"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

Instead of a separate thread for "Your thoughts on..." every song, magazine article, show, radio interview, fan art, reference to GnR in popular culture that originally aired after 7PM on a Thursday, marriage, divorce, guitar chord, Paul Tobias shirt, Pittman sound effect, individual members favorite state bird(all 50 states AND Territories)  and ANYTHING I'm ignorantly leaving out.

It might be easier then making a "Your thought on" every gd thing in the world?

Maybe a sub-forum "Think About You?"  I could, like these threads, go on for days...  Pretty sure we're getting trolled.

Edited by DeadSlash
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

Instead of a separate thread for "Your thoughts on..." every song, magazine article, show, radio interview, fan art, reference to GnR in popular culture that originally aired after 7PM on a Thursday, marriage, divorce, guitar chord, Paul Tobias shirt, Pittman sound effect, individual members favorite state bird(all 50 states AND Territories,  and ANYTHING I'm ignorantly leaving out.

It might be easier then making a "Your thought on" every gd thing in the world?

Maybe a sub-forum "Think About You?"  I could, like these threads, go on for days...

We have that, it's called the Jungle.

• Like 1

I think that the drummers were always the least important part in GNR.

GN'R without axl is unthinkable, GN'R without slash doesn't sound that much as GN'R, GN'R without izzy has no soul, GN'R without duff feels like something is missing....

But who cares about the drums anyway?
Steven adler was nothing special, Sorum was one of the best, there's too few demos of Freese.....I think anyone can play drums on the band and it still will sound like GN'R.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NeonKinight said:

GN'R without axl is unthinkable, GN'R without slash doesn't sound that much as GN'R, GN'R without izzy has no soul, GN'R without duff feels like something is missing....

Steven adler was nothing special, Sorum was one of the best, there's too few demos of Freese.....I think anyone can play drums on the band and it still will sound like GN'R.

Nah, each drummer definitely brought something different, Adler and Brain were the best IMO.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Nah, each drummer definitely brought something different, Adler and Brain were the best IMO.

yes yes...but adler was way too simple, Sorum was way too complicated and heavy, and Brain was out of this world. 
For me, Brain, sorum and Freese. Not necessarily in this order

1 minute ago, NeonKinight said:

yes yes...but adler was way too simple, Sorum was way too complicated and heavy, and Brain was out of this world. 
For me, Brain, sorum and Freese. Not necessarily in this order

Adler was 'rock n roll'. The perfect AFD drummer. How can he be called 'too simple' when Sorum literally played the same (simple) fill on almost every UYI track? :lol: Plenty of great classic rock songs have simple, groovy beats ;)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Adler was 'rock n roll'. The perfect AFD drummer. How can he be called 'too simple' when Sorum literally played the same (simple) fill on almost every UYI track? :lol: Plenty of great classic rock songs have simple, groovy beats ;)

Dead horse and even black leather are examples of what I think the drums for a GNR song should sound like. 

My "dreamteam" would be : Axl, Slash, Buckethead, 4TUS, Duff, Freese/Mantia

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeonKinight said:

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel about each member.  I can't get into drums like some people do, I just don't hear it.  If I heard a new song on the radio and Axl was singing, I would immediately know it was Axl.  If I heard a new song with Slash, there is about a 75% chance I'd say "Wait, is that Slash?"  There has never been, and will never be a moment where I hear a new song and say "Oh shit! That's ___________ on the drums!" 

Matt Sorum was supposed to be this really uber talented drummer, but he just played what he was told, so did it really matter? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I just hate the way Brains drums sound.. the playing is great, but if you listen to HOB, Rock in Rio or Boston from 02, just sounds lacking in the mix. I felt like he was never present or high enough in the live sound to really show how he played. A shame too, he's second to me, after Adler. Adler just brought a unique groove that made their sound work. Rocket Queen never sounded the same after he was gone. 

• Like 2