I'm looking for?  Like trash, low, dirty type music

Still ain't listened to this fuckin' album!

8 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

We know get nervous Rabbit i see mamas spaghetti all over your sweater

I wish you would LOSE YOURSELF in a record you made a decade ago they were better

According to them your a national treasure/ to me your soft as a feather

haha i like that.

Tryin to be the old you so bad you Stan yourself

that was cold

Don’t have a heart attack now, somebody help ya mans up

Knees weak of old age, the real slim shady can’t stand up

:lol:

I’ll give MGK one thing, that might be the hardest I’ve ever heard anyone go after Em, he was all in on that one, good insults, good putting out the behind the scenes drama they have, good flow, using Eminem’s own stuff against him, pretty sick. And it actually sounds like a diss track, Fall is kinda soft sounding for a diss track.

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I honestly can’t imagine Eminem putting out much of a response to this MGK.

Idk, he did take weak shots at MGK first on kamikaze, and 48 hours later MGK comes with that nasty diss. If now Em decides to play the whole, I’m so big this peasant doesn’t deserve a response angle, Idk, that would be kinda lame.

Personally I don’t give a damn about either one of them. So as a non fan just listening, I’d say MGK killed him.

Edited by J Dog

57 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

It will be a case of this.  I might be wrong.  Quite frankly, it werent really lyrically all that anyway.

No you’re probably right. I just don’t really see how he can play that card after going after MGK first. And yeah, Kelly is far from being a top lyricist :lol: but he did go in hard on that track, which to me is just as important as lyricism on a diss track. Maybe even more important.

But like I said, I don’t like either one. I do tip my hat to Kelly for not backing down  and going all in.

16 minutes ago, J Dog said:

No you’re probably right. I just don’t really see how he can play that card after going after MGK first. And yeah, Kelly is far from being a top lyricist :lol: but he did go in hard on that track, which to me is just as important as lyricism on a diss track. Maybe even more important.

But like I said, I don’t like either one. I do tip my hat to Kelly for not backing down  and going all in.

I suppose the reasoning is ones a line and then a whole song is kinda taking it up a step, givin' em more attention that they're worth.  I'm a great believer in The Wu Tang school of addressing all comers though.  I think its a couple of lines anyway, I ain't heard the whole album, is there a whole song dedicated to MGK?  His rhymes were kind of....meh though.  C'mon, national treasure/soft as a feather etc.  And also, it goes back to that whole 50 Cent 'i dont believe you' thing, the guys not convincing talking like he's some kinda bad man.  But respect to him for stepping up and he's not bad bad bad, the song wasn't weak or anything, just weren't particularly strong either.

And in another way I'm kinda on side with him.  Its a measure of like...y'know, fuckin' step up, there's so much reverence for Em' now that he disses people and its like 'OHMIGOSH!', like they're flattered or something. 

Don’t have a heart attack now, somebody help ya mans up

Knees weak of old age, the real slim shady can’t stand up

Again, pretty soft rhymes. 

Edited by Len Cnut

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I suppose the reasoning is ones a line and then a whole song is kinda taking it up a step, givin' em more attention that they're worth.  I'm a great believer in The Wu Tang school of addressing all comers though.  I think its a couple of lines anyway, I ain't heard the whole album, is there a whole song dedicated to MGK?  His rhymes were kind of....meh though.  C'mon, national treasure/soft as a feather etc.  And also, it goes back to that whole 50 Cent 'i dont believe you' thing, the guys not convincing talking like he's some kinda bad man.  But respect to him for stepping up and he's not bad bad bad, the song wasn't weak or anything, just weren't particularly strong either.

And in another way I'm kinda on side with him.  Its a measure of like...y'know, fuckin' step up, there's so much reverence for Em' now that he disses people and its like 'OHMIGOSH!', like they're flattered or something. 

Again, pretty soft rhymes. 

That line made me laugh :lol:

Yeah it’s no Ether or anything but I’m with it. One reason maybe is I didn’t know MGK had it in him? He didn’t just challenge or take a shot, he went in 100. Just kinda surprised me.

I wonder what happened with Budden? I saw Crooked take shots at him in an interview awhile back and now Em is talking about him. I’m fine with that tho, Budden was always the weak link in Slaughterhouse.

15 minutes ago, J Dog said:

That line made me laugh :lol:

Yeah it’s no Ether or anything but I’m with it. One reason maybe is I didn’t know MGK had it in him? He didn’t just challenge or take a shot, he went in 100. Just kinda surprised me.

I wonder what happened with Budden? I saw Crooked take shots at him in an interview awhile back and now Em is talking about him. I’m fine with that tho, Budden was always the weak link in Slaughterhouse.

Buddens retired.  What happened was always on his little podcast making this comment or the other about Em’ or being on Shady Records etc etc.  

But yeah, he’s retired from rap.

Edited by Len Cnut

Apparently Em's working on the MGK response. I'd bet it comes out Friday at the latest. Lots of hints that more music is coming, maybe a Kamikaze pt II.

On a side-note, @J Dog you heard the live version Catfish Billy 2 yet? I'm glad TM3 will be his last album with Shady.

Spoiler

Edited by Gordon Comstock

Heard the whole album, i think it was solid as fuck, not a bad track on there.  Its at least as good as The Marshal Mathers LP 2, which I thought was brilliant.  Might even be better in that its a bit more concise feeling somehow.  Don't even see how the end is bad like a lot of people are saying, its a slight change in tone but not much else.  Its solid all the way through to me.  I hear a lot about beats etc, which, OK, fair enough, they ain't like mind-blowing beats-wise but thats as much to do with the fact that its contemporary with reasonably contemporary beats and in this day and age no one has good beats that I've heard.

A lot of the criticism, especially from mainstream media, and thats where most of it is from, is a bunch of bullshit.  A lot of references to 'middle aged rich white man' and all that shit, they're like character assessments and what they feel the music says about Eminem as a person rather than just what it sounds like and how hard it goes in, which is bullshit.  Written mostly (and this part is quite telling) by middle aged white journalists. 

A very very solid offering in my book, I hope he follows it up quick with another thats just as hard.

Edited by Len Cnut

12 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Apparently Em's working on the MGK response. I'd bet it comes out Friday at the latest. Lots of hints that more music is coming, maybe a Kamikaze pt II.

On a side-note, @J Dog you heard the live version Catfish Billy 2 yet? I'm glad TM3 will be his last album with Shady.

Reveal hidden contents

First time hearing that. Sounds good, has the Catfish vibe. Hope the album comes soon. Yeah the Shady deal didn’t go as planned for him or SH. It’ll be interesting to hear what he does going forward.

1 hour ago, J Dog said:

I wish Crooked handled his career a little different. He was a beast.

I remember hearing that guy first on Too Gangsta For Radio, that little Death Row mixtape from the early 00s.  Or was it mid, i forget.  Anyway, he was the only worthwhile thing on that whole album full of Snoop fakes and Pac immitators like The Realest and Top Dogg.  He did this track Death Rizzo, was pretty cool:

The beat ain't all that but the flow really made me take notice.

21 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I remember hearing that guy first on Too Gangsta For Radio, that little Death Row mixtape from the early 00s.  Or was it mid, i forget.  Anyway, he was the only worthwhile thing on that whole album full of Snoop fakes and Pac immitators like The Realest and Top Dogg.  He did this track Death Rizzo, was pretty cool:

The beat ain't all that but the flow really made me take notice.

I still love that song. Like you that’s the song that made me take notice.

This was the next song I heard with him that made me start checking him out. Real tight verse here. If you can be sandwiched between Daz and Kurupt and still stand out you’re doing good cause those boys have great chemistry together.

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 1